Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be worse if he pulled a Pete Kendall pt 2. Go to TC to avoid the fines but cause a complete ruckus in the locker room and press... At least give him props for not being there and keeping his mouth shut.

Loud dickhead, quiet dickhead.

Still a dickhead.

If you didn't then why are you responding to him?

cause he/she was directing his/her comment towards me. replying to his/her comment doesnt mean i care for his/her opinion.

and i wanted to say

"your site sucks WAHHHHHHH WAAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH"

why do people even bother to whine about other people whining? lol.

I came to conclusion. **** Darrelle Revis. I ******* hate him. He doesn't want be part of this defense? That's his loss. Will his pressence help? Hell yeah. Are we desperate? Hell no. Not with Rex Ryan on this team. His level of greed has reached a level where it's pretty much time to give up on the guy. Mevi$ is done to me. I will BOO the living sh*t out of the guy IF he ever wears a Jet uniform.

I came to conclusion. **** Darrelle Revis. I ******* hate him. He doesn't want be part of this defense? That's his loss. Will his pressence help? Hell yeah. Are we desperate? Hell no. Not with Rex Ryan on this team. His level of greed has reached a level where it's pretty much time to give up on the guy. Mevi$ is done to me. I will BOO the living sh*t out of the guy IF he ever wears a Jet uniform.

+1

hahahahahahaha

This thread has turned into a PMS zone.

Guys, he'll be beck. Just relax. There's no way the Jets open their new building without their best player in a longggggggggggggggg time.

Just be easy already.

Sweet merciful crap.

It'd be worse if he pulled a Pete Kendall pt 2. Go to TC to avoid the fines but cause a complete ruckus in the locker room and press... At least give him props for not being there and keeping his mouth shut.

did kendall ever fake an injury and give the impression that the rules didn't apply to him?

I felt like this 3 weeks ago for day 1 of this hold out. I eased up on him for a while, but I'm slowly getting back there.

I mean its gotta be possible to win a Superbowl without Darrelle Revis right? It must have been done before right?

That would be worse, but he want's to be paid like the best captains in the game.

He should be there like Mangold was!

I agree. Loyalty is very important.

I agree. Loyalty is very important.

Revis very loyal. In his own words, didnt you hear him say that he's fighting for family. that's family loyalty right there.

how many families can live off what the jets offered him??? i know my family cant. my family needs at least $16 million dollars a year.

Revis very loyal. In his own words, didnt you hear him say that he's fighting for family. that's family loyalty right there.

how many families can live off what the jets offered him??? i know my family cant. my family needs at least $16 million dollars a year.

Swing and a miss.

I like the way you think. Mevi$ is the reason guys dig holes out in the desert. The selfish %$# is dead to me.

I'll be honest, in my heart of hearts this is really how I feel too but I'm trying to supress these types of thoughts. Makes it hard to be a fan of anything imo. It really is depressing if you want to get right down to it. I agreed he should get a better contract but to do what he's doing is just wrong imo. and yeah I get it it's a business, This is sports today so deal with it blah blah, well I am and I do get it. It still feels ugly and wrong and it's still beyond frustrating as a fan. Of aaaall the ******* years to do this...

The smartest guy I know is a philosophy Ph.D., but an apprehension of "loyalty" so exacting it can be quantified to the last dollar leaves his stuff in the dust. Then again, JN's amateur ethicists are also the first people in line to commit character assassination when the loyalty matrices don't add up in their favor, so maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

The smartest guy I know is a philosophy Ph.D., but an apprehension of "loyalty" so exacting it can be quantified to the last dollar leaves his stuff in the dust. Then again, JN's amateur ethicists are also the first people in line to commit character assassination when the loyalty matrices don't add up in their favor, so maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

I think if people could live just a day in the life of any pro athlete their entire outlook would change.

We sit and watch, ice cold beer and delicious food and have a good a$$ time. Cause it's fun!

meanwhile those guys literally kill themselves on the field. Some slower than others. It's not all the Pitoitua snapping an achilles tendon either. (wonder how he feels right now. Pain in his leg is probably cake compared to the mental anguish).

forget philosophy for a second - the physics behind these impacts is astounding. 1000 psi is routine. 4000 psi is a decleater. 6000+ psi for an Eric Smith facebreaker hit on Anquan Boldin.

to survive more than 3 of these seasons is not common. To excel to the point to be a 2x all pro by 24 is super triple ******* asian flu rare.

Revis is the one guy who is good enough to stand up and say I deserve more and to the ownership... you need me more than I need you...

how do 90% of NYJ fans react? screw that guy i hate him. we dont need his interceptions on his back, we have a dude with 7 kids by 8 mamas. He'll shut up and play for whatever.

Im sorry but in the game of life I respect Darrelle Revis a great deal. he's a self made man, who has such intense diligence that it has translated into extraordinary skill. Once in a generation type skill set.

And Jets fans want to side with the dork who scooters his way down park ave.

I think if people could live just a day in the life of any pro athlete their entire outlook would change.

We sit and watch, ice cold beer and delicious food and have a good a$ time. Cause it's fun!

meanwhile those guys literally kill themselves on the field. Some slower than others. It's not all the Pitoitua snapping an achilles tendon either. (wonder how he feels right now. Pain in his leg is probably cake compared to the mental anguish).

forget philosophy for a second - the physics behind these impacts is astounding. 1000 psi is routine. 4000 psi is a decleater. 6000+ psi for an Eric Smith facebreaker hit on Anquan Boldin.

to survive more than 3 of these seasons is not common. To excel to the point to be a 2x all pro by 24 is super triple ******* asian flu rare.

Revis is the one guy who is good enough to stand up and say I deserve more and to the ownership... you need me more than I need you...

how do 90% of NYJ fans react? screw that guy i hate him. we dont need his interceptions on his back, we have a dude with 7 kids by 8 mamas. He'll shut up and play for whatever.

Im sorry but in the game of life I respect Darrelle Revis a great deal. he's a self made man, who has such intense diligence that it has translated into extraordinary skill. Once in a generation type skill set.

1) Revis does not endure 20x the pain that someone who makes $750K does. So the amount of pain he endures or does not endure is irrelevant unless your position is that every player should get $15M per season..

2) These guys do not literally kill themselves. They kill themselves figuratively . If they literally killed themselves they would be dead.

We sit and watch, ice cold beer and delicious food and have a good a$$ time. Cause it's fun!

Give it a rest, this is why they make millions. Nobody gives a sh*t how hard it is. He should make more money, I agree. I'm pretty sure they offered him a lot more money. Is is a stupid Al Davis contract? No. But I'm sure it's double degit millions and I'm sure it's probably #2 in CB salary being offered. Or very close to it. Stop trying so hard to be the conscience of the player. And for the record I'm not on either side. I'm on the side that gives the Jets a chance for a Super Bowl ring. This whole thing sucks and is just so ******* typical.

They play a ******* game. A game they supposedly love and they make anywhere from 10x to 100x the money that an average citizen makes in a year.

And if they are fortunate enough to make a career out of it, they retire by the time they are 35 years old with enough money to never work again. They get to live the life of luxury for playing a sport that has zero impact on society whatsoever.

I dont feel sorry for them at all. Nobody is forcing them to play professional football and I think if 75% of the male population in the country had the chance, they'd trade spots with them in a heart beat.

Give it a rest, this is why they make millions. Nobody gives a sh*t how hard it is. He should make more money, I agree. I'm pretty sure they offered him a lot more money. Is is a stupid Al Davis contract? No. But I'm sure it's double degit millions and I'm sure it's probably #2 in CB salary being offered. Or very close to it. Stop trying so hard to be the conscience of the player. And for the record I'm not on either side. I'm on the side that gives the Jets a chance for a Super Bowl ring. This whole thing sucks and is just so ******* typical.

Pretty much. I'm not on either side, I just hate Mevi$ for doing this to us in our best chance at a SB run since 98/99. I dont blame him for wanting money, I understand this is business, but IMO he is putting himself above the team and really blowing something that could be legendary.

Remind me to use my negative rep on Bit tomorrow. I already used it today on you. :P

Archived