Expert Sides With Henne Over Sanchez

crashingjet

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is your first warning. PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THE BOARD WITH NON_MEVIS THREADS. Thank you.

Haha, too funny.

Congrats on your MOD status, Crusher.

You look different, have you lost a few pounds? Something different with your hair perhaps? Whatever it is, it looks good, Buddy.

Some experts though Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton Manning too.. just saying.

32 experts passed on Tom Brady 5 times, and most 6, just saying.

And Marino fell behind guys like Kenny O'Brien...wait a minute...oh crap

Beautiful - you can have/keep the Michigan bone smoker. He can be 5 times better than Sanchez and it won't matter as we run the ball down your throats and connect on a few select pass plays. Then when you have the ball ... Henne won't perform real well on his back. I'm real happy with who we have - you keep the Chad & Chad show - it's a loser.

Get a clue kid, you got beat twice by Henne.

For the most part I try and stay out of these conversations because they are pretty pointless. Neither QB really shinned in their last three games. Out of the two though Henne was asked to do more and played better during that stretch. Yes I know who won and lost their games but in both cases it had very little to do with their individual performances.

Henne:

Week 15: 29 of 46 for 346 Yds, 63.0% 1 TD 3 INT Rating 66.3

Week 16: 35 of 55 for 322 Yds, 63.6% 1 TD 1 INT Rating 78.0

Week 17: 24 of 36 for 322 Yds, 80.0% 1 TD 1 INT Rating 91.7

Sanchez:

Week 15: 18 of 32 for 226 Yds, 56.3% 1 TD 3 INT Rating 49.7

Week 16: 12 of 19 for 106 Yds, 63.2% 0 TD 0 INT Rating 78.0

Week 17: 8 of 16 for 63 Yds, 50.0% 0 TD 0 INT Rating 60.2

This isn't any way meant to say who I think is going to be the better QB this year or in the future. For that we are going to need to sit back and let this play itself out for a few years at the least. For now though it is fun to talk about and discuss.

Using just the last three games of the regular season is pathetically selective. Henne and the Dolphin's slide started in week 12 with Henne's G-d awful performance in the Dolphins 31-14 loss to Buffalo.

10-29 119yds 0 TD 5 INT 8.3 QB RTG thats god awful.

I never said it wasn't. Sanchez was terrible that game. He was also victimized by a horrifically stupid gameplan by his OC who insisted on throwing the ball 29 times in terrible weather when the Jets were running through the Bills defense like sh*t through a goose.

Using just the last three games of the regular season is pathetically selective. Henne and the Dolphin's slide started in week 12 with Henne's G-d awful performance in the Dolphins 31-14 loss to Buffalo.

Please go back and re-read what I quoted and set to bold in my thread. My post was in response to it. Nothing more.

But if you want to compare how each did against Buffalo here goes.

Henne Wk 12| 17 of 31 for 175 Yrds| 1 TD 3 Int| Rating 42.5

Sanchez Wk 6|10 of 29 for 119 Yrds| 0 Tds 5 Int| Rating 8.3

I never said it wasn't. Sanchez was terrible that game. He was also victimized by a horrifically stupid gameplan by his OC who insisted on throwing the ball 29 times in terrible weather when the Jets were running through the Bills defense like sh*t through a goose.

Dude it may or may not have been a good game plan but seriously dude you can't blame an OC for throwing those picks. That's on your QB.

Neither QB really shinned in their last three games.

Sanchez:

There is an error in your post.... Sanchez's last 3 games took places in Weeks 18, 19, and 20.

Dude it may or may not have been a good game plan but seriously dude you can't blame an OC for throwing those picks. That's on your QB.

If you had watched the game and had any kind of a clue what you were watching, the last two picks can be blamed on the OC because there was absolutely no reason to be throwing the ball in those situations, none whatsoever.

If you had watched the game and had any kind of a clue what you were watching, the last two picks can be blamed on the OC because there was absolutely no reason to be throwing the ball in those situations, none whatsoever.

Like the play call or hate the play call the decision to throw the ball in the end always rests with the QB.

Again re-read the post I quoted. The reference was to the last 3 regular season games.

Perhaps that's what you intended to say, but it is clearly written as "their last 3 games".

