Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone read any of Cowlishaw's tweets the past couple hours? Looks like he found out his source(s) were not as reliable as he once thought. This thing is dead in the water... Oh well, I guess, hopefully he signs before the Ravens game at some point.

Yeah...told you Colishaw was backtracking.

Jay Glazer:

Ya'll know my style is to lay in the weeds until something real happens. There's been no mtgs, no new talks in last couple days, status quo

On revis, when there's news to report I'll get it out there to ya'll. There's simply been no news.

Yeah...told you Colishaw was backtracking.

Jay Glazer:

He's not backtracking...And he certainly wasn't in the tweet you were originally referring to...But since he has tweeted that if he is proven wrong, he's prepared to accept full responsibility...That he has been in the dark the past couple hours, is no longer sure what's happening...Stuff like that. That tells me he found out some information that has him seriously doubting the source who gave him this info.

Can't say im that shocked...These 3rd party "sources" usually have a tendency to be wrong.

Anyone read any of Cowlishaw's tweets the past couple hours? Looks like he found out his source(s) were not as reliable as he once thought. This thing is dead in the water... Oh well, I guess, hopefully he signs before the Ravens game at some point.

he'll never live this down at round the horn, but he'll always be able to shut up marriotti :D

He's not backtracking...And he certainly wasn't in the tweet you were originally referring to...But since he has tweeted that if he is proven wrong, he's prepared to accept full responsibility...That he has been in the dark the past couple hours, is no longer sure what's happening...Stuff like that. That tells me he found out some information that has him seriously doubting the source who gave him this info.

Can't say im that shocked...These 3rd party "sources" usually have a tendency to be wrong.

his source was probably jetsrule

It went from "this person has never been wrong" to "if I am wrong."

That's definitely backtracking a bit. I could care less that he's back tracked, everyone does it....I just think its safe to say he's not nearly as confident as he was on Monday.

Whatever. You can't tell me that you can't sense a cloud of doubt around his tweets...

How weird would this sentence sound if you heard it 2 years ago?

On a more serious note, the longer this thing goes on the more unlikely it seems that something is going to happen. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic.

How weird would this sentence sound if you heard it 2 years ago?

On a more serious note, the longer this thing goes on the more unlikely it seems that something is going to happen. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic.

Doesnt seem like anyone is. Obviously Cowlishaw found out some info that has cast some serious doubt about the reliability of his source.

Doesnt seem like anyone is. Obviously Cowlishaw found out some info that has cast some serious doubt about the reliability of his source.

He said on Monday that he's used this source before and its super reliable.

I'm not worried about when he'll get signed. He will. I'm worried about what the deal looks like.

"Hello, Fidelity? Yes, I'd like to withdraw all of the funds from my 401k and close the account. Yes, I realize that I will lose nearly half of the money to penalties and taxes, but this message board poster informed me that we could all be hit by a meteor tomorrow, so **** it. His predictions are always spot-on, I think I should follow his advice."

it's not applicable to all situations. Winning a Super Bowl i think is an opportunity you can't pass up. Not paying Revis is tantamount to saying Mediocre is good enough. Cause I've seen the offense. Thanks. Unless Schotty has the hustle on (here's to hoping) it's gonna take an all time D to win the ring.

It went from "this person has never been wrong" to "if I am wrong."

That's definitely backtracking a bit. I could care less that he's back tracked, everyone does it....I just think its safe to say he's not nearly as confident as he was on Monday.

You could NOT care less.

Thank you.

Isn't HK week old stuff because they need to edit it first?

I read they wait up until wednesday afternoon to send the final cut to the folks who get it on the air

man, I could not sleep tuesday night knowing some courier had my career in his hands every wednesday :o

it's not applicable to all situations. Winning a Super Bowl i think is an opportunity you can't pass up. Not paying Revis is tantamount to saying Mediocre is good enough. Cause I've seen the offense. Thanks. Unless Schotty has the hustle on (here's to hoping) it's gonna take an all time D to win the ring.

Even with Revis the offense has to be better, the Colts aren't suddenly going to forget how to score. Rex Ryan has never been able to figure out how to stop Peyton Manning. He's the only QB that routinely tears Ryan defenses apart. Fortunately, at least, nobody else can figure out what Peyton is doing. The Jets had a better shot against the Saints last year than the Colts, but could not beat the Colts.

Hopefully this offense does get better. 2nd year is still really early for a new QB, usually they, like WRs, really put it together their 3rd years, sometimes even after that. Drew Brees didn't really become great until he went to the Saints, the year before that he was solid for the Chargers but it was only a 3500 yard season. That's actually more than enough if Sanchez can get that on this team. Still, that was Brees' 4th or 5th year.

A lot of people are high on Stafford this year. I think Sanchez can put up better stats though, and definitely more wins.

Why would he argue with them? This is my opinion of what I believe is going on behind the scenes.

Agent: "Darrelle we believe we can get you this crazy contract. Give us until such and such a date to do our thing. They know your uncle held out for a year we can use that to our advantage. Worst case scenario we'll get you a better contract and if by Sept 13 we don't have what we want step in and be the good guy who takes less than expected"

Why argue with that? It's a win/win situation. Then things got sticky, Woody and Tannenbaum started bashing him....what happens next? Media Blackout! Because Revis started getting nervous about his image. Could I be way way off base? Hell yes I definitely could but this is what I believe.

You can believe what you want, but just because you believe that does not mean everybody else has to take everything that gets said and make it irrelevant.

I have no problem with what you believe, but you have a problem with me taking what was said at it's word.

Regardless if it's a ploy or not, it still got said. I brought that up and because you believe what you believe, you act like none of it matters.

Well it does matter, and regardless of how this thing ends, what got said, got said.

Drew Brees didn't really become great until he went to the Saints, the year before that he was solid for the Chargers but it was only a 3500 yard season. That's actually more than enough if Sanchez can get that on this team. Still, that was Brees' 4th or 5th year.

Haha! I hope that's enough!

The Jets haven't had a QB throw for over 3500 yards since Vinny Testaverde in 2000. Before that, you'd have to go all the way back to Kenny O'Brien's heyday.

The Jets haven't had a 4000 yard passer since Joe Namath was the first NFL QB to throw for 4000 yards.

Sure be nice if Sanchez answers that call.

I think they basically say "you are the best you deserve to be paid the highest". That means more money to him and more for them. More for them. More for them. Somebody will pay. More for them.

Exactly.

OK, so lets not pretend that Revis really does not want that. They work for him, they are doing what he wants them to do.

They are not getting anything to reporters, that Revis does not want them to.

Haha! I hope that's enough!

The Jets haven't had a QB throw for over 3500 yards since Vinny Testaverde in 2000. Before that, you'd have to go all the way back to Kenny O'Brien's heyday.

The Jets haven't had a 4000 yard passer since Joe Namath was the first NFL QB to throw for 4000 yards.

Sure be nice if Sanchez answers that call.

I was thinking on the way back from work today...when was the last time the Jets could actually throw the ball down the middle of the field consistently. Its amazing its been that long. The entire 2000's was some boring football on offense.

So you would not do it with the things involved in your life, but it's good advice for someone else's. :blink:

Archived