Now that Revis is signed, will you support management?

stoicsentry

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you support management?

• Yes
    • No

Now that Revis is signed, will you support management as they attempt to pay players reasonably while not harming the team's chances of long term playoff contention moving forward? Or will you support another holdout in a couple years? (As Revis typically performs 0.5 holdouts per year)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Revis is signed, will you support management as they attempt to pay players reasonably while not harming the team's chances of long term playoff contention moving forward? Or will you support another holdout in a couple years? (As Revis typically performs 0.5 holdouts per year)

Now that Revis is signed, the organization has my full support once again.

I dunno--I think the misinformation needs to stop. The "leaks" from within the oraganization can really twist a fan's perspective on a player, making it hard to take the FO's side in the future. This is why the media-blackout was genius. revis scores a point with that tactic (or his agent does).

Great point. When I would bring up that the Jets "promised" something but refused to comment on it when the media asked, people pushed it off as if it was cool for an organization to not "atleast" clear that up if they didnt. For them to let that linger like that just showed me that what Revis said was accurate.

That was actually my #1 reason why I was supporting Revis on this holdout. There was alot of things said that the Jets simply didnt even have to do.

I dunno--I think the misinformation needs to stop. The "leaks" from within the oraganization can really twist a fan's perspective on a player, making it hard to take the FO's side in the future. This is why the media-blackout was genius. revis scores a point with that tactic (or his agent does).

+1

Management lied and dragged their feet thru the whole process. You can see this organization nickel & diming everyone it can, only giving real guarantees to the player who held out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the structure of this deal, but the average is far less than Aso money.

It's a good deal for Revis if he can void it out again. Jets will've been smart to spread the money out fairly evenly, to prevent a holdout in year four. This way Revis can stage the more traditional, fan approved, not having a contract at all holdout after that.

Tannenbaum, as GM of this team for five years, has led the Jets to a .500 record and is on his second coaching regime. He has been with the organization since 1997, many of them in a high-ranking personnel capacity, particularly during the Herm Edwards Error.

Woody Johnson is a dipsh*t rich boy who just threw many, many long-time fans of this godforsaken franchise out of seats to make room for corporate sponsors that never showed up, then called all of those same fans' houses and begged them to come back. Behind the scenes, reporters and NFL people, including the Giants ownership, consider him to be a joke.

In sum, I will have faith in this management group ONLY when they stop tripping over their feet and embarrassing its fanbase, which they have demonstrated over and over again to not give a sh*t about.

Tannenbaum, as GM of this team for five years, has led the Jets to a .500 record and is on his second coaching regime. He has been with the organization since 1997, many of them in a high-ranking personnel capacity, particularly during the Herm Edwards Error.

Woody Johnson is a dipsh*t rich boy who just threw many, many long-time fans of this godforsaken franchise out of seats to make room for corporate sponsors that never showed up, then called all of those same fans' houses and begged them to come back. Behind the scenes, reporters and NFL people, including the Giants ownership, consider him to be a joke.

In sum, I will have faith in this management group ONLY when they stop tripping over their feet and embarrassing its fanbase, which they have demonstrated over and over again to not give a sh*t about.

He's also had 2 playoff appearances and 2 playoff wins a half hour away from a SB...and we both know it should have been more playoff births...its not like he is playing.

I'd say Mikey T has got us the best group of talent I've seen since Parcells, maybe better.

I don't know where you get that from. There is no indication the Jets lied to Revis or the media about anything. The only one caught in a lie was Revis and, somewhat, his agent as well.

My notifications all say "Sperm Edwards."

The Jets manipulated the media, controlled the message, and will do so again next time. Revis took a hit by avoiding the Hard Knocks cameras and staying out of the press.

The Jets manipulated the media, controlled the message, and will do so again next time. Revis took a hit by avoiding the Hard Knocks cameras and staying out of the press.

what about the leak last week about revis never being a jet again ?

I'm still pissed T rich is gone. So no.

The great sports organizations know how to make the tough calls(unpopular)when it's time to move on to younger talent. Montana with the 49ers Shaq with the Lakers even Landry with the cowboys. Not popular moves with the base but all = championships. I like the fact the we can make the tough call when needed I feel it's the mark of strong front office.

I don't doubt for a second they Jets leaked stuff through the media (as Revis did). Every team does.

But you said the Jets lied and dragged their feet. What did they lie about?

Isn't that what they are supposed to do?

I would love to play poker with slats. I am sure he plays with his hole cards face up. :rolleyes:

Never once said that they weren't doing what they should - only that they did. Said all along that both sides had to act in their own best interests.

The Revis is an evil greedy diva crowd seemed to think that Revis should also do what was in the team's best interests rather than his own. Some sort of naivete about honor in professional sports. rolleyes.gif

+1

Management lied and dragged their feet thru the whole process. You can see this organization nickel & diming everyone it can, only giving real guarantees to the player who held out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the structure of this deal, but the average is far less than Aso money.

It's a good deal for Revis if he can void it out again. Jets will've been smart to spread the money out fairly evenly, to prevent a holdout in year four. This way Revis can stage the more traditional, fan approved, not having a contract at all holdout after that.

It is OK to extract your head from Darrell's a$$ now...

Never once said that they weren't doing what they should - only that they did. Said all along that both sides had to act in their own best interests.

The Revis is an evil greedy diva crowd seemed to think that Revis should also do what was in the team's best interests rather than his own. Some sort of naivete about honor in professional sports. rolleyes.gif

did you hear what mangold had to say about coming to camp to help the LG situation ? :rolleyes:

mangold is your kryptonite :D

did you hear what mangold had to say about coming to camp to help the LG situation ? :rolleyes:

Revis sitting out didn't hurt the Kyle Wilson situation. It probably helped. He got a lot more reps against starters as a result.

The OL needs to work as unit, CB's need to work as islands. smile.gif

Tanny's master Jew (this is coming from one), and I want that kind of person running my team.

What does your dumbass religion got to do with anything?

Funny how you Jewbags are always first to discriminate.

I'm still waiting to see if Nick Folk sucks or not, before I judge our management.

Revis sitting out didn't hurt the Kyle Wilson situation. It probably helped. He got a lot more reps against starters as a result.

The OL needs to work as unit, CB's need to work as islands. smile.gif

It lessens Pace injury as the lessened pass rush wont expose the secondary as badly with Revis back.

Archived