**** New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did Coleman run out of bounds? Why didn't he run over Clausen?

my 2 cents, once the defense has a turnover, it's a big play, don't mess it up by trying to do to much and wind up turning it over

esp being late in the game and in pre-season

O'Connell and Brunell are useless. Cut them both and make B. Smith the third stringer.

that was my thinking exactly last week, but brunell is going to be very valuable as the old sage advisor to sanchez, and he really can't be a QB coach because sanchez knows the offense better than he does

think of him as stetson man, the quarterback whisperer

that was my thinking exactly last week, but brunell is going to be very valuable as the old sage advisor to sanchez, and he really can't be a QB coach because sanchez knows the offense better than he does

think of him as stetson man, the quarterback whisperer

So far Brunell doesn't seem to have a positive impact on Sanchez.

I'm glad my lonely crusade against Brian Schottenhiemer is getting less lonely. Once he's finally gone I think we'll find out any good offensive game plan of the last few years was drawn up by Callahan.

You were never alone in the Shotty Suck's Club. I was and still am reserving a small sliver of hope, after watching yet another Schottabomination, that they are just trying things out in a preseason game. After a bit though, you run out of places to look at for blame:

Top 5 offensive line, HoF RB who may have lost a little - but not enough to explain this - and is the back-up to a young bull, Very deep and talented WR corps ... it might be time to call the Jets OC what he really is - an ineffective coordinator of complex ineffective offensive schemes and plays.

I was kinda gagging last week when posters were making mention of new found respect for Schotty after seeing him operate as a manager on Hard Knocks. He wasn't doing anything that ANY fast food restaurant manager doesn't do. And that has nothing to do with what kind of offense this guy is designing and directing. I'm not saying he's a bad guy - just that he may suck as an OC.

So far Brunell doesn't seem to have a positive impact on Sanchez.

I'm not saying sanchez will be drew brees in a month, my point more is we were reminded how young and immature sanchez is last HK, and he needs a mentor type who isn't on the coaching staff, a guy to trust and learn from

and he's only been here 3 weeks

I'm not saying sanchez will be drew brees in a month, my point more is we were reminded how young and immature sanchez is last HK, and he needs a mentor type who isn't on the coaching staff, a guy to trust and learn from

and he's only been here 3 weeks

Yeah, but on HK all I see is Brunell kissing Sanchez's butt.

Rex needs to get it through his head that falling in love with players is not a fool proof strategy. Pushing Revis to the media didn't help things and his non stop gayness for Sanchez isn't helping him perform.

Cool. We're going to win the Superbowl with field goals. Can I still get PSLs?

There was a whole bunch of sabre-rattlin' goin' on in that game by the Jets, and they heard up there in Foxborough. You can be sure o'that!

I guarantee you Woody is in front of a mirror right now practicing his "sad face w/cispy white baseball cap." Fevered soundbytes will ROLL this week!

Trying hard to be positive, that game put me to sleep. But I will say this, there is no way this team would be over confident based on their performances so far. Hopefully next week at home they look better on offense. The OLine hasn't looked great.

Yeah, but on HK all I see is Brunell kissing Sanchez's butt.

Rex needs to get it through his head that falling in love with players is not a fool proof strategy. Pushing Revis to the media didn't help things and his non stop gayness for Sanchez isn't helping him perform.

"it's the indian, not the arrow". he doesn't just kiss his butt, and sanchez does need help with the sulking stuff, which is where brunell told him it was not the beginning of the season, just a PS game

and

a 23 year old kid needs all the confidence he can get leading this franchise B)

Just got back from the Jags/Phags game. Lightening delay put the game back like 2 1/2 hours. Sucked. Drunk and too tired to drink more, so I'll post my thoughts of getting to watch almost a half of both teams starters, if anyone cares.

Chad Henne is good. He's much better than Mark Sanchez. I know I've been saying I'd take the model right now over Henne, but I've changed my mind. He's really just got a lot more tools than the model. Better arm, better accuracy, better pocket presence. In fact, I dont think Sanchez does anything better.

Dolphags have a physical team. Marshall drops passes, but he gets open pretty easy and is hard to bring down. Dolphags have a fast defense. They get to the ball quick, but their corners play real soft. Teams will be able to throw all over them at will. Seriously a big weakness in pass defense.

Jags are terrible. Absolutely horrible. I'll be shocked if they win 6 games. Cant tackle, cant cover, offensive game plans worse than Schotty. Really just not a fun team to watch outside of MoJo Drew. Stoked I bought season tickets...lol.

