Woody says NO to Mevi$

Kentucky Jet

with all due respect,some of those "crappy draft picks"turned into players like mangold,revis,harris,brick,sanchez,greene,and keller.with some exceptions(gholston and clemens)tanny and clinksdale have proven to do "damage" in the draft

Ok so trading Revis now for some lame picks next year that MAY or MAY NOT pan out when we MAY or MAY NOT have football is smart?

We'd just be making another team exponentially better this year.

We are trying to win the Superbowl are we not?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so trading Revis now for some lame picks next year that MAY or MAY NOT pan out when we MAY or MAY NOT have football is smart?

They would not trade him this year.

there is no win/win in this situation.there will be no long term extention.period.both sides are dug in.i beleive there is no changing that.however,to get revis into camp with a short term solution will benefit both sides.the jets get their best player on the field for their super bowl run,and revis gets to play football and increase his value next season(again,benefiting the jets in trade value)now if that doesnt pan out,what has better value to the jets as a team?a player sitting on their lazy boy for the year or draft picks/players who can pick up for revis' slack?whats the difference between revis or draft picks next year if there is no football?

)

They would not trade him this year.

as we all know,if revis sits out the year,he will not be a jet in 2011.period.whats the harm in putting him on the trading block this year,if revis IS going to sit out the year?the jets could get a serious offer for him.if they dont,he sits anyway and goes on the block next year

as we all know,if revis sits out the year,he will not be a jet in 2011.period.whats the harm in putting him on the trading block this year,if revis IS going to sit out the year?the jets could get a serious offer for him.if they dont,he sits anyway and goes on the block next year

Because there is no way of knowing if he will actually sit out the whole year.

He can change his mind, circumstances can change, there are too many variables in this thing.

IMO, they would not risk trading him till next year.

Of course if the right deal comes up, anything can happen.

Can you imagine the precedent that would set? It's not going to work. Every player will want guaranteed money. A player could beat his wife, do drugs, not pay child support, kill somebody go to jail, wind up a cripple in a motorcycle accident, and if you cut him you still pay him for the life of the contract.

I think it is a great precedent. If you are 24 years old, the best player at your position with the potential to be the best of all time, have never missed a game, or had a single off the field issue and are a great teammate, you deserve a guaranteed contract.

Let's see - how many other players in the NFL would fall into that category? Uh ... none. So when someone else asks for it, ask them to compare themselves to Revis.

OK, while shouting out people he knew who were gang members was a poor choice of tweets...

I said outside of twitter, I don't recall him doing anything "thug turd."

Do you?

I actually consider Liberty City too dangerous to find out.

I think it is a great precedent. If you are 24 years old, the best player at your position with the potential to be the best of all time, have never missed a game, or had a single off the field issue and are a great teammate, you deserve a guaranteed contract.

Let's see - how many other players in the NFL would fall into that category? Uh ... none. So when someone else asks for it, ask them to compare themselves to Revis.

I don't know how familiar you are with collective bargaining agreements, but it's one size fits all. You can't reward the exceptionally well behaved or more talented worker over a complete piece of sh*t.

Like I said before, it would set a precedent and the first player a team denied a guaranteed contract, no matter how legitimate their case, the NFPLA would sue.

with the exception of the best player at his position,you just described 50% of the nfl

In all seriousness, what would your response to Nick Mangold be when he stepped up and said he felt he was all of those things as well, and has actually been considered the best player at his position for longer than Revis. He's probably more of a consensus as the best than Revis as well.

This to me is a clear sign that if Revis can get the money from another team and the Jets can get value he will be dealt.

He didn't say Revis will not be playing football he said he doubts he will be playing for the Jets in 2010.

Interesting, but only if Woody fed him the question before it was asked. That was the question, not the answer. He didn't say "not with the Jets" as opposed to "not with anyone" in his answer. He only answered the question as asked. But for an exclusive scoop interview, it's possible the question was fed to the interviewer, worded just that way, in advance.

