T Rich Released

yankees2022

Brilliant input T0mShane!!! I feel exactly the same. I'm a DIEHARD Jet fan and ex college player. This just blows my mind - the management clearly has screws loose. I think it is very possible, if not LIKELY, that we completely lose these young players in the locker room when we face adversity this year - WHICH WE WILL!! I do remember the losing streaks well and the vets kept the team tightly together. We had great chemistry and consistency. I loved our team last year. It seems like now (because of Rex Ryans mouth, bringing in Criminals at wide receiver, and cutting our best leaders) we could easily go 6-10 ....or worse!!!! I'm ready to pop!!!

Oh come on.

If popping someone in the face, or smoking a J makes you a 'criminal', I don't think I know any civilians.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're right with the Colts. The Bears use a guy that's half FB and half H-back, but was drafted as a FB. And played FB in college.

Bears site does not list a FB. Remember, there is a new sheriff in town (Martz) who hates anything besides 4 WR set and a blocking TE.

What are we supposed to do, wait until Conner has a full year of starting under his belt before releasing Richardson? Teams don't carry emergency FB's. He's a great locker room presence but there is no position on the field called Locker Room Presence.

Lots of people noted he wasn't all that great last year and this was not likely to improve in 2010. He doesn't carry the ball much, doesn't catch the ball much, doesn't play special teams, and frankly isn't the blocker he once was either. We may still see him back, but if we don't I'll understand.

What I don't understand is carrying 4 TE's. Because even more than no team needing 2 FB's, no team needs 4 TE's.

I think we have those 4 TEs to participate in special teams. They think Cumberland is going to be a WR/TE I bet, since I believe he played WR in college. Obviously, we know why they have Keller and Hartsock (sp) for blocking. Mulligan sounds like a ST guy.

I think we have those 4 TEs to participate in special teams. They think Cumberland is going to be a WR/TE I bet, since I believe he played WR in college. Obviously, we know why they have Keller and Hartsock (sp) for blocking. Mulligan sounds like a ST guy.

Yeah, I know. The reality teams often carry players who are technically LBers or WR's, but who maybe see offense/defense action on 5 plays for the season. Before those players, through injury, would be thrust into the starting lineup, Tannenbaum would be on the phone finding a real non-special teams player.

I just like to complain about things. 4 TE's is the dumbest thing I've heard of this side of going into a season with 4 QB's, zero of them having started 10 NFL games.

you're right with the Colts. The Bears use a guy that's half FB and half H-back, but was drafted as a FB. And played FB in college.

Actually they're all pretty similar. The H-Back name actually came about because it's a hybrid FB/TE.

What are we supposed to do, wait until Conner has a full year of starting under his belt before releasing Richardson? Teams don't carry emergency FB's. He's a great locker room presence but there is no position on the field called Locker Room Presence.

Lots of people noted he wasn't all that great last year and this was not likely to improve in 2010. He doesn't carry the ball much, doesn't catch the ball much, doesn't play special teams, and frankly isn't the blocker he once was either. We may still see him back, but if we don't I'll understand.

What I don't understand is carrying 4 TE's. Because even more than no team needing 2 FB's, no team needs 4 TE's.

This!

Yeah, I know. The reality teams often carry players who are technically LBers or WR's, but who maybe see offense/defense action on 5 plays for the season. Before those players, through injury, would be thrust into the starting lineup, Tannenbaum would be on the phone finding a real non-special teams player.

I just like to complain about things. 4 TE's is the dumbest thing I've heard of this side of going into a season with 4 QB's, zero of them having started 10 NFL games.

I completely agree about justification over releasing T-Rich and that 4 TEs is excessive. What worries me is that they seem hard pressed to cut corners financially. I realize that happens to some degree from year to year, but the moves they are making seem pretty evident that Woody has a liquidity issue. Asking several players to take pay cuts and cutting veterans to avoid guaranteeing salaries the entire year seem to be major concerns for them. More so than in previous years to me at least. I just personally think that cutting T-Rich would not have happened if Revis was not holding out. All the things you said about the decline are true, but I get the distinct feeling this is a Mike T and Woody decision more than it is a Rex decision.

