Hispanic Heritage night...dolphin game...

NIGHT STALKER

I've had hispanics come up to me and start speaking spanish and I tell them I don't speak spanish and they always reply with, that's okay I speak english...that's my problem. My problem. Not asking anyone to agree with me, but if you can speak english, why not try that first and then if I couldn't speak english, hit me with spanish.

You must be one of those Eye-talians that looks Puerto Rican.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think i should be forced to learn Spanish or French or Chinese. If we want them to acclimate to us then we shouldnt have everything bi or tri lingual. Force them to learn English, not babysit them or facilitating them not having to learn English.

Maybe the federal govt should look into actually decreeing English as the Official LANGUAGE of the US. Until then we're just going to have to deal with it.

politicians are part of the reason why we have a large group of people in this country and cant speak a word of the language.

JiF buddy, by the time I pick up another language, I'll be in the bone orchard. I never even learned Italian from my grandparents. Let me give you an example. I've had hispanics come up to me and start speaking spanish and I tell them I don't speak spanish and they always reply with, that's okay I speak english...that's my problem. My problem. Not asking anyone to agree with me, but if you can speak english, why not try that first and then if I couldn't speak english, hit me with spanish. It just seems backwards to me in a country where english is still the main language taught in our school system.

Ha, it doesnt take that long ;-)

Thats actually kind of a funny story. The thing is, and you probably notice this if you traveled in the forces...but most other countries know English. I travel quite a bit for surf and I've always noticed that...but I just think its an opportunity to become a more educated country to learn another language. Spanish making the most sense especially if you live is S. Fl. I get a kick out of learning it and trying to speak it when I visit Latino countries.

I agree with #2.

I dont agree with #1 when it comes to language. While it is good to learn of other cultures (especially their food) my belief is for them to acclimate to our society, not us to theirs. I can live my life fine without ever venturing into their community. They will always struggle if they fail to learn english.

I don't think i should be forced to learn Spanish or French or Chinese. If we want them to acclimate to us then we shouldnt have everything bi or tri lingual. Force them to learn English, not babysit them or facilitating them not having to learn English.

Maybe the federal govt should look into actually decreeing English as the Official LANGUAGE of the US. Until then we're just going to have to deal with it.

Now, dont get me wrong...I think they should most definitely learn English. But I think more Americans should use this as an opportunity to learn another language instead of bitching about it. Thats all. Become more educated. Its great for business and leisure. Obviously, spanish making sense since its the majority minority and all their countries are close by which we travel to often.

All PC aside here is the reality of it.

I have lived in South Florida since 1980. In 1985 I was desperate for a job. A friend of mine from NJ, who is in the same field as me had married a very politically connected Cuban woman, who was also his business partner, and was doing very, very well.

He had just gotten a very profitable local government project. We had worked together on a similar project in NJ. He called me and offered me a job . I accepted.

When I reported to work he called me into his office and told me he couldn’t hire me even though I was by far the most qualified person for the job. I wasn’t Cuban.

I was furious, but I learned something from it. I did 3 things none of which I wanted to do.

1) Opened my own company

2) Learned Spanish in about 6 months. I can’t really speak it clearly, but I can communicate.

3) Started playing golf again. I hate golf, but every one down here plays it like it is a religion.

I have done very well over the years.

What happened to me was pure racism. I could have just gotten hateful, but I decided to make money instead.

All PC aside here is the reality of it.

I have lived in South Florida since 1980. In 1985 I was desperate for a job. A friend of mine from NJ, who is in the same field as me had married a very politically connected Cuban woman, who was also his business partner, and was doing very, very well.

He had just gotten a very profitable local government project. We had worked together on a similar project in NJ. He called me and offered me a job . I accepted.

When I reported to work he called me into his office and told me he couldn’t hire me even though I was by far the most qualified person for the job. I wasn’t Cuban.

I was furious, but I learned something from it. I did 3 things none of which I wanted to do.

