Is Revis acting selfishly?

JetsFan34

Did anyone notice that Revis' agent stated that the Jets did not offer a single dollar in guaranteed money "in writing"? It sure sounds like the Jets have talked about it, doesn't it.

Also, Tanny mentioned that for 15 years of contract negotiations, the fundamental thing has been to agree first on total compensation, and then settle on the ancillary stuff (i.e., signing bonuses, incentives, etc.). There seems to be a major difference in total compensation between Revis and the Jets in that Revis seems to be obsessed in being the highest paid CB.

Revis is behaving selfishly. The Jets are willing to pay him more money than his contract calls for --there is no argument there, since they've approached him in the first place.

Revis doesn't seem to care about the Jets being able to sign Mangold, Harris, Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes next year. One player doesn't make a team.

Am I missing something here?

Did anyone notice that Revis' agent stated that the Jets did not offer a single dollar in guaranteed money "in writing"? It sure sounds like the Jets have talked about it, doesn't it.

Also, Tanny mentioned that for 15 years of contract negotiations, the fundamental thing has been to agree first on total compensation, and then settle on the ancillary stuff (i.e., signing bonuses, incentives, etc.). There seems to be a major difference in total compensation between Revis and the Jets in that Revis seems to be obsessed in being the highest paid CB.

Revis is behaving selfishly. The Jets are willing to pay him more money than his contract calls for --there is no argument there, since they've approached him in the first place.

Revis doesn't seem to care about the Jets being able to sign Mangold, Harris, Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes next year. One player doesn't make a team.

Am I missing something here?

What's wrong with you, don't you want to win the SUPER BOWL?!

LMAO

Of course he's acting selfishly, it's not like he's doing this for his local boy scout troupe. Am I missing the point here??

wow.16 active threads involving revis on the front page alone.that has got to be some kinda jet nation record,no?

Revis wants $16 mil a year on a 6 or 7 yr deal which would mean $96 or $112 million package.

Jets will not give him that and Revis has not budged.

So, Revis is not selfish for wanting an extension, but he is selfish for insisting on $16 mil per.

Archived