T Rich Released

yankees2022

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, we have the #1 running game and, admittedly, we run the ball more than any other team, but at the end of the day we still have the #1 running game. So, we cut our top rusher, our run blocking left guard and our fullback.....and this is not supposed to negatively impact the ground game?

Nice to know we have a billionaire owner who wants to save every nickel he can and gouge the fans for every penny. This is why Tannenbaum's here--because he's a ******* bean-counter. If they were serious about winning, they'd sign less low-character flashy players and worry about bringing in more winning players. Say what you will about the declining play of guys like TRich and Faneca and Jones, but it was those guys who kept the team together during the two losing streaks last year. If the Jets start off 0-2, 1-3, I wouldn't exactly look to Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie and Joe McKnight to lead the team back from the abyss. The Jets better watch their asses, as should Jets fans.

I don't know why woodhead stays

Rex loves the kid. He’s as tough as nails, and is the kind of player Rex wants.

He plays two positions OK. Not well, but will do in a pinch. Last year he wasn’t much of a specials guy. If they asked him to learn it. I’m sure he did.

Rex loves the kid. He’s as tough as nails, and is the kind of player Rex wants.

He plays two positions OK. Not well, but will do in a pinch. Last year he wasn’t much of a specials guy. If they asked him to learn it. I’m sure he did.

He singlehandedly cost us a game on specials.

I don't get it with him. He's not ps eligible and Washington is which imam sure is a factor

So, we have the #1 running game and, admittedly, we run the ball more than any other team, but at the end of the day we still have the #1 running game. So, we cut our top rusher, our run blocking left guard and our fullback.....and this is not supposed to negatively impact the ground game?

This... wow

Nice to know we have a billionaire owner who wants to save every nickel he can and gouge the fans for every penny. This is why Tannenbaum's here--because he's a ******* bean-counter. If they were serious about winning, they'd sign less low-character flashy players and worry about bringing in more winning players. Say what you will about the declining play of guys like TRich and Faneca and Jones, but it was those guys who kept the team together during the two losing streaks last year. If the Jets start off 0-2, 1-3, I wouldn't exactly look to Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie and Joe McKnight to lead the team back from the abyss. The Jets better watch their asses, as should Jets fans.

If Woody is cheap how are we able to make good free agent acquisitions every year? Incidentally, that's all I really care about.

I doubt T rich is gone for good, he will be back.

From a pure numbers perspective T rich should have been cut. Most teams dont carry a fullback at all let alone two full backs and Conner looks to be the real deal.

from a chemistry persepctive its a boneheaded move since T rich was one of the few leaders on the team. In a sense this year is a year of transition in that new young leaders on the offense have to emerge ie Sanchez, Greene, Cotch.

The front office is idiotic especially if they are doing this just so his contract isn't fully guaranteed this year. Are they really so cheap they can't pay the 850,000 for a locker room leader that is necessary on a team like this. How cheap of an organization are we? No wonder players are bitching about contracts when we won't even keep someone like T Rich.

As we get closer and closer to week 1 the moves and decisions this organization has been making make me very uneasy about our prospects for this season and the future. This isn't how good organizations operate.

All three of those players were deep in decline by the end of last season. Richardson was flat out beat out in by Conner. LT so far has shown more moves and speed in preseason than Jones did all last year.

The guy I'm most worried about in the running game is the guy we kept at RT.

All three of those players were deep in decline by the end of last season. Richardson was flat out beat out in by Conner. LT so far has shown more moves and speed in preseason than Jones did all last year.

The guy I'm most worried about in the running game is the guy we kept at RT.

Who would you give credit to for the running game last year?

The front office is idiotic especially if they are doing this just so his contract isn't fully guaranteed this year. Are they really so cheap they can't pay the 850,000 for a locker room leader that is necessary on a team like this. How cheap of an organization are we? No wonder players are bitching about contracts when we won't even keep someone like T Rich.

As we get closer and closer to week 1 the moves and decisions this organization has been making make me very uneasy about our prospects for this season and the future. This isn't how good organizations operate.

actually you are wrong. the good organization get rid of aging players in decline instead of keeping them around due to some sort of nostalgia.

Guys, Connor flat out beat T-Rich for the starting job. That's a good sign, not a bad one. What good is it to have a leader that sits on the bench? Sanchez, Mangold, and DBrick have to step up and become leaders of this team if we ever wanted to be a true perennial contender. This is their offense and their team now. They are the future. If they can't step up and lead this offense, then this offense is destined for failure for quite some time.

Who would you give credit to for the running game last year?

We had an excellent push on the OL for running the ball. Our pass protection was very pedestrain. It's obvious this team is going to need more balance to take another step.

Carrying two FB's is a waste. Connor clearly beat out Richardson. Management picked up a good young player in the second half of the draft, we got younger and better at a key position. Faneca was becoming a liability to our young QB and Jones showed he was clsoe to done in the playoff push. It's a young mans game that's just the facts, you can't stand pat and expect to get the same results year after year. Woody may well be on his last legs. We will be lucky to get through the year with him.

Guys, Connor flat out beat T-Rich for the starting job. That's a good sign, not a bad one. What good is it to have a leader that sits on the bench? Sanchez, Mangold, and DBrick have to step up and become leaders of this team if we ever wanted to be a true perennial contender. This is their offense and their team now. They are the future. If they can't step up and lead this offense, then this offense is destined for failure for quite some time.

Dingdingdingdingding.

Well said.

It seems to me that a lot of people here believe everything they see on television and are putting way too much stock into an hour of footage culled from thousands of hours shot cut together to tell a story and are considering it the gospel truth.

You want Sanchez to step up a be the leader? Well its time to take off the training wheels.

We had an excellent push on the OL for running the ball. Our pass protection was very pedestrain. It's obvious this team is going to need more balance to take another step.

Carrying two FB's is a waste. Connor clearly beat out Richardson. Management picked up a good young player in the second half of the draft, we got younger and better at a key position. Faneca was becoming a liability to our young QB and Jones showed he was clsoe to done in the playoff push. It's a young mans game that's just the facts, you can't stand pat and expect to get the same results year after year. Woody may well be on his last legs. We will be lucky to get through the year with him.

I thinks it's more painful for Jet fans if we were to see him sign with Miami or New England than anything else..

Archived