Hurricane Earl

PhinHater

I <3 Earl, bringing Epic waves to the East Coast of Florida!!!

East coast in general. LI was getting hit with some nice sets.

And while I'm not a surfer I usually love getting wrecked wave after wave, but the friday night I had hindered that enjoyment. Only went in to piss.

East coast in general. LI was getting hit with some nice sets.

And while I'm not a surfer I usually love getting wrecked wave after wave, but the friday night I had hindered that enjoyment. Only went in to piss.

I wish I could go surf Jones Beach for this storm...or Jersey or the Outer Banks...those places barrel like different countries when storms like this come through.

Pretty nice time to be an East Coast surfer, head high waves for the next week...we rarely see that. I've been waiting all day to get home and check the surf off my balcony to figure out which board to ride!!!

I wish I could go surf Jones Beach for this storm...or Jersey or the Outer Banks...those places barrel like different countries when storms like this come through.

Pretty nice time to be an East Coast surfer, head high waves for the next week...we rarely see that. I've been waiting all day to get home and check the surf off my balcony to figure out which board to ride!!!

Jones was actually the beach I was at, they were definitely barreling. But it was mostly shore breakers. At times there were some nice sets further out...

It won't hit us. At best we'll have some wind and rain, but it's staying offshore of Jersey and NY. Gonna be some killer wave action though. It's a shame because these swells will probably push the bigger fluke inshore and into the bay, right after the season closes. :blink:

Archived