DISGUSTED with final cuts / signings!? I am!!

PaJetFan

I literally can't believe I saw this happen today?!?!?

1.) We cut our most tenured and respected veteran leader on offense: T Richardson AND

....Keep the underachieving, no burst Joe McKnight????

2.) We cut the productive, young, tough and explosive Chauncey Washington (perfect for ground and pound) AND

....Sign a slow underachieving wide receiver who just got beat out by two UDFA's from Miami (Turner)?????

Let's be straight - Faneca was great - but getting older, expensive and overrated. So I wasn't totally against getting younger on the line. But the Jets players CAN see what we see: the Jets are cutting players who are either better talents and/or more respected than the players they are keeping and signing. Before today I was angry the jets kept Mcknight, but sucked it up because we saved face by keeping Woodhead, Chauncey Washington and T. Rich. Now I'm flat out disgusted!!

BOTTOM LINE: If the players a whole disagree with too many moves, then when things go wrong ON the field, the Jets could very easily melt down and lose control in the locker room. We could easily have mutiny as a team - rather than staying together. REMEMBER LAST YEAR WHEN WE had TWO THREE GAME LOSING STREAKS??!! All you heard from the players was quiet confidence that the ship would be righted...and look what happened....AFC championship.

Most definitely disgusted.

Washington & T-Rich should still be here.

Clowney I could live with being sh!tcanned.

Yes, we needed a DE so Dixon I understand, and Brown adds some O-Line depth, I just don't understand why the hell we are so dead set on keeping 4 TE's.

What the hell has Matt Mulligan done for this team???

So a young, hungry, overrachieving bruiser gets his shot and he performs like a stud. He smashes the ball through the line as a tailback, crushes people on special teams, causes turnovers, and even recovers fumbles almost miraculously when Santonia Holmes fumbles. Then you cut that guy and rub his face in the mud by keeping an out of shape, overrated and moderately talented 'bust waiting to happen.'

yes I'm talking about Chauncey Washington and Joe Mcknight. I hope the Giants or some other smart organization signs C. Washington and he has some great years (just like Derrick Ward - cut from Jets, starred for Giants). Honestly - I congratulate the team that gains from our stupidity.

AND WE KEEP MULLIGAN??????? WTF?????!!!!!!

did they cut Cotchery, Edwards, Harris, Mangold, Sanchize, Greene, L.T., Cromarte, Holmes or Keller? or D-Brick?

no? ok then we'll be fine

Agreed. If I had to choose, I would have kept T Rich over Clowney. But I won't lose sleep over this as others are. How much motivation in the locker room do these guys need?

• Upvote 1

This Rudy love affair with Danny Woodhead has gone on too far. The guys got heart but cannot endure an NFL season. Im concerned about the current RB situation.

you and other opinionators have no idea what you're talking about. What is Maurice Jones Drew's height and weight VS statistics and durability???? What was Warrick Dunn's height and weight Vs productivity and durability?????? Yes...let's even take Barry Sanders: Playing Height / Weight was 5' 8" 208 (on his rookie card).

I say - every time woodhead is on the field he makes plays. AND he never fumbles, drops passes etc. I don't care if he's DII!! Let his CRAZY a$$ carry the rock - and if gets crushed by some psycho 'backer and dies FINE!!! He wanted his shot. but damnit, give him opportunities to be productive and carry the ball. when he fails / dies FINE. We'll keep signing other young bucks.

you and other opinionators have no idea what you're talking about. What is Maurice Jones Drew's height and weight VS statistics and durability???? What was Warrick Dunn's height and weight Vs productivity and durability?????? Yes...let's even take Barry Sanders: Playing Height / Weight was 5' 8" 208 (on his rookie card).

I say - every time woodhead is on the field he makes plays. AND he never fumbles, drops passes etc. I don't care if he's DII!! Let his CRAZY a$$ carry the rock - and if gets crushed by some psycho 'backer and dies FINE!!! He wanted his shot. but damnit, give him opportunities to be productive and carry the ball. when he fails / dies FINE. We'll keep signing other young bucks.

Im guessing you bought a Woodhead jersey.

let's not turn Washington into a Pro Bowler over one ST tackle.

Though I do agree, should have kept him over Woodhead. It's like they can't see what everybody else does. That Greene WILL miss some time at some point. His style of play dictates this. Then we have LT as an everydown back. Not good. Should have kept the all-around back in Washington.

4 TEs when we are thin at RB?????????? Im gonna guess someone is on their way here. Willie Parker or someone???

Thin at RB? Since when the hell is carrying 4 RBs and a FB thin in the backfield. How many carries do you think that Woodhead or McKnight are even seeing this year if the top two guys stay healthy? If you think that those two guys suck, then what you're saying is that we need to cut one and sign someone better. Where we are unusually thin at is WR and at DL.

let's not turn Washington into a Pro Bowler over one ST tackle.

Though I do agree, should have kept him over Woodhead. It's like they can't see what everybody else does. That Greene WILL miss some time at some point. His style of play dictates this. Then we have LT as an everydown back. Not good. Should have kept the all-around back in Washington.

BINGO!!! and no I don't have a Woodhead Jersey. I have a common sense jersey. By the way - nice way to avoid addressing the great successes of other pro bowl caliber back who happen to be short. You simply can't say that Warrick Dunn, MJD, Barry Sanders OR Danny Woodhead are not capable of handling an NFL season with any success because you have no evidence to disprove this.

Thin at RB? Since when the hell is carrying 4 RBs and a FB thin in the backfield. How many carries do you think that Woodhead or McKnight are even seeing this year if the top two guys stay healthy? If you think that those two guys suck, then what you're saying is that we need to cut one and sign someone better. Where we are unusually thin at is WR and at DL.

The problem is Woodhead and McKnight are basically the same player offensively. With Mcknight at least giving you potentially big play ability.

But the only thing either of them could be good at right now is being filled by LT. 3rd down back out of backfield. We needed to keep a more well rounded back.

And again Greene will get hurt.

Edited by Obrien2Toon

BINGO!!! and no I don't have a Woodhead Jersey. I have a common sense jersey. By the way - nice way to avoid addressing the great successes of other pro bowl caliber back who happen to be short. You simply can't say that Warrick Dunn, MJD, Barry Sanders OR Danny Woodhead are not capable of handling an NFL season with any success because you have no evidence to disprove this.

How the hell can you put Danny Woodhead in the same sentence with Warrick Dunn, MJD, Barry Sanders ... :blink: Better get a refund on that common sense jersey.

The problem is Woodhead and McKnight are basically the same player offensively. With Mcknight at least giving you potentially big play ability.

But the only thing either of them could be good at right now is being filled by LT. 3rd down back out of backfield. We needed to keep a more well rounded back.

And again Greene will get hurt.

The quality of depth is lacking, I agree. He had just made a comment asking why we had 4 TEs when we are lacking another RB. My point is that we have enough RBs on the roster, just that the dropoff in quality is huge after LT.

I find it funny that in one breath people are tired of the hype surrounding the little white boy who could in Danny Woodhead, while simultaneously perpetuating this legend of Chauncey Washington as some sort of great, bruising back. The guy's a scrub who put up scrubby numbers against other scrubs. 20 rushes for 78 yards. Oh, and he had one big hit on special teams. He'll be on the practice squad, and if something happens to one of the Jets other backs they'll be able to activate him for the next week if need be. And that's all you need from this guy.

I have all the respect in the world for TRich, but the man was in decline last year and the Jets spent a 5th rounder on a new FB who looks ready to take the field.

Don't miss David Clowney at all.

Jets had some depth issues on the OL and DL, and addressed them.

The WR is a guy who caught a lot of passes from our QB in college. If he can show the promise that made him a 3rd round pick last year anywhere, it should be on the receiving end of Mark's throws. For the cost of a David Clowney, it's not a bad chance to take. If it's not going well, Lava Coles is always out there for week #2, and Santonio comes back week #5.

So, I know the concerns about having a back who can catch but my thing is, the point of a back is really to run the football and that is always #1 in my book. So I wish we could have kept Jones as a backup to Greene. Greene is injury prone, and if he goes down, Jones could have stepped in and carried the burden. L.T. looks good but he can't do that.

I am so sick of hearing the leadership thing. Alan Faneca could not pass block and has looked terrible in the preseason. He was not worth keeping even though we only saved 2.5 million dollars. Leon was a decent leader but suffered a severe injury and did not want to pay big money to a scat back. We beat Thomas Jones to death last year and I wasn't against bringing him back but I liked LaDainian Tomlinson pass catching abilities. Jay Feely was a good kicker but he wasn't on any team when we grabbed him after Mike Nugent's injury. So its not he is Sebastian Janikowski. We have leaders. Nick Mangold and D Brickashaw Ferguson have to step up into those roles. Jerricho Cotchery and Brandon Moore have been here for years. Shaun Ellis has been here since 2000. I think we will be fine on leadership. No team keeps 2 freaking fullbacks. John Connor outplayed T-Rich and maybe he will be here, but lets not act like we are giving up this fantastic player. He is at the end of his career and good teams do not keep players a year late. If this cleared up money to sign Darrelle Revis then I am all for it.

• Upvote 1

This Chauncey Washington love can't be serious, right? This outpouring of emotion for a guy who averaged less than 4 yards per carry when playing primarily against third string defenses?

This nonsense makes the Brett Ratliff lovefest a couple of years ago look sane.

