T Rich Released

yankees2022

if take all the story line out of it... and looked purely at the film from 2008 and 2009 this player was in a clear and steady decline. I shouldn't bad mouth him too much cause he might be back at somepoint. but using a 5th round pick on a fullback pretty much says it all. most teams dont have 1 fb let alone 2. 39 is ancient by NFL standards.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he goes from "TRich" to "Coach Richardson" in the blink of an eye...

Good Thought.

If this actually happens I will applaud this move instead of hissing at it. The players will still respect him as a player for locker room presence.

In addition to that I don’t think there is any NFL rule that prohibits him, from suddenly turning in his coaching hat, and strapping the jock back on if the situation calls for it.

Word is that T-Rich is so valued as an individual that he may be given a front office job in the Jets organization if he retires.

This would be a good story.

I think that's the right move. T Rich is a class act, and it's hard to see him go, but I understand it. This speaks volumes as to Connors ability.

That bites the bag ... without player leaders this club will struggle immensely. The Offense is running on 3 of 8 cylinders already and the last incumbent leader is no longer a Jet. Show me you know wtf you're doing Rex - cause at the moment it's not readily apparent.

Good Thought.

If this actually happens I will applaud this move instead of hissing at it. The players will still respect him as a player for locker room presence.

In addition to that I don’t think there is any NFL rule that prohibits him, from suddenly turning in his coaching hat, and strapping the jock back on if the situation calls for it.

That would be a great scenario - kinda like an extra practice squad guy just for keeping him around as a coach.

That would be a great scenario - kinda like an extra practice squad guy just for keeping him around as a coach.

I don't think you can have a coach and bring him onto the team. I think the Eagles had this problem with someone last year. I forget the details.

I keep seeing people saying that most teams don't even carry 1 FB. Can somebody even tell me one team that doesn't carry a FB.

The most teams thing is BS. I don't know where that came from.

Chicago does not have one, for instance. Indy really doesn't either. Both teams call them H Backs..

if take all the story line out of it... and looked purely at the film from 2008 and 2009 this player was in a clear and steady decline. I shouldn't bad mouth him too much cause he might be back at somepoint. but using a 5th round pick on a fullback pretty much says it all. most teams dont have 1 fb let alone 2. 39 is ancient by NFL standards.

I don't care about "most" teams, fullback is an important position on THIS one.

He was/is a class act, but sometimes you just have to say good-bye no matter how difficult it is...happens to everyone one time or another.

And I think this "leadership" ship thing is a little overblown. Do we really need guys to pump everyone else up...damn, we're fans and we get pumped up leading up to games...who were the leaders on the Jets SB team? You would be guessing if you know, because I sure as hell don't know and I was a young man during that time.

I don't think you can have a coach and bring him onto the team. I think the Eagles had this problem with someone last year. I forget the details.

That's too bad if it is true. Regardless, keeping TRich around to help the new kid < and the other backs > would be a good deal

Nate Scarborough coached and came in and played.

Gotta love #22

wow. they want a leader on offense and they cut the last one in TRich. I really don't like this move.

Pretty sure they drafted him 5th overall and gave him 50 million dollars. There's only so many magical things Richardson knows.

Not to mention there's the guys who started the new gen/era Jets team...D'Brick and Mangold.

The most teams thing is BS. I don't know where that came from.

Chicago does not have one, for instance. Indy really doesn't either. Both teams call them H Backs..

you're right with the Colts. The Bears use a guy that's half FB and half H-back, but was drafted as a FB. And played FB in college.

Nice to know we have a billionaire owner who wants to save every nickel he can and gouge the fans for every penny. This is why Tannenbaum's here--because he's a ******* bean-counter. If they were serious about winning, they'd sign less low-character flashy players and worry about bringing in more winning players. Say what you will about the declining play of guys like TRich and Faneca and Jones, but it was those guys who kept the team together during the two losing streaks last year. If the Jets start off 0-2, 1-3, I wouldn't exactly look to Santonio Holmes and Antonio Cromartie and Joe McKnight to lead the team back from the abyss. The Jets better watch their asses, as should Jets fans.

Brilliant input T0mShane!!! I feel exactly the same. I'm a DIEHARD Jet fan and ex college player. This just blows my mind - the management clearly has screws loose. I think it is very possible, if not LIKELY, that we completely lose these young players in the locker room when we face adversity this year - WHICH WE WILL!! I do remember the losing streaks well and the vets kept the team tightly together. We had great chemistry and consistency. I loved our team last year. It seems like now (because of Rex Ryans mouth, bringing in Criminals at wide receiver, and cutting our best leaders) we could easily go 6-10 ....or worse!!!! I'm ready to pop!!!

We saw this coming on Hard Knocks. Tanny wanted to cut TRich when they cut Coles.

How can they complain about locker room leadership when they make moves like this?

Perhaps they were not leading, but a digress, you obviously know better.

What are we supposed to do, wait until Conner has a full year of starting under his belt before releasing Richardson? Teams don't carry emergency FB's. He's a great locker room presence but there is no position on the field called Locker Room Presence.

Lots of people noted he wasn't all that great last year and this was not likely to improve in 2010. He doesn't carry the ball much, doesn't catch the ball much, doesn't play special teams, and frankly isn't the blocker he once was either. We may still see him back, but if we don't I'll understand.

What I don't understand is carrying 4 TE's. Because even more than no team needing 2 FB's, no team needs 4 TE's.

Archived