My JN is broken and it's all your fault

Alright dudes,

I need your help. I like this place a lot. But here's the deal. I'm seeing Seahawk colors. The site is very slow. For example, even Poster's avatars don't come in or download whathaveyou. This computer is maybe 3 years old? And it's a work computer. I use what I'm gathering is an older version of internet explorer. War Ensemble has tried to help in a few posts but from what he's saying there's not much I can do. Any help from the JN Geek Squad would be great. Your friend and loyal Jets fan, Hessstation.

Hess --

Thanks for the feedback. :D A few things:

1. I don't think there is anything we can do about the colors. I assure you there are no Seahawks colors in here, your monitor may be rendering things differently than what we are seeing. If anyone else is seeing blue please let me know. But I see green.

2. Please let me know what version of internet explorer you are using. If you are in the browser and go to help - about that should tell you what version you have. Once we have that I will test it out. We have worked out all the bugs that we are aware of on IE 7 and 8. If you have something older we will test it there as well. The problem you are having others did have on IE7.

3. The slowness -- it has to be related to whatever is causing the avatars not to load. Once we have that information we can make other recommendations if the site is still slow for you. But our testing is showing that this set up is actually much faster.

Note: When posting please use the Fast Reply on the bottom if you aren't. That should load instantly.

Thanks!

I was going to say...

I'm on IE7 at work and even I can see the avatars now. Are you having the issue where posts seem to disappear? That one is a PITA. Stick with it. They'll clear it up.

Hey can you let us know how IE7 is looking for you now after the changes last week? http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/90475-avatars-only-partially-loading-on-ie7/

Thanks.

Hey can you let us know how IE7 is looking for you now after the changes last week? http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/90475-avatars-only-partially-loading-on-ie7/

Thanks.

It seems fine. I'm using it now. Shhhh!

OTOH, I still can't use the multiquote no matter which browser I'm on. Home, work it doesn't matter and yesterday I had some trouble with the link feature in the article. I used the one in the post section and cut and pasted and it worked. Whatever issues I have now are NOT IE7 related. I can see the avatars, posts don't disappear, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived