Notification Issues.

What up Max.

Something that I found weird with the notification box is that when someone responds to a quote of yours and you click on the notification drop down box and then, instead of it forwarding you to the response, it forwards you to your "original" quote that was responded to. You then have to search for the response that you were initially notified of. So if your original quote was on page 5 of a particular thread and the response is on page 10 then when you get the notification it'll send you to the original quote that was responded to on page 5 and you have to go through page by page until you get to page 10 where the response was located. That tends to take away from the full range ability of the notification drop down box because it is a great feature when you think about it.

Also, the great thing about the notification box is that it tells you how many new things are there for you to check out. The problem is this, when you open up the drop down box and you have 8 new notifications for example, and you check out the first one the notifications then go down to "0" instead of "7". That wouldnt be much of a problem if when you went back to the notifcation box and the ones that you didnt click on remained highlighted or bolded but they dont. So there's a good possibility of you'll miss a msg or two simply because the notification box no longer tells how many unread quotes or messages you have left, but more importantly they all "un-bold" themselves so they look as if you reviewed that info. You ultimately end up double clicking on a message that you already checked out just to make sure that you didnt miss anything, and whats worse is that if that message is a response to a quote and you then have to search for the response because the noification box directs you to your quote and not the responders it gets tad frustrating after a while.

Could you look into that Max. Thanks bud.

What up Max.

Something that I found weird with the notification box is that when someone responds to a quote of yours and you click on the notification drop down box and then, instead of it forwarding you to the response, it forwards you to your "original" quote that was responded to. You then have to search for the response that you were initially notified of. So if your original quote was on page 5 of a particular thread and the response is on page 10 then when you get the notification it'll send you to the original quote that was responded to on page 5 and you have to go through page by page until you get to page 10 where the response was located. That tends to take away from the full range ability of the notification drop down box because it is a great feature when you think about it.

Also, the great thing about the notification box is that it tells you how many new things are there for you to check out. The problem is this, when you open up the drop down box and you have 8 new notifications for example, and you check out the first one the notifications then go down to "0" instead of "7". That wouldnt be much of a problem if when you went back to the notifcation box and the ones that you didnt click on remained highlighted or bolded but they dont. So there's a good possibility of you'll miss a msg or two simply because the notification box no longer tells how many unread quotes or messages you have left, but more importantly they all "un-bold" themselves so they look as if you reviewed that info. You ultimately end up double clicking on a message that you already checked out just to make sure that you didnt miss anything, and whats worse is that if that message is a response to a quote and you then have to search for the response because the noification box directs you to your quote and not the responders it gets tad frustrating after a while.

Could you look into that Max. Thanks bud.

I actually realized what I was clicking on "Post I made" instead of "quoted". Didnt realize that those were options lol.

"You ultimately end up double clicking on a message that you already checked out just to make sure that you didnt miss anything, and whats worse is that if that message is a response to a quote and you then have to search for the response because the noification box directs you to your quote and not the responders it gets tad frustrating after a while."

Hey Max--this new system has some bugs in figuring out run-on sentences. Any fixes in the works?

:P

Glad you figured it out Villan. I was doing the same thing myself originally as well.

What did you think about my second part regarding the bolding/unbolding of msgs that you havent checked yet? Being away for a day or two could mean you having like 10-15 different responses (as you can see, im quite the popular one lol) and just checking one will make your notifications go to 0 and the others unbold.

I know that its a bit redundant but computers are supposed to make life easy, and I'll be damned if I sit back and let convienience go to waste here 8-)

What did you think about my second part regarding the bolding/unbolding of msgs that you havent checked yet? Being away for a day or two could mean you having like 10-15 different responses (as you can see, im quite the popular one lol) and just checking one will make your notifications go to 0 and the others unbold.

I know that its a bit redundant but computers are supposed to make life easy, and I'll be damned if I sit back and let convienience go to waste here 8-)

I am not sure what are options are for that but I will look into it...thanks.

"You ultimately end up double clicking on a message that you already checked out just to make sure that you didnt miss anything, and whats worse is that if that message is a response to a quote and you then have to search for the response because the noification box directs you to your quote and not the responders it gets tad frustrating after a while."

Hey Max--this new system has some bugs in figuring out run-on sentences. Any fixes in the works?

:P

Thats a damn shame aint it? F'ing community colleges :lol:

Archived