Derrick Ward Released

jwrmo

I think behind our line he would be an animal.

They have some talent though:

Shonn

L.T.

Joe McKnight? Assuming he makes it over Chauncey Washington.

Tony Richardson

John Conner

That is 5 RB\FB that look like locks to make it. Plus Sexy Rexy has been talking up Danny Woodhead. Really don't seen them making a move here...

They have some talent though:

Shonn

L.T.

Joe McKnight? Assuming he makes it over Chauncey Washington.

Tony Richardson

John Conner

That is 5 RB\FB that look like locks to make it. Plus Sexy Rexy has been talking up Danny Woodhead. Really don't seen them making a move here...

I think he'd be a perfect fit. I just don't feel comfortable that Greene can stay healthy for a whole season. And then you are left with just LT as your every down back. Which isn't going to work.

But I see your point about having no where to put him. Have to keep McKnight for his ST/big play ability. So that leaves the obvious big problem. Carrying 2 FB. Some teams don't even carry 1. They're not the most versatile of players. But what would you do there?

But

I agree about shonn not being a 16 game back.

Two DB is a killer...and with no revision I Kyle Wilson can't return punts. I think that job will go to McKnight...

I dont think Rex is gonnna use Wilson to return punts. His value right now is starting CB until the Revis situation is rectified.

I think he'd be a perfect fit. I just don't feel comfortable that Greene can stay healthy for a whole season. And then you are left with just LT as your every down back. Which isn't going to work.

But I see your point about having no where to put him. Have to keep McKnight for his ST/big play ability. So that leaves the obvious big problem. Carrying 2 FB. Some teams don't even carry 1. They're not the most versatile of players. But what would you do there?

But

The Jets are definitely carrying 2 FB's, and probably 4 TE's, too. They might even carry a fourth RB on top of that, but the guy would have to contribute heavily on special teams. Does Derrick Ward do that? And what will Derrick Ward's contract demands look like?

As much as I'd love to see him as Shonn Greene's every down backup, I don't see it happening.

I was never one of the guys who was a big Danny Woodhead fan or supporter. I know a lot of guys liked him for being the little white boy that could, me? not so much. But I'll tell you after watching him on Hard Knocks this summer and then reading of all the things he CAN do and watching Joe McKnight and seeing the things that HE can (and can't) do, I've become a Woodhead fan. This guy can play special teams, RB, and line up as a receiver. I'll tell you this, I have much more faith in Woodhead getting the ball than I do Joe McKnight who seems kind of like a punk and gives the ball up way too much.

The Jets are definitely carrying 2 FB's, and probably 4 TE's, too. They might even carry a fourth RB on top of that, but the guy would have to contribute heavily on special teams. Does Derrick Ward do that? And what will Derrick Ward's contract demands look like?

As much as I'd love to see him as Shonn Greene's every down backup, I don't see it happening.

You think that hit that Woodhead had on specials (I think it was against the Giants) helps his chances?

I think Woodhead will be the WR\RB\ST guy that they put on the roster because he gave them no other choice...

You think that hit that Woodhead had on specials (I think it was against the Giants) helps his chances?

I think Woodhead will be the WR\RB\ST guy that they put on the roster because he gave them no other choice...

Woodhead makes this team again Max BECAUSE of the many hats he wears-Rex was talking him up again yesterday at his PC

I agree that Woodhead has made himself tough to cut. He's willing to do anything, and the coaches appreciate that. I especially think his ability to line up as a WR helps him with Santonio out the first four weeks of the year. The Jets don't need to run many multiple WR sets, but he can probably work out of the slot as well as Clowney or Taylor.

Chauncey Washington had a huge special teams hit against Carolina as well.

I wouldn't count either one of these guys (Washington/Woodhead) out just yet.

That being said, I think Washington has more upside as a RB, he has good size and is a downhill runner.

I agree that Woodhead has made himself tough to cut. He's willing to do anything, and the coaches appreciate that. I especially think his ability to line up as a WR helps him with Santonio out the first four weeks of the year. The Jets don't need to run many multiple WR sets, but he can probably work out of the slot as well as Clowney or Taylor.

Good point. I would much rather see him in the slot as opposed to the other two that you mentioned...

Chauncey Washington had a huge special teams hit against Carolina as well.

I wouldn't count either one of these guys (Washington/Woodhead) out just yet.

That being said, I think Washington has more upside as a RB, he has good size and is a downhill runner.

I agree with that. And if it was actually the 3rd back I think that might be a factor. If they are keeping 4 backs, (to go with 2 fullbacks) the 4th guy has to be a hybrid. I think that is what Woodhead is or at least what they hope he can evolve into.

I agree with that. And if it was actually the 3rd back I think that might be a factor. If they are keeping 4 backs, (to go with 2 fullbacks) the 4th guy has to be a hybrid. I think that is what Woodhead is or at least what they hope he can evolve into.

As you pointed out Max, Woodhead is an excellent special teams player and can also be an effective slot receiver, a roll that is very fitting for his ability to run after the catch and make people miss in the open field.

Woodhead has a real chance to make the 53 man roster as the 4th RB/back-up slot WR.

Archived