**** New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Official Gameday Thread****

Larz

Defense still looks pretty good. Cromartie scares me though.

The offense was a disaster. I really hope we dont try and force the ball to Tomlinson all season like we've been doing this preseason. Some of the calls just scream "legacy" plays to coat his ego.

Sanchez was bad last night...no rhythm whatsoever. Not having Santonio for the first four games is going to hurt. He's really our only guy that he can whip the ball down the field to. I love Cotch, but he's not really going to kill you down the field. We really need Sanchez to find his rhythm early and complete some 15-20 yard passes down the fied. He hasnt dont that at all, which scares me.

The line sucked last night. Hopefully it was just a preseason lull. Mark Brunell...please get off the team. Brunell cannot make this roster. I dont know WTF the Jets are thinking there. The guy cant play football anymore.

Gholston actually didnt suck last night. Congratulations.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The offense was a disaster. I really hope we dont try and force the ball to Tomlinson all season like we've been doing this preseason. Some of the calls just scream "legacy" plays to coat his ego.

phillip, is that you ?

seriously, the coaches have been in his ear all off season about getting his backs involved, this has nothing to do with making LT happy. LT usually doesn't even play in the PS, has he bitched about playing ?

no

this is simply an extension of his most troubling habit, locking on a guy he has pre-determined is getting the ball based on his pre-snap read, and not reading the defense correctly

phillip, is that you ?

seriously, the coaches have been in his ear all off season about getting his backs involved, this has nothing to do with making LT happy. LT usually doesn't even play in the PS, has he bitched about playing ?

no

this is simply an extension of his most troubling habit, locking on a guy he has pre-determined is getting the ball based on his pre-snap read, and not reading the defense correctly

There were at least 3 predesigned pass plays to LT last night that were atrocious calls by Schotty.

Neither Slausen or Ducasse look like capable starters.

That will be a big problem with Sancho taking sacks and maybe taking some blind side smacks.

OC may have to have design / call more roll right plays to keep pressure off.

Cutting Faneca made no sense. They should have kept the OL together 1 more year.

Bob you can still get PSLs. $2,500 ones as well. Sit in the LL EZ, good times. :rolleyes:

I got a call yesterday afternoon. They are pulling out all the stops. Offering FREE pre-season tickets,cutting prices theres even upper deck psl free seats available along with some good lowers. Im actually considering if I can get a buddy to split the cost with me.

So can someone explained why we practically gave Leon Washington away to the Seahawks?

He had a badly broken leg, wanted starter money, and his agent was impossible to work with.

We didn't proactively "give him away. We tried to get him under contract last year, but he followed his agent's advice and didn't accept the deal.

The situation we were left in as a franchise was trade him for whatever you can get... or get nothing.

So McKnight isn't shining or inspiring threads about how he will be the next great thing... but McKnight was also drafted to be our #3, affording him the time to adjust to the speed of the game like a true rookie.

If McKnight was playing awesome... then the gripes would be about not needing LT, or how we shouldn't building our running game around Greene.

He had a badly broken leg, wanted starter money, and his agent was impossible to work with.

We didn't proactively "give him away. We tried to get him under contract last year, but he followed his agent's advice and didn't accept the deal.

The situation we were left in as a franchise was trade him for whatever you can get... or get nothing.

So McKnight isn't shining or inspiring threads about how he will be the next great thing... but McKnight was also drafted to be our #3, affording him the time to adjust to the speed of the game like a true rookie.

If McKnight was playing awesome... then the gripes would be about not needing LT, or how we shouldn't building our running game around Greene.

Did you see Leon Washington run the ball last night? The guy is fine.

Instead of having him as a weapon we're stuck with Joe ******* McKnight.

The Jets thought Leon was done.

Now, the McKnight pick was stupid, but I can see why they wanted to take what they coould get for Leon.

McKnight should be cut...the other kid from USC we have runs harder and has better vision.

I dont think the JETS thought LW was done. I think we saw a peek of the JETS being much more frugal in spending. LW wanted starter money. SG and TJ both outplayed him. The injury was also a factor but not the decisive one that got him traded.

I dont think the JETS thought LW was done. I think we saw a peek of the JETS being much more frugal in spending. LW wanted starter money. SG and TJ both outplayed him. The injury was also a factor but not the decisive one that got him traded.

Leon was under contract to play this season with the Jets wasnt he? They could have brought him back this year if they had wanted to.

Cutting Faneca made no sense. They should have kept the OL together 1 more year.

These are the 2 biggest head scratchers IMO. Throw in Brunnell and you gotta wonder some of the offseason moves. I've seen more from Gholston than that gheyhomoJT.

Love Cro, Holmes...and I hope I'm eating crow with LT. Hopefully we can just sum it up to, "its the preseason"...but there is reason for concern on offense.

I will only say this after two preseason games. In particular, the offensive side of the ball. Yes, it is only "vanilla", but our vanilla sucks of what I've seen...especially out of Sanchez. The offense right now is eerily similar to last year where the defense bailed them out so many times...that won't work this year.

Like I said, it's only preseason, but......I drank the damn kool aid.

These are the 2 biggest head scratchers IMO. Throw in Brunnell and you gotta wonder some of the offseason moves. I've seen more from Gholston than that gheyhomoJT.

Love Cro, Holmes...and I hope I'm eating crow with LT. Hopefully we can just sum it up to, "its the preseason"...but there is reason for concern on offense.

I forgot Jason Taylor was a Jet, wtf has he done this preseason? He's been invisible for the most part

I will only say this after two preseason games. In particular, the offensive side of the ball. Yes, it is only "vanilla", but our vanilla sucks of what I've seen...especially out of Sanchez. The offense right now is eerily similar to last year where the defense bailed them out so many times...that won't work this year.