I'm almost afraid to see Revis sign at this point since it's probably going to rape us.

Brilliant input T0mShane!!! I feel exactly the same. I'm a DIEHARD Jet fan and ex college player. This just blows my mind - the management clearly has screws loose. I think it is very possible, if not LIKELY, that we completely lose these young players in the locker room when we face adversity this year - WHICH WE WILL!! I do remember the losing streaks well and the vets kept the team tightly together. We had great chemistry and consistency. I loved our team last year. It seems like now (because of Rex Ryans mouth, bringing in Criminals at wide receiver, and cutting our best leaders) we could easily go 6-10 ....or worse!!!! I'm ready to pop!!!

You mean the team that was 2 and 4 in the division and lost to Atlanta at home that finally gave the ball to the rookie running back instead of the locker room leader TJ.

Spin it any way you want, but If the Jets fall on their faces this year, it's because they went out of their way to put together a bad locker room.

You can't be serious. Give me TALENT any day. Winning solves any problems created by such intangibles as locker room chemistry. We still have plenty of leaders on this team. Nick Mangold, Jim Leonhard, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis and Mark Sanchez are still here last I checked. John Conner has already surpassed Richardson as a player, and had we kept T-Rich, we would have had the same issue as if we'd kept Faneca; we probably would have been forced to start him.

Leadership? Here...

Shaun Ellis... been on this defense forever.

Jerricho Cotchery... Jet for life entering, what, his 5th year? Never any problems on or off the field, quietly goes about his business and leads by example.

Brick and Mangold holding down the O-line....

Kris Jenkins? Hell yeah, dude can lead me into a burning $*&%&*#&^ house...

You can't be serious. Give me TALENT any day. Winning solves any problems created by such intangibles as locker room chemistry. We still have plenty of leaders on this team. Nick Mangold, Jim Leonhard, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis and Mark Sanchez are still here last I checked. John Conner has already surpassed Richardson as a player, and had we kept T-Rich, we would have had the same issue as if we'd kept Faneca; we probably would have been forced to start him.

I believe you have to maintain a certain ratio of character guys v. thugs, and that both are equally necessary toward putting together a winning team. For instance, I always thought both Herm and Mangini went overboard looking for character guys and weeding out headcases. My point here is that, with this team, that ratio is way too heavily slanted toward guys who you wouldn't want in a foxhole with you when the sh*t goes down.

I believe you have to maintain a certain ratio of character guys v. thugs, and that both are equally necessary toward putting together a winning team. For instance, I always thought both Herm and Mangini went overboard looking for character guys and weeding out headcases. My point here is that, with this team, that ratio is way too heavily slanted toward guys who you wouldn't want in a foxhole with you when the sh*t goes down.

I've tried to make this argument--don't bother arguing with Madden '11 crowd. More talent means we beat everybody else. This is why the Redskins have been such a juggernaut for so long.

Like who?

Outside of Braylon Edwards, who at least seems to be heading on the right path, Antonio Cromartie, who also seems on the straight and narrow and whose biggest fault was not keeping his dick in his pants, and Santonio Holmes, who we've seen attempt to mentor Joe McKnight, who are the "troublemakers" on this team?

Bart Scott? A self-made player with more heart and guts than most entire defenses possess who is the HC's handpicked man to teach this defense to his teammates.

Jim Leonhard? The guy who had such a strong understanding of this defense that when playing in Baltimore he was the green dot guy on a defense loaded with All-Pros.

Vernon Gholston? The guy who took a paycut to be on this team and is starting to finally show significant improvement?

Ladianian Tomlinson? The guy who took less money to be a part of this team than Minnesota was offering because he felt this was closer even though the Vikings have a much easier path to the SB through the NFC.

Who? Who are all these "low character" guys the Jets allegedly have?

Archived