This is what is wrong with our Offense

GangisGreen

++ WR Santonio Holmes jokingly bartered with Sanchez on the sideline for more catches, offering a dinner-and-a-movie date. Later, he told Braylon Edwards that he feels totally different than he did with the Steelers. "When I was in Pittsburgh, we didn't know if we were getting the ball," he says. "Here, you got a mental note: 'I might get this ball.' "

This quote by Santonio shows exactly what is wrong with our Offense. We all know that Sanchez has serious issues with staring at one WR and trying to force it. This quote really does not provide any confidence that it will change. It really shows how predictable our offense is.

++ WR Santonio Holmes jokingly bartered with Sanchez on the sideline for more catches, offering a dinner-and-a-movie date. Later, he told Braylon Edwards that he feels totally different than he did with the Steelers. "When I was in Pittsburgh, we didn't know if we were getting the ball," he says. "Here, you got a mental note: 'I might get this ball.' "

This quote by Santonio shows exactly what is wrong with our Offense. We all know that Sanchez has serious issues with staring at one WR and trying to force it. This quote really does not provide any confidence that it will change. It really shows how predictable our offense is.

Yep. One of the most telling points in the entire show. Its on Sanchez, but its also on B. Schitt. He does all that pre snap bull sh*t to try and fake you out on where the ball is going...but it doesnt fool anyone. He has 2 options and 2 decoys. Nobody is fooled by the decoys...like T Rich lining up wide. Everyone and their mother knows he's not getting the ball.

Clearly Holmes runs a lot of routes that are purely just to make some shorter reads easy on Sanchez. He knows those plays, he aint touching the rock.

Yep. One of the most telling points in the entire show. Its on Sanchez, but its also on B. Schitt. He does all that pre snap bull sh*t to try and fake you out on where the ball is going...but it doesnt fool anyone. He has 2 options and 2 decoys. Nobody is fooled by the decoys...like T Rich lining up wide. Everyone and their mother knows he's not getting the ball.

Clearly Holmes runs a lot of routes that are purely just to make some shorter reads easy on Sanchez. He knows those plays, he aint touching the rock.

Lucky for us it fools all of our opponents. None of them have ever seen obvious decoys employed before.

This could not be more wrong, he actually said the opposite. He said in PItt he knew when it was coming his way and here he never knows, he said he has had to get used to always being ready for the ball now.

This could not be more wrong, he actually said the opposite. He said in PItt he knew when it was coming his way and here he never knows, he said he has had to get used to always being ready for the ball now.

That's what I got out of that as well.

Same here.

Of course, some people are letting their hatred of Sanchez get in the way of their reading comprehension. Then again, some are used to just calling him 'the model' and can't actually have a rational, intelligent discussion about him anyway.

Same here.

Of course, some people are letting their hatred of Sanchez get in the way of their reading comprehension. Then again, some are used to just calling him 'the model' and can't actually have a rational, intelligent discussion about him anyway.

He is dreamy.

He is dreamy.

Actually, what is really wrong with our offense?

Our OC coaches scared and is intimidated by the opposing team. Our defense, and in particular our HC/DC, don't take sh*t from no one and they play and coach that way.

Instead of that, our OC lets the other team dictate what we do unless Rex steps in. I can almost guarantee you that we'll be reading more stories about Rex getting more involved in the offense again if the offense staggers out of the gate.

I disagree with what Holmes was trying to get at.

Same here.

Weird...all of you took it that way? I could have sworn he said the opposite. Which makes total sense. Ben goes through his progressions fast, he's known for extending plays and hitting guys when they break their route and they pass the ball twice as much as we do, which means you have to be ready at any time for the ball.

Sanchez on the other hand, barely makes it through his progressions, always stares down his receivers and really doesnt extend plays at all. So you pretty much know when the ball is coming your way.

I'm going to have to watch that again, cuz I took it totally different.

And this has nothing to do with reading comprehension KSJets, considering it was watched on a show ;-). And you need to start embracing our bisexual model for a QB.

I disagree with what Holmes was trying to get at.

You too huh? Maybe I heard him wrong. Need to watch it again. Still doesnt make sense though...you'd think with Ben you'd have to be ready because he's a better player who extends plays and gets through his progression...where as our plays are typically quick hitting designed for option 1 and 2.

You too huh? Maybe I heard him wrong. Need to watch it again. Still doesnt make sense though...you'd think with Ben you'd have to be ready because he's a better player who extends plays and gets through his progression...where as our plays are typically quick hitting designed for option 1 and 2.

I think he was more or less saying that Sanchez does a better job of distributing the ball. Meanwhile Ben tended to like to lock on to one guy and just go there all day. Ben is a better player and I wholly agree with that but I think you may have answered your question there. Ben might be extending the play but Santonio may be nowhere near the play in those cases. Meanwhile with this offense it's a quick pass so he's gotta be ready. Could be interpreted in any manner I suppose.

I think he was more or less saying that Sanchez does a better job of distributing the ball. Meanwhile Ben tended to like to lock on to one guy and just go there all day. Ben is a better player and I wholly agree with that but I think you may have answered your question there. Ben might be extending the play but Santonio may be nowhere near the play in those cases. Meanwhile with this offense it's a quick pass so he's gotta be ready. Could be interpreted in any manner I suppose.