Like I said, it's only preseason, but......I drank the damn kool aid.

That was your first mistake.

I really dont see this season being much different than last. I think we get in the playoffs with the WC, the Pats win the division, we gotta hope that Sanchez grows up a lot before then and is able to give us another playoff run. Just hopefully this year the pieces in place are enough to get us to the SB.

I really dont see this season being much different than last. I think we get in the playoffs with the WC, the Pats win the division, we gotta hope that Sanchez grows up a lot before then and is able to give us another playoff run. Just hopefully this year the pieces in place are enough to get us to the SB.

I think you're really overrating the Pats.

Defense still looks pretty good. Cromartie scares me though.

His "tackle" early in the game on that running play was one of the most pussified tackles I've ever seen. He was knocked down -or fell down- and the RB fell down, too. If this is the new, improved, more physical Cromartie we're going to be unhappy with a lot of what he does this year.

So can someone explained why we practically gave Leon Washington away to the Seahawks?

We got John Conner for Leon Washington, playing for a fifth round pick's salary. That's a pretty good trade.

His "tackle" early in the game on that running play was one of the most pussified tackles I've ever seen. He was knocked down -or fell down- and the RB fell down, too. If this is the new, improved, more physical Cromartie we're going to be unhappy with a lot of what he does this year.

We got John Conner for Leon Washington, playing for a fifth round pick's salary. That's a pretty good trade.

If we get Revis signed...I'd expect Wilson to beat out Cro eventually during the season.

Cromartie is another awkward player...like the Braylon of the defense. His form tackling is awful. He is soft...but his technique is even worse.

I agree with this 100%, way too people are believing the hype machine and this team will only go as far as Sanchez, he has to step up.

No I didn't see him run, but that is neither here nor there.

The Jets didn't want to pay Leon starters money... and at the time they traded him, there was major skepticism about whether or not he could recover from the injury. They did what they had to do, took the low risk route and got a draft pick for Leon. That draft pick was used on John Connor.

The decision to draft Joe McKnight might not have been a good one... but NOT paying Leon starter money coming off of that injury was not a mistake.

No I didn't see him run, but that is neither here nor there.

The Jets didn't want to pay Leon starters money... and at the time they traded him, there was major skepticism about whether or not he could recover from the injury. They did what they had to do, took the low risk route and got a draft pick for Leon. That draft pick was used on John Connor.

The decision to draft Joe McKnight might not have been a good one... but NOT paying Leon starter money coming off of that injury was not a mistake.

Opinions are like assholes. And that's exactly what this above post is YOUR opinion. I beg to differ.

I guess "any back" can avoid fumbles like TJ did last season, huh? APPARENTLY NOT

You mean like the fumble loss that TJ had in Kansas City's most recent game against Tampa?? and his 31 yards on 10 carries combined in the first two games to boot.

I liked TJ as much as the next guy; lunch-pail worker, didn't fumble and didn't get injured. However, let's not assume we're losing him in his prime. The FO saw his decline what with his ~2 ypc in the postseason and decided to go with the future.

Leon was under contract to play this season with the Jets wasn't he? They could have brought him back this year if they had wanted to.

Because that's working so well with Revis isn't it?? It's a distinct possibility that the FO realized they weren't making any headway with the contract negotiations and an agreement was not going to be met.

LT is a ******* veteran too and he's playing preseason, you have no point. :rolleyes:

Is LT coming off surgery to repair a damaged right shoulder?? Is Taylor coming off a season where he was doubted and mocked by every sports pundit and fan, saying that he was absolutely done?? Clearly the situations aren't the same.

You mean like the fumble loss that TJ had in Kansas City's most recent game against Tampa?? and his 31 yards on 10 carries combined in the first two games to boot.

I liked TJ as much as the next guy; lunch-pail worker, didn't fumble and didn't get injured. However, let's not assume we're losing him in his prime. The FO saw his decline what with his ~2 ypc in the postseason and decided to go with the future.

The future was:

Greene

Jones

LT

Not

Greene

LT

McCraptastic

I don't know why it's assumed that Jones had to start if they kept him here.

LT is a ******* veteran too and he's playing preseason, you have no point. :rolleyes:

Actually my point holds up - LT shouldn't be playing this much either. The difference is... the defense is good enough to get away with playing conservatively, Rex knows what he has. The offense is in fact struggling, and so its understandable that they would show more of the playbook in an effort to get Sanchez comfortable. LT's playing time in the preseason is directly tied to the QB who is being weened on check-down passes in front of our eyes. Jason Taylor's reps don't really effect anyone else.

But sure... you are clearly well-informed and I have no point. I know that in between all your idiotic remarks there is a wealth of football knowledge that we should all envy.

Opinions are like assholes. And that's exactly what this above post is YOUR opinion. I beg to differ.

See: idiotic remarks.

Actually my point holds up - LT shouldn't be playing this much either. The difference is... the defense is good enough to get away with playing conservatively, Rex knows what he has. The offense is in fact struggling, and so its understandable that they would show more of the playbook in an effort to get Sanchez comfortable. LT's playing time in the preseason is directly tied to the QB who is being weened on check-down passes in front of our eyes. Jason Taylor's reps don't really effect anyone else.

But sure... you are clearly well-informed and I have no point. I know that in between all your idiotic remarks there is a wealth of football knowledge that we should all envy.

See: idiotic remarks.

GFY

GFY

Hmmm... I guess this confirms that I did in fact have a point?

Just remember... This could have been a normal discussion, but every time you have the chance to discuss football objectively... you resort to this pseudo tough chick crap instead. I suspect you know very little about football.

Archived