1) Opened my own company

2) Learned Spanish in about 6 months. I can’t really speak it clearly, but I can communicate.

3) Started playing golf again. I hate golf, but every one down here plays it like it is a religion.

I have done very well over the years.

What happened to me was pure racism. I could have just gotten hateful, but I decided to make money instead.

wtf?

I wouldve sued.

I agree. Problem though is liberal policy makers realize that non speaking citizens or illegal citizens (who hope to be amnestied) are more likely future Democratic voters. So they dont want to offend them with 'English only' laws.

Doesn’t work for White people

BS.

Racial discrimination is racial discrimination whether you're black, white green or pink.

If he told you you couldnt get the job because "usted no es cubano" you couldve sued his effin socks off.

Come to the game yourself bitch and you can tell me to quit whining to my face...Lot 14. See you there punk.

Your in trouble now. Gay boy will come with his "nice and kind friends" and slap you around with their

programs.

If anyone is quizzical about the quote marks, a few years ago in a discussion about what someone did with

their friends, Sweety came on and said that his nice and kind friends wouldn't do anything like that.

It just confirms what some think about this "guy".

Come to the game yourself bitch and you can tell me to quit whining to my face...Lot 14. See you there punk.

Ohh, big man talkin tough through the computer. Listen, don't worry about me, just worry about being able to squeeze into your favorite tube top by the time the game rolls around. Wanna make sure you look good for all the Jets fans.

hey Imwith you, Im all for Holidays, any holidays. As long as I can sleep in and/or stuff myself stupid them Im fine with it. Jewish Holidays, Christian Holidays, Patriotic/Federal Holidays-- I dont care, I love em all.

It's good to be a white man in today's world-- let the minorities have their 1 day in the sun! :P

It is estimated that about 2046, whites will be the minority in the U S.

Damn, I won't be around for White Heritage Day at the Meadowlands Stadium.

Ohh, big man talkin tough through the computer. Listen, don't worry about me, just worry about being able to squeeze into your favorite tube top by the time the game rolls around. Wanna make sure you look good for all the Jets fans.

He will wear his tube top and you wear your favorite skirt.

Im 2046 i'll be too old to give a sh*t what the minority or majority race of the population is. I'll be too busy in my flying car :P

Hopefully I'll still be kicking, watching on Dish Network from my Costa Rican retirement villa.

Dual citizenship or are you giving up your US papers?

I don't think you can give up your US citizenship, even if you want to. But I wouldn't want to.

with slave labor washin your clothes, cookin your meals and providing nightly 'happy endings'

Well not exactly slave labor. I'll be paying fair wages. But otherwise, yes.

Now, dont get me wrong...I think they should most definitely learn English. But I think more Americans should use this as an opportunity to learn another language instead of bitching about it. Thats all. Become more educated. Its great for business and leisure. Obviously, spanish making sense since its the majority minority and all their countries are close by which we travel to often.

bitching is a lot easier and takes up a lot less time.

Plus I learned to do that from my granola eatin, tree huggin liberal wackjobs at Umass. All they knew how to do was bitch and moan and complain. Solved nothing, but it made them feel better.

Well not exactly slave labor. I'll be paying fair wages. But otherwise, yes.

haha..

what if Conchita, your maid, says that her last employer said that she was a better maid than Rosalita. Rosalita as you may know , works for a senile old billionaire and is the highest paid maid in the area .

Conchita now wants a Peso more salary than Rosalita.

Decisions, decisions.

Remember, Conchita really knows how to make those 'endings happy'. But is she really that great a cook/undie washer?

wink.gif

haha..

what if Conchita, your maid, says that her last employer said that she was a better maid than Rosalita. Rosalita as you may know , works for a senile old billionaire and is the highest paid maid in the area .

Conchita now wants a Peso more salary than Rosalita.

Decisions, decisions.

Remember, Conchita really knows how to make those 'endings happy'. But is she really that great a cook/undie washer?

wink.gif

I feel dirty for laughing at this. Very, very dirty.

Archived