It's not Chauncey love as much as it is McKnight hate. Keeping McPuke, when he was clearly the less deserving player, sends a sh*tty message to the locker room. It makes all that Rex talk about keeping the best guys, tough guys, look like total bullsh*t, complete hypocrisy.

It's not Chauncey love as much as it is McKnight hate. Keeping McPuke, when he was clearly the less deserving player, sends a sh*tty message to the locker room. It makes all that Rex talk about keeping the best guys, tough guys, look like total bullsh*t, complete hypocrisy.

No it doesn't because the guys in the locker room aren't idiots.

They understand that McKnight is a player the Jets traded up for and traded away a popular player to get so they have to give him more time to prove himself. They also understand that McKnight's failures were mostly against second stringers while Washington's mediocrity was mostly against third stringers so at least McKnight was sucking against guys who will mostly be playing in the NFL this year as opposed to being below average against a bunch of future auto mechanics like Washington was.

No it doesn't because the guys in the locker room aren't idiots.

They understand that McKnight is a player the Jets traded up for and traded away a popular player to get so they have to give him more time to prove himself. They also understand that McKnight's failures were mostly against second stringers while Washington's mediocrity was mostly against third stringers so at least McKnight was sucking against guys who will mostly be playing in the NFL this year as opposed to being below average against a bunch of future auto mechanics like Washington was.

I don't know, Joe. I'd imagine the players in the locker room would be more apt to embrace a guy who is in the pits with them working hard than to embrace a kid who showed up to both minicamp and training camp out of shape (to the point that he was puking) and who was awful when he got his chances. That he's there solely because he was a draft pick doesn't help his case, either. It would be like your boss firing one of your hard-working co-workers and replacing him with his lazy, retarded son-in-law. Would you know why your boss did that? Sure. Would you like it? Hell no.

I don't know, Joe. I'd imagine the players in the locker room would be more apt to embrace a guy who is in the pits with them working hard than to embrace a kid who showed up to both minicamp and training camp out of shape (to the point that he was puking) and who was awful when he got his chances. That he's there solely because he was a draft pick doesn't help his case, either. It would be like your boss firing one of your hard-working co-workers and replacing him with his lazy, retarded son-in-law. Would you know why your boss did that? Sure. Would you like it? Hell no.

Not a single Jet complained about the team not cutting Vernon Gholston. I imagine they won't be outraged at this either. After all, Revis just signed. The lockerroom is euphoric.

The players haven't exactly shat upon Gholston. At least not in the way the fans have.

He doesn't need to be embraced. He's on the team and he needs to work his a$$ off and put Rex in a position where he has to play him.

It's on McKnight. He gets this year. If he doesn't improve, he'll be gone this time next year.

If Chauncey Washington were actually any good I'd be more upset. But it's not like we just cut Johnny Hector in his prime.

Not a single Jet complained about the team not cutting Vernon Gholston. I imagine they won't be outraged at this either. After all, Revis just signed. The lockerroom is euphoric.

The players haven't exactly shat upon Gholston. At least not in the way the fans have.

He doesn't need to be embraced. He's on the team and he needs to work his a$$ off and put Rex in a position where he has to play him.

It's on McKnight. He gets this year. If he doesn't improve, he'll be gone this time next year.

If Chauncey Washington were actually any good I'd be more upset. But it's not like we just cut Johnny Hector in his prime.

I'm not saying that the players are going to flip over tables here, just that they can't love the fact that McKnight is on the roster given what he's looked like, especially if he's the entitled douche that he appears to be. Out of shape and puking? A back? The difference with McKnight and Gholston is that, at the very least, Gholston is in incredible shape and works hard. He just sucks. I can look it up, but there were those anonymous quotes last year about Gholston just not "getting it," or something to that effect. Players will tolerate a guy who tries and sucks, but not one who doesn't give a sh*t.

Joe's right, though. McKnight gets the year (or less, probably) to get in line. Also correct in saying that Washington, as a player, isn't worth crying over.

I'm not saying that the players are going to flip over tables here, just that they can't love the fact that McKnight is on the roster given what he's looked like, especially if he's the entitled douche that he appears to be. Out of shape and puking? A back? The difference with McKnight and Gholston is that, at the very least, Gholston is in incredible shape and works hard. He just sucks. I can look it up, but there were those anonymous quotes last year about Gholston just not "getting it," or something to that effect. Players will tolerate a guy who tries and sucks, but not one who doesn't give a sh*t.

Joe's right, though. McKnight gets the year (or less, probably) to get in line. Also correct in saying that Washington, as a player, isn't worth crying over.

Thing is, Gholston has been given several years of latitude without issue. We're pissed off at McKnight for what, a bad training camp and 4 preseason games? Is it REALLY that surprising and horrific that we'd give a 4th round pick a guaranteed roster spot? I don't recall the business ever operating in a different way; draft picks, except through extraordinary situations, are investments that you don't cut ties with until they have played 1 season at minimum.