Hispanic Heritage night...dolphin game...

NIGHT STALKER

Get this, I have lived in South Florida for 40 years. That's a long time. In that time the majority of English speaking population have fled to northern Florida...why do you think that is? Because it's Hispanic Heritage every ******* day...this has nothing to do with one night...live it or don't even comment on it...because you're speaking from an ignorant point of view.

The only one that sounds ignorant here is you.

$hitting on an entire ethnic group and typing angrily on your computer won't change the fact that the Hispanics are here to stay. They buy tickets just like other races do. Either get used to it or move somewhere else where the people won't offend you by speaking to you in their language. <_<

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point, as Garb eludes too, is that while Hispanics may be a large portion of the demographic in your area, they do not represent a large portion of the demographic of NFL fans. Hispanic people have money to spend as well, and it would be foolish of the NFL not to try to bring some of those dollars into football.

That is ALL it is about.

EY, you're a bright guy. Let me ask you this. Using your logic, do you think more Hispanics are into football or baseball? Because they sure as hell don't have Hispanic night when the Marlins play and they have a ton of hispanics playing on their team as do other teams in MLB. No, I think this has to do with the fins owner Ross who has sold a minority ownership to the likes of J Lo, Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, etc.

The only one that sounds ignorant here is you.

$hitting on an entire ethnic group and typing angrily on your computer won't change the fact that the Hispanics are here to stay. They buy tickets just like other races do. Either get used to it or move somewhere else where the people won't offend you by speaking to you in their language. <_<

Christ, I have shared my blood with hispanics, blacks, whites, reds, etc., on the battlefield...nothing to do with being prejudiced...if you knew me, you would know that.

EY, you're a bright guy. Let me ask you this. Using your logic, do you think more Hispanics are into football or baseball? Because they sure as hell don't have Hispanic night when the Marlins play and they have a ton of hispanics playing on their team as do other teams in MLB. No, I think this has to do with the fins owner Ross who has sold a minority ownership to the likes of J Lo, Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, etc.

With respect...

September 18th, 2010 - Cubs @ Marlins - Hispanic Heritage Night - First 10,000 receive a Marlin's Latin Cowbell (actually quite curious what a Latin Cowbell is)

Additionally, every Friday home game is 'Jiffy Lube Fiesta Friday' which may or may not be Hispanic related...

With respect...

September 18th, 2010 - Cubs @ Marlins - Hispanic Heritage Night - First 10,000 receive a Marlin's Latin Cowbell (actually quite curious what a Latin Cowbell is)

Additionally, every Friday home game is 'Jiffy Lube Fiesta Friday' which may or may not be Hispanic related...

As soon as I posted that, I knew you would look it up...in all honesty, I had no idea they had Hispanic night...two points for you. :)

Christ, I have shared my blood with hispanics, blacks, whites, reds, etc., on the battlefield...nothing to do with being prejudiced...if you knew me, you would know that.

I never said u were a racist, I said your opinions may come off as prejudicial to some.

At the end of the day, NFL execs only care about 1 color and thats green-- green green money.

If it means having a night where they celebrate the culture of the largest minority populous in the city the franchise is located in of course they're gonna do it. I dont think it's that big a deal--you're a JETS fan what do you care what kind of horse and pony show they put on in their stadium. Go for the game not for the festivities surrounding the game.

I never said u were a racist, I said your opinions may come off as prejudicial to some.

At the end of the day, NFL execs only care about 1 color and thats green-- green green money.

If it means having a night where they celebrate the culture of the largest minority populous in the city the franchise is located in of course they're gonna do it. I dont think it's that big a deal--you're a JETS fan what do you care what kind of horse and pony show they put on in their stadium. Go for the game not for the festivities surrounding the game.

DLJ, I like you...I like the energy you bring to this forum and I am sorry I disappointed you with this thread.

DLJ, I like you...I like the energy you bring to this forum and I am sorry I disappointed you with this thread.

I like you too-- and respect the hell out of you for being a war hero...but Im disappointed with you too in this thread. :)

I would rather see J-Lo myself - naked -

anyway S. Florida or Houston - all the same to me I have no issue with it -

But wasn't last years Monday night game also Hispanic Heritage night - so 2 years in a row for me.

ARIIIIIIIIIIIBA ----- COOOOCHI COOCHI

I would rather see J-Lo myself - naked -

anyway S. Florida or Houston - all the same to me I have no issue with it -

But wasn't last years Monday night game also Hispanic Heritage night - so 2 years in a row for me.

ARIIIIIIIIIIIBA ----- COOOOCHI COOCHI

Well, to each his own. There is a poster here that will remain nameless who attended that game last year and that was his last game there he has vowed. It also happened to be Columbus Day and was pissed that holiday was glossed over in favor of Hispanic night...hey, we all can't agree on everything...there would be nothing to fight over...peace would rule the land and that isn't happening in our lifetime sorry to say.

Are you kidding??? I wouldn't miss this beat down your phags will be taking that night no matter what your celebrity happy jerkoff owner is shelling out.

And by the way, stop by the Jet Nation tailgate...should be fun times.

Then suck it up and quit whining like a bitch.

There is a poster here that will remain nameless who attended that game last year and that was his last game there he has vowed. It also happened to be Columbus Day and was pissed that holiday was glossed over in favor of Hispanic night...

He really should've seen it as sort of a Columbus Day celebration, once removed. There'd be no Hispanic Heritage Day in this part of the world without good ol' Chris.

Dude there are a thousand things Im sensitive about-- bitching and moaning about some Hispanic Heritage night @ a football game @ an opposing teams stadium doesnt rank up there with..um..say...ending world hunger, gay rights or the war in Iraq. it's not that effing serious in the greater scope of things. Forgive me for not blowing a gasket.Its just one night, honoring a rich heritage, one shared by our very own quarterback.

I wish I knew how to use the search function, this is the second year in a row someone made a thread bitching and moaning about Hispanic Heritage night...srsly what's the problem here? Do you also have an issue with Black History Month? Thanksgiving? etc?

Whatever dude, you're entitled to your own opinions just know that those opinions may come off as prejudicial towards certain folk.

Im all for anything that allows us a day off and provides us with food. Thats why thanksgiving works. Its all about the food.

We need to have a day for celebrating African Americans and Hispanics so we may gorge ourselves on their delicious foods.

Other than that, special nights for certain groups is nothing more than a disgusting ploy to gain an audience and revenue, not for a real purpose of having them more accepted into society by us dirty white men.

Im all for anything that allows us a day off and provides us with food. Thats why thanksgiving works. Its all about the food.

We need to have a day for celebrating African Americans and Hispanics so we may gorge ourselves on their delicious foods.

Other than that, special nights for certain groups is nothing more than a disgusting ploy to gain an audience and revenue, not for a real purpose of having them more accepted into society by us dirty white men.

hey Imwith you, Im all for Holidays, any holidays. As long as I can sleep in and/or stuff myself stupid them Im fine with it. Jewish Holidays, Christian Holidays, Patriotic/Federal Holidays-- I dont care, I love em all.

It's good to be a white man in today's world-- let the minorities have their 1 day in the sun! :P

hey Imwith you, Im all for Holidays, any holidays. As long as I can sleep in and/or stuff myself stupid them Im fine with it. Jewish Holidays, Christian Holidays, Patriotic/Federal Holidays-- I dont care, I love em all.

It's good to be a white man in today's world-- let the minorities have their 1 day in the sun! :P

DLJ, I got it! We don't agree on this subject matter...can we agree to disagree on this one subject? Because I'm not going to change your mind and you sure as hell won't change mine. So, let's move on...deal?

Are you kidding? You haven't experienced racism until you've experienced reverse racism. Stuff is killer, man. I'm oppressed at every turn.

2 Things from reading this thread.

1) Night Stalker - I understand your frustration with the Latino culture and everything being Spanish down there. However, I think its a great opportunity for you to embrace a magnificent culture and maybe take up learning the language. We bitch in the States about all these other languages when really we should take the opportunity to educate ourselves further and learn another language. Not only will it help with the integration of different cultures to our country, but its just cool to know another language.

2) The real shame in these nights are that this not truly "celebrating" a heritage, its using a culture to make money and gain popularity to the game. Not that its a bad business decision, its actually very wise, but lets not make it seem that its anything more than a money making ploy.

I love me any holiday that gets me a day off and lots of food.

Actually its not good to be a white man these days. We cant stand up for ourselves when we feel we're being wronged. We get shouted down and told to shut up because we've had it so good for so long. sad.gif

Im all for harmony and respect and equality for all regardless of race/gender/religion/sexual orientation, but not when its shoved down people's throats and done at the expense of others. Inclusion of some should not come at the exclusion of others.

1) Night Stalker - I understand your frustration with the Latino culture and everything being Spanish down there. However, I think its a great opportunity for you to embrace a magnificent culture and maybe take up learning the language. We bitch in the States about all these other languages when really we should take the opportunity to educate ourselves further and learn another language. Not only will it help with the integration of different cultures to our country, but its just cool to know another language.

2) The real shame in these nights are that this not truly "celebrating" a heritage, its using a culture to make money and gain popularity to the game. Not that its a bad business decision, its actually very wise, but lets not make it seem that its anything more than a money making ploy.

Right on Both points

JiF buddy, by the time I pick up another language, I'll be in the bone orchard. I never even learned Italian from my grandparents. Let me give you an example. I've had hispanics come up to me and start speaking spanish and I tell them I don't speak spanish and they always reply with, that's okay I speak english...that's my problem. My problem. Not asking anyone to agree with me, but if you can speak english, why not try that first and then if I couldn't speak english, hit me with spanish. It just seems backwards to me in a country where english is still the main language taught in our school system.

I agree with #2.

I dont agree with #1 when it comes to language. While it is good to learn of other cultures (especially their food) my belief is for them to acclimate to our society, not us to theirs. I can live my life fine without ever venturing into their community. They will always struggle if they fail to learn english.

I agree with #2.

I dont agree with #1 when it comes to language. While it is good to learn of other cultures (especially their food) my belief is for them to acclimate to our society, not us to theirs. I can live my life fine without ever venturing into their community. They will always struggle if they fail to learn english.

I don't think i should be forced to learn Spanish or French or Chinese. If we want them to acclimate to us then we shouldnt have everything bi or tri lingual. Force them to learn English, not babysit them or facilitating them not having to learn English.

Maybe the federal govt should look into actually decreeing English as the Official LANGUAGE of the US. Until then we're just going to have to deal with it.

All this bravado and nationalistic mumbo jumbo..

The bottom line:

There wouldn't be a Texas today if the Alamo had a back door.

Wrong SJ...I checked on that personally several years ago when my old Army unit had a reunion in San Antonio. It does have a back door...problem is, it's bolted from the outside.

Archived