I am getting about as sick of this as the rest of you. I don't really post of here too often but I do check the forum daily and read the messages, etc. but I had to comment on this situation. Lets just say Revis holds out the entire year and there is no football in 2011. No one is going to pay him 16 million a year after being away from the game for 2 years. The Jets could trade him (I do not think this will happen though). So lets say he gets traded away, Mike T will not trade him to any team that they might have to see in the playoffs or the Superbowl. So if Darelle wants to be on lets say the Bucs and make his 16 million a year and never see the Superbowl, then he is dumber than I thought. He is on a team that has a chance to go to the Superbowl. These opportunities do not come along too often.

On the other hand, how much is the Superbowl worth to the Jets. If they would bump up his salary to 10 million this year and he would show up and we win the Superbowl. Was that extra 9 million worth it? I mean you get to sell Superbowl Merchandise when you win the game. I am sure that will bring in quite a few million. You do not get to sell merch if you do not win anything. Also on Darelle's aspect, if he is on a Superbowl team, then the money he can get off of endorsements will surely make up for it. He isn't getting any endorsement money if he is the best defensive player on a garbage team. How many Nnamdi Asomugha commercials are there? NONE. Both sides are flawed in their arguments and need to each give a little to get this done. Revis needs to give up his 16 million a year figure and the Jets need to give up some on the guarantee money. They both need each other too much. I am having a hard time thinking that after the Jets made very calculated moves this off season, they will blow it by not having Revis here. Revis also needs to realize that he could win a ring which is should be what every player plays this game for. I think he will be here for opening night and if he is not then both sides will lose a considerable amount of respect in my eyes.

I am getting about as sick of this as the rest of you. I don't really post of here too often but I do check the forum daily and read the messages, etc. but I had to comment on this situation. Lets just say Revis holds out the entire year and there is no football in 2011. No one is going to pay him 16 million a year after being away from the game for 2 years. The Jets could trade him (I do not think this will happen though). So lets say he gets traded away, Mike T will not trade him to any team that they might have to see in the playoffs or the Superbowl. So if Darelle wants to be on lets say the Bucs and make his 16 million a year and never see the Superbowl, then he is dumber than I thought. He is on a team that has a chance to go to the Superbowl. These opportunities do not come along too often.

On the other hand, how much is the Superbowl worth to the Jets. If they would bump up his salary to 10 million this year and he would show up and we win the Superbowl. Was that extra 9 million worth it? I mean you get to sell Superbowl Merchandise when you win the game. I am sure that will bring in quite a few million. You do not get to sell merch if you do not win anything. Also on Darelle's aspect, if he is on a Superbowl team, then the money he can get off of endorsements will surely make up for it. He isn't getting any endorsement money if he is the best defensive player on a garbage team. How many Nnamdi Asomugha commercials are there? NONE. Both sides are flawed in their arguments and need to each give a little to get this done. Revis needs to give up his 16 million a year figure and the Jets need to give up some on the guarantee money. They both need each other too much. I am having a hard time thinking that after the Jets made very calculated moves this off season, they will blow it by not having Revis here. Revis also needs to realize that he could win a ring which is should be what every player plays this game for. I think he will be here for opening night and if he is not then both sides will lose a considerable amount of respect in my eyes.

this is a great even handed post and we all hope Revis does show up before week 1... however it gets resolved...

to be sure Revis wants a ring but he doesn't want to end up like Leon either. another poster has said He has negotiated like he plays, which is unrelenting.

but when the ownership goes on ESPN and says it's not happening... then it's not really looking likely. Its turning into a car crash and we haven't even seen preseason game 1

this is a great even handed post and we all hope Revis does show up before week 1... however it gets resolved...

to be sure Revis wants a ring but he doesn't want to end up like Leon either. another poster has said He has negotiated like he plays, which is unrelenting.

but when the ownership goes on ESPN and says it's not happening... then it's not really looking likely. Its turning into a car crash and we haven't even seen preseason game 1

It's called "posturing".

It occurs during all negotiations ... by both sides.

Unfortunately, most negotiations have to go to the final deadline before they get done.

I'm confident a deal will get done before week 1.

It's just a matter of how much more Mevis will get.

Archived