Leon Washington scored a TD last night.

visajets

I'm pretty happy with LT so far. Just sayin.

+1

This is Leon's actual replacement.

That said, I absolutely wish Leon the best. He was great for this team, and that injury was brutal. I hope he has a lot of success in the future. I just want LT to get a ring before he does, that's all.

+1

That said, I absolutely wish Leon the best. He was great for this team, and that injury was brutal. I hope he has a lot of success in the future. I just want LT to get a ring before he does, that's all.

Word. Leon showed some nice burst through that huge hole...but LT scores on that play too.

+1

I didn't even know Leon was playing already. I'll definitely be rooting for him.

+1

:cool:

Tanny bet against Leon, which, IMO, was a horrible decision.

Leon was/is and forever will be a gamer.

Tanny did not bet against him. Peopel keep forgetting that Leon turned down a pretty decent contract and decided to gamble. He rolled the dice and it turned out the way it did.

I wish him the best, but he a seahawk now.

Tanny did not bet against him. Peopel keep forgetting that Leon turned down a pretty decent contract and decided to gamble. He rolled the dice and it turned out the way it did.

I wish him the best, but he a seahawk now.

IMO, Tanny came to the same conclusion with Leon as he did with Bapsped on "Hard Knocks."

The Jets could have paid him what the Seahawks are.

IMO, Tanny came to the same conclusion with Leon as he did with Bapsped on "Hard Knocks."

It was also probably the last chance for the Jets to get anything for him in a trade. If he played out his tender, he would've been a free agent in 2011 and they would've had to decide whether to extend him then or let him go for nothing. All while not knowing if the guy was going to come back from that injury at all. This way, they got John Conner out of the deal and picked up LT to do most of what Leon did for the offense - and more.

I know Leon was a fan favorite, but it's hard to question the move to trade him at that time. Conner's a guy who could be crushing bones for this team for the next 15 years.

All NFL players are one hit away from a career ending (or worse) injury whenever they step on the field.

In Leons case that threshold has been lowered significantly.

He may play as well as he did with the NYJ but..........

He is playing with a steel rod in his leg.

One well placed hit or hard cut and it could end ugly.

Im sure Mike T. factored that in when he traded him.

Actually it was John Conner.

I know what I said.

John Conner may be the player the Jets got in the trade, but LT is the guy who's here to replace what Leon did on the field this year.

Max thanks you for adding to his post count totals.

the Jets offered him a fair deal prior to his injury. After his injury, not the Jets fault that they have concerns.

I prefer this:

Greene

LT

McKnight

Richardson

Conner

over this:

Greene

Jones/LT

Leon Washington

Richardson

Chauncey Washington/Jason Davis

We probably wouldn't have brought in LT had we planned on keeping Washington, and even if we had, I don't blame the front office for going younger at the youngest of the NFL's positions, RB.

In addition, I'm very glad to have Conner on this roster. That's really the key thing in all of this. How much more value does a 28-year old RB have, even if you don't factor in the injury, versus our future at FB?

is this gonna go on all year? leon isn't a jet anymore. and i hope he has a good year. the guy was a good player for us and he had a horrible injury. he kinda screwed up not signing the contract. can't keep everybody, and with the addition of LT len looked to be expendable. it is what it is, and i hope leon has a great season nonetheless. hopefully we won't have to hear all the bitching everytime the guy has a good run this year. between green and lt there wouldn't have been many touches for him this year

those of you who wish injuries on other players are just awful.. ever heard of bad karma? OY!

anyone who has read my tweets here.. know i love good classic rock, and LEON.. so there should be no surprise that this will be a pro LEON post...

I realize the whole contract thing was bad, but we dont really know the whole story.. we know what Tanny said and we know he NEVER lies... OY!

Anyway.. i think that Leon probably got some bad advice on his contract, and that is why i dislike a lot of agents ...

On the other hand, Leon LOVED being a Jet. Loved it.. His teammates loved him. The fans loved him. He was always there at charity events.. He signed autographs.. he was humble and not a diva at all. As an NFL player, he saw it as a privileged not as a right... As Direjet said, he is a gamer..

I always though that Schotty never believed in him.

I am not surprised at how good he looks in the first preseason game. I am glad that he is in the NFC so i can root for him!

Really, some of you would slam Joe Namath if you were alive when he was traded to the Rams :blink::lol:

OY!!!!!!!!

remember this from last year.. passion.. this man has passion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmz_L1-aHw

those of you who wish injuries on other players are just awful.. ever heard of bad karma? OY!

anyone who has read my tweets here.. know i love good classic rock, and LEON.. so there should be no surprise that this will be a pro LEON post...

I realize the whole contract thing was bad, but we dont really know the whole story.. we know what Tanny said and we know he NEVER lies... OY!

Anyway.. i think that Leon probably got some bad advice on his contract, and that is why i dislike a lot of agents ...

On the other hand, Leon LOVED being a Jet. Loved it.. His teammates loved him. The fans loved him. He was always there at charity events.. He signed autographs.. he was humble and not a diva at all. As an NFL player, he saw it as a privileged not as a right... As Direjet said, he is a gamer..

I always though that Schotty never believed in him.

I am not surprised at how good he looks in the first preseason game. I am glad that he is in the NFC so i can root for him!

Really, some of you would slam Joe Namath if you were alive when he was traded to the Rams :blink::lol:

OY!!!!!!!!

remember this from last year.. passion.. this man has passion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmz_L1-aHw

Who wished injury on him?

Archived