Marshall wants Jets to get Revis signed

dolphann4life

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16561/marshall-wants-jets-to-get-revis-signed

9:53AM ETEmail Print Comments37 By Tim GrahamI doubt Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall is speaking for the entire AFC East when he says he wants the New York Jets and cornerback Darrelle Revis to reach an agreement before the season starts.

Marshall

Revis"Well, of course, because in order to be the best, you got to go against the best," Marshall told reporters Wednesday, "and you would love to compete against someone of his caliber and make plays on him.

"It kind of gives you that confidence, kind of solidify yourself. So I would love to see him out there. I think it will get done. I don't think it's a matter of if, but when."

What would a Revis-Marshall matchup look like?

The last time they squared off was in 2008. Marshall had five receptions for 55 yards and no touchdowns against Revis. Marshall averaged 7.1 catches for 86.4 yards in his other games that season.

Four months ago, before Revis and the Jets became estranged from each other, Revis appeared on ESPN's "First Take" and discussed Marshall's arrival in the AFC East.

"The biggest thing with those receivers of [Marshall's] caliber is they're very tall and they're very explosive," Revis said. "They have the height to jump over the smaller DBs.

"One thing I would try to do is get physical with him as much as I can over the course of the game to try to get his mind a little cluttered and frustrate him."

Frustrate Marshall? That's a timely topic these days.

Marshall has been aggravated by a spate of drops. He dropped both passes thrown to him in Saturday's soggy preseason opener and dropped some more in Monday's practice. He grew so irritated he punted the ball after dropping it in the end zone during a drill.

"When I'm frustrated in practice, I'm going to be frustrated," Marshall said Wednesday. "Now, in the game it's a different story. I think in the game you don't want to give your opponent that edge. So you try to control your emotions.

"It's new to you guys [Dolphins reporters] because I'm a new guy, but a year from now you guys will be able to say 'Oh, that's just Brandon. That's how he performs. That's how he practices. He plays with a lot of emotions. He approaches the game with a lot of passion.' You don’t want to do that in the game, but it's practice."

For a good list of excuses pull up any thread on here from the Dolphins vs. Jets 2nd meeting last year.

The best one is that despite losing to you clowns twice, we went on to win two in the playoffs. :yahoo:

Somethng the dolphags have not done in 25 years! :rl:

So how much is he kicking in?

Guess he does not want him back that bad then.

The best one is that despite losing to you clowns twice, we went on to win two in the playoffs. :yahoo:

Somethng the dolphags have not done in 25 years! :rl:

So how much is he kicking in?

Guess he does not want him back that bad then.

I'm sorry Brooklyn Jet, what hardware did you get from last season? A Divsion Title? A COnference Championship? A Lombadi Trophy? Nope. u got a shirt that reads "I made it to the AFC Championship game and all I got was this crappy T-Shirt"

I'm sorry Brooklyn Jet, what hardware did you get from last season? A Divsion Title? A COnference Championship? A Lombadi Trophy? Nope. u got a shirt that reads "I made it to the AFC Championship game and all I got was this crappy T-Shirt"

Which is still better than the one that says, "I have not sniffed a playoff win in 10 years" :rl:

So stop talking about Superbowls. No point in it. I was 5 when the Jets won and can;t even remember what I ate during the game.

lol. i'm sure the pats fans sit back and laugh at the lowly Dolphin and Jets fans arguing over who has a playoff win in the last decade, those S.O.B's!

lol. i'm sure the pats fans sit back and laugh at the lowly Dolphin and Jets fans arguing over who has a playoff win in the last decade, those S.O.B's!

Why would they laugh at that, when the are steady cracking up on how you are so proud of beating the Jets last year.

Like it got you anywhere! :rl:

It's still less embarrassing than posting about running out to buy a "2008 AFC East Champions" t-shirt.

Revis will give Marshall his catches the key is keeping him in front of you and making sure tackles.5 or 6 catches for a 7 or 8 yard average is fine. As tall and physical as Marshall is it would be next to impossible to completely shut him down. He is a posession reciever and gets alot of his yards playing physical and breaking tackles for extra yards. He is a stronger version of Keyshawn. Going for the football vs this type of player would be a mistake so expect him to catch more balls than normal vs Revis.

All I can say is...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR JACKASS.

Thats the first thing I thought. Aspirations are great...you aspire to make plays on Mevi$, be careful. Ocho Cinco promised to change his name if Mevi$ shut him down...someone never lived up to that bargain.

B Marsh better not make any of those type deals.

Archived