I understand that your team hasn't won 2 playoff games in a season in over 25 years, but the 3 playoff games Mark Sanchez played in count as his "last 3 games".

Perhaps that's what you intended to say, but it is clearly written as "their last 3 games".

I understand that your team hasn't won 2 playoff games in a season in over 25 years, but the 3 playoff games Mark Sanchez played in count as his "last 3 games".

No sh*t? Could have sworn they were recently undefeated.

Again re-read the post I quoted. The reference was to the last 3 regular season games.

Which were selected because you chose to ignore that the Dolphins slide began three weeks earlier when Henne sh*t the bed against Buffalo.

Whatever dude. Live with whatever delusional fantasy you want, the fact remains that both the Jets and Dolphins had first year starters last year, one who was in his second year in the NFL after starting for four years in college and one who was a rookie with only 16 college starts to his credit. They both threw more picks than TDs and one led his team to victories down the stretch and made the postseason and then played his best football when it counted most by leading his team to a halftime lead in the AFC Championship Game as a rookie while the other played his worst football of the season in leading his once division leading team to a 2-4 record down the stretch and missed the playoffs.

Spin it however you want to spin it, what Sanchez did last year IN THE PLAYOFFS completely trumps Henne's underwhelming 7-6 record as a starter (7-7 overall) which included a pathetic 2-4 finish.

For the most part I try and stay out of these conversations because they are pretty pointless. Neither QB really shinned in their last three games. Out of the two though Henne was asked to do more and played better during that stretch. Yes I know who won and lost their games but in both cases it had very little to do with their individual performances.

Henne:

Week 15: 29 of 46 for 346 Yds, 63.0% 1 TD 3 INT Rating 66.3

Week 16: 35 of 55 for 322 Yds, 63.6% 1 TD 1 INT Rating 78.0

Week 17: 24 of 36 for 322 Yds, 80.0% 1 TD 1 INT Rating 91.7

Sanchez:

This isn't any way meant to say who I think is going to be the better QB this year or in the future. For that we are going to need to sit back and let this play itself out for a few years at the least. For now though it is fun to talk about and discuss.

Then what week was it that Henne was on the sidelines after halftime in a baseball cap against the Steelers after getting poked in the eye only to see Pat White get absolutely demolished and concussed on the far sideline? I guess that must have been week 18. Do they play eighteen yet? Wow, 24 of 36 in that game for 322 yards, he was awesome!

Johnny,

I'm going to quote again the line in his post that I was replying to. Night Stalker had mentioned how down the regular season stretch that Henne some how let the team down and was out played by Sanchez. I posted the stats of the final three games for both QB's as a comparison.

yet still crumbled in crunch time when the Dolphins were in the playoff hunt.

Which were selected because you chose to ignore that the Dolphins slide began three weeks earlier when Henne sh*t the bed against Buffalo.

No Klecko, I mentioned those three games because those are crunch time games we lost while still in the Playoff hunt. Seriously dude I'm beginning to think you where thumped on the soft spot repeatedly as a child.

Then what week was it that Henne was on the sidelines after halftime in a baseball cap against the Steelers after getting poked in the eye only to see Pat White get absolutely demolished and concussed on the far sideline? I guess that must have been week 18. Do they play eighteen yet? Wow, 24 of 36 in that game for 322 yards, he was awesome!

Good catch but he still had good stats.

Henne: 16 of 20 for 140 80.0% Rating 91.7

Thanks. I like Chad Henne a lot. I think comparisons are useless and best left to baseball fans.

I agree and why even in my post I said we are going to need to let the next couple of years play themselves out before we get our answer and even then the water may still be a bit muddy. :lol:

Get a clue kid, you got beat twice by Henne.

At least you have those 2 wins to be so proud of, I'll take the two we had in the playoffs any day.

You remember what a playoff win is like don't you?

Maybe not, it's been a while and since all you talk about is beating the Jets in the regular season, I guess not.

Hey it's not your fault, last decade is a long time ago and you'll have to go back like 25 years to remember 2 in the same year. :rl:

:confused:.......ok now back to football. Just have that excuse machine cranked up come week 3 potna!

LOL - you understand the reference and it isn't sexual. We won't be needing or using any excuses ... likely for the foreseeable future

Archived