From BaseballAmerica- top rookie prospects

faba

It really pains me to agree with Maxman, but the Kazmir trade was perhaps the worst I've ever seen.

Not only is he the undisputed ace of Tampa Bay IMO, he'd be the ace of just about any team out there. He has WICKED stuff alrady and he hasnt even sniffed his prime. And the Met-a-mucils traded this guy for a low-rent 4th starter.

Once again, I guess they call it Flushing for a reason

The Kazmir trade is still confusing. That one is going to sting Met fans for a long, long time.

You know the worst thing about the Kazmir trade is that Oakland would have jumped on him in a Tim Hudson deal.

How nasty would the Mets staff be with Hudson and Pedro?

That said if Zambrano harnesses is control, he will be a pleasent surprise.

Kazmir is nowhere near a ace yet...in fact it's way too early to say he will even be as good as Zambrano.

Also speaking of bad trades...remember the Sox got Schilling for a bag of balls basically.

You know the worst thing about the Kazmir trade is that Oakland would have jumped on him in a Tim Hudson deal.

How nasty would the Mets staff be with Hudson and Pedro?

That said if Zambrano harnesses is control, he will be a pleasent surprise.

Kazmir is nowhere near a ace yet...in fact it's way too early to say he will even be as good as Zambrano.

Also speaking of bad trades...remember the Sox got Schilling for a bag of balls basically.

Its not too early to call Kazmir an ace inasmuch as most teams have a lack of pitching and as I said...he'd be a #1 starter on most teams.

Dont forget, everyone said it was too early for him to be in the majors. Piniella wisely said screw that and started him against the World Champion Red Sox, whom he shut the F down until the ump tossed him, mercifully, for us.

Victor Z is a flat out bust. He's a .500 type pitcher with no reason to belive there is an upside. He doesnt throw especially hard, his pitches tend to stay in the zone, yet his control is usually erratic, at least every time I saw him pitch.

At best, it is a huge and unnecessary gamble for the Mets, one that should never have been made. Plus, now they have to watch Kazmir and hope he fails

Its not too early to call Kazmir an ace inasmuch as most teams have a lack of pitching and as I said...he'd be a #1 starter on most teams.

Dont forget, everyone said it was too early for him to be in the majors. Piniella wisely said screw that and started him against the World Champion Red Sox, whom he shut the F down until the ump tossed him, mercifully, for us.

Victor Z is a flat out bust. He's a .500 type pitcher with no reason to belive there is an upside. He doesnt throw especially hard, his pitches tend to stay in the zone, yet his control is usually erratic, at least every time I saw him pitch.

At best, it is a huge and unnecessary gamble for the Mets, one that should never have been made. Plus, now they have to watch Kazmir and hope he fails

Come on Kazmir could be the #1 starter for MOST teams?

Care to name them?

Barring injury Zambrano will have a better year than Kazmir. Don't let one start against the Sox who had never seen him b4 jade your vision.

Archived