Thoughts From A Pats Fan

Maxman

I agree with everything Garb wrote except for the fear stuff. I don't fear the Jets just like 95% of Jets fans never feared the Pats.

I think the Pats are going to have a good season just like all of you think the Jets are going to have a great season.

This!

Saw the game last night. Jets #1's looked good. Sanchez looked pretty good. DB's looked good. Pass rush looked real good. The only thing that did not look good was Damien Woody. But it's pre-season, so who really cares? He'll be fine.

The one vulnerabilty I saw - and it's a common one - is the linebackers covering the outlet pass/slot receiver. Not saying the Pats will win either tilt against the Jets - but I can see another 100 yard reception yards by Edelman game two of this season.

Saw the game last night. Jets #1's looked good. Sanchez looked pretty good. DB's looked good. Pass rush looked real good. The only thing that did not look good was Damien Woody. But it's pre-season, so who really cares? He'll be fine.

The one vulnerabilty I saw - and it's a common one - is the linebackers covering the outlet pass/slot receiver. Not saying the Pats will win either tilt against the Jets - but I can see another 100 yard reception yards by Edelman game two of this season.

Guess who's craving more attention? :rolleyes:

:P

Reasonable assessment.

Curious if a non-jet fan also thinks McKnight looked awful and will never replace Leon W. ?

Also, agree what you say about Edleman.

Do you think Edelman will do as well as Welker has in the past? (he looks damn good)

If yes, is it the scheme or did Pats get lucky twice trading for and then drafting for these guys?

Reasonable assessment.

Curious if a non-jet fan also thinks McKnight looked awful and will never replace Leon W. ?

Also, agree what you say about Edleman.

Do you think Edelman will do as well as Welker has in the past? (he looks damn good)

If yes, is it the scheme or did Pats get lucky twice trading for and then drafting for these guys?

at the risk of looking like I want attention instead of just enjoying a "football conversation" like everyone else... :blink: ...

I think it's too early to assess McKnight. However, I'm not seeing this explosiveness other poeple are.

Do I think edleman will do as well as Welker? Yes. Is it scheme or talent? It's both. They pick the talent to fit their scheme, you know? You want an undersized, shifty quick guy for the slot. These attributes help beat LB's that are sure to be bigger and slower. Having super sure hands helps... a lot... as does incredible field aweareness. Edelman used to be a QB - I really think that gives him and edge when it comes to reading coverages and finding the seem/openings. Welker is just smart, shifty, quick, gutsy and apparently a quick healer. ;) Plus, lets not forget who is throwing that ball.

Anyway,I think Cotchery would be a fine slot receiver. I honestly believe he is your most dependable receiver who has a good knack for getting open

Leon W. wouldn't be able to replace Leon W. either. At 28 and with his type of injury, there's no telling what he has left. At least with McKnight there's a few years' worth of an opportunity for him to show he was worth trading up for.

Archived