Just found out my stepfather is not going to die from cancer!

Klecko73isGod

A couple of weeks ago I got one of the worst phone calls of my life when my mother called to tell me that my stepfather had been diagnosed with cancer and that it was most likely colon cancer and that the outlook was bleak.

Then she put him on the phone and he sounded so resigned already and accepting of his supposed fate and it scared the living sh*t out of me.

My stepfather, up until now, was the only male member of his family who had not gotten cancer. Once he got the news he figured it was only a matter of time.

Then about 10 minutes ago my mother called me to tell me that his doctor called him to let him know that the last test they did revealed that that tumor is attached to his appendix and not his colon and that it is easily treatable either with surgery, chemo or drugs and that the doctor told them he has patients he's been treating with this particular form of cancer for 20+ years.

It feels like 1000 pounds just got lifted from my shoulders. I am so happy right now.

A couple of weeks ago I got one of the worst phone calls of my life when my mother called to tell me that my stepfather had been diagnosed with cancer and that it was most likely colon cancer and that the outlook was bleak.

Then she put him on the phone and he sounded so resigned already and accepting of his supposed fate and it scared the living sh*t out of me.

My stepfather, up until now, was the only male member of his family who had not gotten cancer. Once he got the news he figured it was only a matter of time.

Then about 10 minutes ago my mother called me to tell me that his doctor called him to let him know that the last test they did revealed that that tumor is attached to his appendix and not his colon and that it is easily treatable either with surgery, chemo or drugs and that the doctor told them he has patients he's been treating with this particular form of cancer for 20+ years.

It feels like 1000 pounds just got lifted from my shoulders. I am so happy right now.

Great news.

Great News! Enjoy the time you have with him as if...my Mom had the Big C...had the surgery + chemo...supposedly they got it all...came back with a vengence within five years and she was gone...only regret is not making enough time for her...

So happy to hear my friend. You were pretty beat up when I spoke to you about this...very happy to hear the great news!!!

My folks are both Cancer survivors, as you know. Very scary news to get, even when you are told its treatable. The best thing is to stay positive.

Great news!!!

Glad to hear, but seriously, WTF? It took a misdiagnosis and then a few weeks to figure out the real spot where the cancer is? I'd be like "feet don't fail me now" as I ran out of that hospital to a place that had a clue.

But congrats to your stepfather and good luck to him, tell him to keep positive, it's more than half the battle.

Great news Joe!

My friend got diagnosed with a rare form of throat cancer 5 years ago. according to doctors he was supposed to be dead 4 and a half years ago. thanks to this radical cancer treatment hes getting in the Bahamas he is still alive. it initially cost him 21k dollars, and this kind of treatment is not legal in the United states. he goes back there every 6 months to pick up another batch of this freeze dried anti cancer stuff specifically made for his body and to fight his cancer. the doctors here in the us are amazed and want to know whats in that sh*t. there is a 80% success rate with this stuff if A) you can afford it. and B) you are still in very good shape when you start the treatments.

Great Great news Kleck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a cancer survivor (4 years now and Duke just released me and labeled me as cured) , and someone who was basically dead on operating table and in coma for 2 days after surgery I can tell you, its a new lease on life. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what do you want me to do about it?

That's awesome news, Kleck. When it comes down to it, health is the only wealth there is.

yup.

they dont stand over your coffin saying 'he was a great worker at the factory/office'

Its all about family time.

The factory/office will replace you in 3 nanoseconds after you are gone.

Your family will never replace you.

Great news!

Archived