Running Review of 3rd game

gangreenman

Game still going, but 1st stringers are off...

1 - Vlad Ducasse is simply not a starter at this point in his career. He's been a complete liability as a pass blocker for the one or two series' he's been in.

2 - Defensively...We need Revis...Badly. A DL or 5 would be nice as well.

3 - Sanchez has been pretty brutal against NFL 1st team defenses this preseason. Looks like its gonna be a lot of ground and pound for the offense again this season.

4 - ST is our overall best unit thus far. What is it about Westhoff that that unit is consistently so good?

Gholston recovered a fumble. Schotty sucks. Sanchez looks more confused now than he did last year... a sure sign that his coaches are tuned in and adapting the offense to the talent on hand.

This is the most pissed off I've ever been during a preseason game.

Bartel just outperformed Sanchez's last 2 games on one drive.

Sanchez wasn't razor sharp, but what kind of suck play call was that again/yet/still tonight?

Tom foolery doesn't work when theres no rhythm. The new O linemen showed they were new at times, but we shouldn't have to resort to anything more than fundies with the receiver base we have and LT for check downs. This O looks like its running in stop and go motion like an unbuffered webcast. Brian Schottenheimer seems to be a nice guy - but I still don't think he knows what he's doing and thats going to hurt us.

Jets Defense very vulnerable to the screen pass. Thats gonna be addressed in practice these next couple of weeks.

Jets defense has been vulnerable to the screen pass since year 1 of Mangini... I'd think if it could be addressed, it would have been by now. I don't know what a couple of practices are going to do to help at this stage.

Let's hope to God that Brunell never takes a snap this season.

Mark is a liability because he is a young QB, in a garbage offense that is over-complicate to the point where its a liability. (Any offense that confused the offensive players, more than the defenders... is doodie.)

But at least Mark gets teh ball out of his hands... Stetson Brunell just takes sacks one after another.

Archived