Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That does not change the fact that he's holding out and for what they are portraying to be more than Aso numbers, now does it?

Revis is coming of his best year, where he attended training camp and played in the pre-season, no?

Don't be so sure he does not need anything!

How much TC did Revis have as a rookie?

Still don't see anything in there saying he's going to sit out the whole year. I'm sorry I just don't, I cant read into those comments as meaning that.

There were reports stating he would follow in his uncles footsteps.

Where do you think they came from? :huh:

That does not change the fact that he's holding out and for what they are portraying to be more than Aso numbers, now does it?

Revis is coming of his best year, where he attended training camp and played in the pre-season, no?

Don't be so sure he does not need anything!

Honestly this is dumb to argue over. I'll tell you what I'll come on here and tell you you were 100% right and I'm a dumbass if he misses the Ravens game. It's not gonna happen. He's doing business right now, its all hear-say and threats from his agents. I'll be nervous when Monday Sept 13 comes around and he's not signed until then i still have full faith that he will be back before then.

There were reports stating he would follow in his uncles footsteps.

Where do you think they came from? :huh:

hahaha from the media! It's a perfect threat, his uncle did it so of course everyone will be scared he is taking advice from him doing the same thing.

What indications? Give me some names other than Schefter. Only news Schefter gets is the stuff thats given to him.

Not one prominent NFL guy has came out and given reason to believe.

Glazer hasn't said a peep and he could be better than Schefter.

I think if there were any truth to this,one if the big guys would have the scoop. Nothing is ever protected this well in this day and age, that the only people to know would be some obscure writer in Dallas or some college radio station in Pittsburgh.

I was going through a slide show and came across this and had to laugh

to keep from crying

7 years, $35 million, $13 million signing bonus....only 15 years ago....and he was the highest paid defensive player in the entire NFL at the time he signed this deal :blink:

(he was an UFA at the time)

21-deion-sanders.jpg

hahaha from the media! It's a perfect threat, his uncle did it so of course everyone will be scared he is taking advice from him doing the same thing.

Right the media was making up stories, speaking for Revis, and basically slandering him, and he did not say boo!

You honestly believe that?

I got a bridge to sell ya!

to keep from crying

7 years, $35 million, $13 million signing bonus....only 15 years ago....and he was the highest paid defensive player in the entire NFL at the time he signed this deal :blink:

Definitely not three years into his career either.

to keep from crying

What's more impressive is that he was coming off a season in which he won DPOY without tackling anybody. :rolleyes:

Right the media was making up stories, speaking for Revis, and basically slandering him, and he did not say boo!

You honestly believe that?

I got a bridge to sell ya!

Under advisement of his agents!

lol Forget it man, I already know from reading these boards all the time you LOVE LOVE LOVE to argue and I'm just feeding into it. We can continue this if you'd like on Sept 13.

"If all wrong" meaning "oh sh*t, this could be wrong"

I don't know Matt, I see what you are saying but I don't see it that way. Plus, you aren't the most optimistic poster haha. If he progresses with statements like that maybe I'd say okay but to me he's still sticking by what he says.

Wow. Just wow.

Not my fault you're putting your hope in the hands of a nobody.

If Colishaw had any confidence left in his prediction, he would have told us by now. He wouldn't be saying "if all of these sources are wrong it would be strange" Hell, look at the sources he's citing. AOL? Pittsburgh radio? Who?

How this escapes you is puzzling. But please, continue using your smilies and meaningless posts

Honestly this is dumb to argue over. I'll tell you what I'll come on here and tell you you were 100% right and I'm a dumbass if he misses the Ravens game. It's not gonna happen. He's doing business right now, its all hear-say and threats from his agents. I'll be nervous when Monday Sept 13 comes around and he's not signed until then i still have full faith that he will be back before then.

It's more than that though.

You're saying he has a line drawn in the sand, and once that times up he will sign the best deal the Jets offer.

I think that's wishful thinking, I never said he won't be here for game 1.

But if he ends up getting a deal like what was rumored, it would be obvious the Jets caved and not him, which is not what we are discussing here.

I don't know Matt, I see what you are saying but I don't see it that way. Plus, you aren't the most optimistic poster haha. If he progresses with statements like that maybe I'd say okay but to me he's still sticking by what he says.

Its just my interpretation...if Colishaw happens to be right I have zero problem eating crow. I hope I do. This situation is just entirely draining.

nope, he had a ring, and was a super star, and there were like 7 teams bidding for him

That's how it should be done. Gotta blame the Jets on this one though for opening their big mouths. Hubris has been a major weakness in some epic characters.. hopefully Revis isn't one of them. He should really be working with the team right now ala Mangold.

It's more than that though.

You're saying he has a line drawn in the sand, and once that times up he will sign the best deal the Jets offer.

I think that's wishful thinking, I never said he won't be here for game 1.

But if he ends up getting a deal like what was rumored, it would be obvious the Jets caved and not him, which is not what we are discussing here.

Man, I dont even know what were arguing about anymore haha I just want this sh*t to be overwith and him to be back on the field.

Under advisement of his agents!

lol Forget it man, I already know from reading these boards all the time you LOVE LOVE LOVE to argue and I'm just feeding into it. We can continue this if you'd like on Sept 13.

I don't love it but come on man, his agents are acting upon his behalf.

Whether they/he is bluffing or not, does not mean it was not said.

Archived