Good point. I guess I just dont remember a lot of distribution outside of Keller, Cotch, and Edwards. Where in Pitt, Ward, Wallace, Holmes, Miller, and their backfield caught a lot of balls.

You want to bury the OC for designing plays with a lot of deception pre-snap that are quick hits when you admit the QB has trouble going through is progressions? I'm sure Rex and Callahan will cure that.

Weird...all of you took it that way? I could have sworn he said the opposite. Which makes total sense. Ben goes through his progressions fast, he's known for extending plays and hitting guys when they break their route and they pass the ball twice as much as we do, which means you have to be ready at any time for the ball.

Sanchez on the other hand, barely makes it through his progressions, always stares down his receivers and really doesnt extend plays at all. So you pretty much know when the ball is coming your way.

I'm going to have to watch that again, cuz I took it totally different.

And this has nothing to do with reading comprehension KSJets, considering it was watched on a show ;-). And you need to start embracing our bisexual model for a QB.

I took it the opposite way from you as well. He was saying that in Pittsburgh there were times when he just knew he wasn't getting the ball but now he has to expect that there is a possibility of him getting the ball on every play, which would go along with the concept of the offense being too complicated. :P

I also took it as Santonio basically saying that Rapistberger has his favorites and on certain plays he always looks to throw to one particular guy and Sanchez actually looks to spread the ball around (granted, he goes about it in a screwy way, but he's not playing favorites.)

I took it the opposite way from you as well. He was saying that in Pittsburgh there were times when he just knew he wasn't getting the ball but now he has to expect that there is a possibility of him getting the ball on every play, which would go along with the concept of the offense being too complicated. :P

I also took it as Santonio basically saying that Rapistberger has his favorites and on certain plays he always looks to throw to one particular guy and Sanchez actually looks to spread the ball around (granted, he goes about it in a screwy way, but he's not playing favorites.)

Fair enough. Clearly I heard him wrong if this many people are saying so.

To be fair, who the hell else did we have last year?

Ummm David Clowney, Brad Smith, Wallace Wright, Danny Woodhead...just to name a few. :P

Ok maybe I heard him wrong, BUT no one here can say that Sanchez stares down his targets. Now for those who think I am bashing Sanchez I a not, as a matter of fact it could possibly be Shotty as he may tell Sanchez where to look. Often this is the case on high school ball but you never know.

Ok maybe I heard him wrong, BUT no one here can say that Sanchez stares down his targets. Now for those who think I am bashing Sanchez I a not, as a matter of fact it could possibly be Shotty as he may tell Sanchez where to look. Often this is the case on high school ball but you never know.

That's his main issue. I think you'll find a lot of people agree with that point.

I'm not sure how A led to B here.

My concern about Sanchez (and I like the guy) was during the game when the coach said go out there and 'motivate' the guys. Sanchez steps into the huddle and says: "ok, guys...let's, uh, let's really do good here. Let's get something good going..okay?" (he should have added 'pretty please with a cherry on top?')

sack, sack, hurt shoulder......

Then he steps into the huddle hurt. He shakes it off, playing hurt motivates everyone, and he throws a TD.

So, my conclusion is that he should pretend he's hurt all year. His motivational speeches are a snoozer.

Good thing the Jets signed LT in the offseason.

He has been about the only bright spot offensively. That includes Sanchez.

Unless the Jets are the Baltimore Ravens, and can win the SB with defense alone (I don't believe that is the case) this team has to come up with some semblence of an offense.

My concern about Sanchez (and I like the guy) was during the game when the coach said go out there and 'motivate' the guys. Sanchez steps into the huddle and says: "ok, guys...let's, uh, let's really do good here. Let's get something good going..okay?" (he should have added 'pretty please with a cherry on top?')

Then he steps into the huddle hurt. He shakes it off, playing hurt motivates everyone, and he throws a TD.

So, my conclusion is that he should pretend he's hurt all year. His motivational speeches are a snoozer.

he did tell vlad thet he "needed him" in a rather enthusiastic and firm tone of voice

it's because you have an obvious agenda against sanchez, you're seeing/reading/hearing what you want to

Meh.. I interpreted it the oppositie of Jif, but I was wondering wtf Santonio was talking about until i landed on our offense is more complicated..

I double checked the video. At 16.43 Holmes says when he was at Pittsburgh he never knew if he was getting the ball but here he does.

it's because you have an obvious agenda against sanchez, you're seeing/reading/hearing what you want to

LOL that someone repped you for this doodoo.

I have no agenda. He's a bisexual model, but I want him to be the best ever. I completely support him and see a lot of potential. I just hope his bisexual model nature doesnt keep him from becoming great.

LOL that someone repped you for this doodoo.

I have no agenda. He's a bisexual model, but I want him to be the best ever. I completely support him and see a lot of potential. I just hope his bisexual model nature doesnt keep him from becoming great.

"You either suck dick or you don't suck dick" - Andrew Dice Clay

Throwing Richardson out wide is trying to see if they are in a zone or not. If they are in zone, then the D wastes a cover corner on a useless full back. If it's man, then you open up lanes for a run play.

in either event, you are right...he's not getting the ball unless they don't cover him at all...

Archived