Chad Henne is good. He's much better than Mark Sanchez. I know I've been saying I'd take the model right now over Henne, but I've changed my mind. He's really just got a lot more tools than the model. Better arm, better accuracy, better pocket presence. In fact, I dont think Sanchez does anything better.

This is going in one of the Dolphags' sig for sure.

Jets running game has been very disappointing so far. Too early to say, "I told you so", but I'm very concerned about what the loss of Faneca may do to us. In neither game did we win the ground game on offense. As to pass protection, you're hoping for upside without Faneca but last night was BRUTAL... how many sacks did they give up, like 6?

And to address the Brunell situation. Yes, he HAS looked terrible. I don't expect him to be any better than that. But, let's be fair here, he's had about 10 pass attempts all told. That's a small sample size.

Jets running game has been very disappointing so far. Too early to say, "I told you so", but I'm very concerned about what the loss of Faneca may do to us. In neither game did we win the ground game on offense. As to pass protection, you're hoping for upside without Faneca but last night was BRUTAL... how many sacks did they give up, like 6?

And to address the Brunell situation. Yes, he HAS looked terrible. I don't expect him to be any better than that. But, let's be fair here, he's had about 10 pass attempts all told. That's a small sample size.

He looked about he same in his 30 pass attempts in his one meaningless-start game last season. It's almost as if the Jets didn't spend the hour it would take, using a fast-forward button over the commercials and NO defense, to watch Brunell in that game. Because this is exactly what he looked like.

I think the reason that McKnight is on the Jets is because they had a series of scouting reports on him dating back to high school that say he has the fastest 10 yard dash time blah blah blah and Tannenbaum took a flyer on him, thinking Rex would find the right button to push on his degenerate a$$. It looks to me like he's a sprinter who plays RB. Just my opinion, though. If Leon does a single thing for the Seahawks this year while McKnight is on the practice squad, it's a black mark on Tanny's record.

As for the TE, I agree. Keller is essentially (and only) a downfield threat on an offense with a QB that desperately needs a few underneath receivers. I'd love it if they could find him a Heath Miller-type player.

Its not like McKnight was a first rounder RB... sometimes you take flyers on guys and it doesn't work out. Denver used a 3rd on Maurice Clarett a couple years ago. If it worked out... GREAT! If not, well... it was a 3rd rounder. You can recover from that.

Tanny has built THE JETS into a contender. A CONTENDER.

I don't think we need to talk in terms of "black marks" considering how successful the conversion rate has been with his draft picks and free agent acquisitions... and the fact that the team we love, is now a legitimate contender when for most of its history it was on par with some of the worst franchises in the game... save for SB III. Looking back at the past 4 years... only a few wiffs really stand out to me, Anthony Schlegel being the worst.

I say we judge the McKnight selection after a couple seasons... and accept the fact that every once in a while a rookie is going to, well... struggle like a rookie .

Its not like McKnight was a first rounder RB... sometimes you take flyers on guys and it doesn't work out. Denver used a 3rd on Maurice Clarett a couple years ago. If it worked out... GREAT! If not, well... it was a 3rd rounder. You can recover from that.

Tanny has built THE JETS into a contender. A CONTENDER.

I don't think we need to talk in terms of "black marks" considering how successful the conversion rate has been with his draft picks and free agent acquisitions... and the fact that the team we love, is now a legitimate contender when for most of its history it was on par with some of the worst franchises in the game... save for SB III. Looking back at the past 4 years... only a few wiffs really stand out to me, Anthony Schlegel being the worst.I say we judge the McKnight selection after a couple seasons... and accept the fact that every once in a while a rookie is going to, well... struggle like a rookie .

Schlegel????Have you forgotten about VG or does 4 tackles last night get him off the hook?

Am I the only person who watched last night who thinks McKnight actually showed why he was worth a shot??

How about Folk? Not too bad yes? What was that kickers name we got rid of?

LT showed he still has some life in his legs and is still better than 90% of the backs in the league.

If Rex and Mike think Brunnell is beter option than KC they better put the crack pipe down.

Sanchez might be a.............................fill in the blank.

Schlegel????Have you forgotten about VG or does 4 tackles last night get him off the hook?

Am I the only person who watched last night who thinks McKnight actually showed why he was worth a shot??

How about Folk? Not too bad yes? What was that kickers name we got rid of?

LT showed he still has some life in his legs and is still better than 90% of the backs in the league.

If Rex and Mike think Brunnell is beter option than KC they better put the crack pipe down.

Sanchez might be a.............................fill in the blank.

Sorry... I haven't finished my coffee... I thought Gholston being THE worst was implied, and what I meant was "wiffs other than Gholston"... of which Schlegel stands out to me the most.

Archived