Now that Revis is signed, will you support management?

stoicsentry

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will you support management?

• Yes
    • No

I'm pretty sure Tannenbaum acknowledged on several occasions that they'd approached Revis after the AFCCG about redoing his contract.

For the record, I support Rex Ryan

He did, some people are just naive enough to think Tanny said he'd make him the highest paid CB in the game.

Many people are pretty sure about alot of things, many people are naive as well, but many still ignore what was said back in april. Revis stated specifically what the Jets organization told him and that they wanted to make him the "highest paid at his position" as well as to "make him a Jet for life"...a statement that when asked by the media the Jets organization neither denied or confirmed.

If you leave it up in the air like that then I dont call it being naive, maybe some would, however I call it taking Revis at his word especially since the organization didnt want to touch the subject publicly.

Whatever, it doesnt matter anyway. He's here and im ready for a superbowl. Nothing naive about that statement given that most would agree.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people are pretty sure about alot of things, many people are naive as well, but many still ignore what was said back in april. Revis stated specifically what the Jets organization told him and that they wanted to make him the "highest paid at his position" as well as to "make him a Jet for life"...a statement that when asked by the media the Jets organization neither denied or confirmed.

If you leave it up in the air like that then I dont call it being naive, maybe some would, however I call it taking Revis at his word especially since the organization didnt want to touch the subject publicly.

Whatever, it doesnt matter anyway. He's here and im ready for a superbowl. Nothing naive about that statement given that most would agree.

The Jets have addressed that they said what they meant was the total value of the contract would have been the highest ever for a cornerback. The $120M/10y offer would have been the highest ever for a cornerback. Its not fair for you to call them liars.

He did, some people are just naive enough to think Tanny said he'd make him the highest paid CB in the game.

The Jets have addressed that they said what they meant was the total value of the contract would have been the highest ever for a cornerback. The $120M/10y offer would have been the highest ever for a cornerback. Its not fair for you to call them liars.

Hmmm... someone's going off the reservation.

What I've learned is that it is fair to call the player a liar, and that even suggesting the idea that there was possibly a miscommunication between Team Revis and Jets management on what the definition of highest paid is, is a pro-Revis, anti-American, impossible to fathom point of view.

What I've learned is that it is fair to call the player a liar, and that even suggesting the idea that there was possibly a miscommunication between Team Revis and Jets management on what the definition of highest paid is, is a pro-Revis, anti-American, impossible to fathom point of view.

I never called Revis a liar, never said any of this was anti-American either.

In fact I said the Jets did not come out and call him a liar, as it would have done no good.

Sure there could have been a miscommunication...

But it's funny how what comes out of Revis' mouth regarding this is believed, when so many choose not to believe so many other things that came out of his mouth during all this.

I never called Revis a liar, never said any of this was anti-American either.

In fact I said the Jets did not come out and call him a liar, as it would have done no good.

Sure there could have been a miscommunication...

But it's funny how what comes out of Revis' mouth regarding this is believed, when so many choose not to believe so many other things that came out of his mouth during all this.

:rl:

If you struggle this much with sarcasm, it's no wonder that you have trouble deciphering negotiation-speak.

No one is to be believed during the act of negotiating. Everyone is posturing. Revis was posturing with the Aso money demand, just like the Jets were posturing by pretending that they'd be just fine without him. The truth came out when the process was done: Revis was always willing to sign for less than Aso, and the Jets were never going to be fine without him.

This thread makes me want to puke. Reading this thing makes me believe that you guys would prefer if Revis wasnt signed so you could argue over nothing for the rest of the year.

How bout this, none of you knew anything about the situation and you still dont know sh*t.

Move on...he's here and will be ready to play on MNF.

This thread makes me want to puke. Reading this thing makes me believe that you guys would prefer if Revis wasnt signed so you could argue over nothing for the rest of the year.

How bout this, none of you knew anything about the situation and you still dont know sh*t.

Thank you for not using Mevi$. That's a sign right there that we're all healing. :)

Clearly, it's because Woody and Tannenbaum are the avatars of integrity and good-faith dealing.

Might be a post of the year candidate here. Well said, brother.

:rl:

If you struggle this much with sarcasm, it's no wonder that you have trouble deciphering negotiation-speak.

No one is to be believed during the act of negotiating. Everyone is posturing. Revis was posturing with the Aso money demand, just like the Jets were posturing by pretending that they'd be just fine without him. The truth came out when the process was done: Revis was always willing to sign for less than Aso, and the Jets were never going to be fine without him.

Interesting, meanwhile Revis has said several times since the deal got done that right up to the Woody/Rex visit, he was holding out for Aso money and he would have stayed out the whole year trying to get it.

Even more interesting, he has not said he was holding out for Aso money, because that's what Tanny promised him.

Last I checked when a deal is done negotiation is over, so why in the world would this be negotiation-speak? And why no mention of the Tanny promise?

No struggle here, but still funny how you cherry pick what and what's not true regarding the words that come out of Revis' mouth.

Watch Jets Game Plan on SNY, the interview with Adm Schien, plenty of cherries for you to pick there.

Not claiming to know anything, just going by what Revis has said since.

He's saying it with his own mouth, there is nothing to argue anymore, but some still know better.

If only I had the decider mechanism, which tells you what you can and can not go on, now that negotiations are over.

Interesting, meanwhile Revis has said several times since the deal got done that right up to the Woody/Rex visit, he was holding out for Aso money and he would have stayed out the whole year trying to get it.

Even more interesting, he has not said he was holding out for Aso money, because that's what Tanny promised him.

Last I checked when a deal is done negotiation is over, so why in the world would this be negotiation-speak? And why no mention of the Tanny promise?

No struggle here, but still funny how you cherry pick what and what's not true regarding the words that come out of Revis' mouth.

Watch Jets Game Plan on SNY, the interview with Adm Schien, plenty of cherries for you to pick there.

True, this is different from negotiation speak. This is, instead, public relations.

Revis is defending his hold out by saying he's worth Aso money, but demonstrating what a wonderful human being he is by accepting less.

He just signed a 4 year/$46M contract, there's no reason for him to tarnish Tannenbaum - just like the Jets have nothing but wonderful things to say about Revis now. Both sides know that they're going to be back at this in less than three years. For Revis' part, he's making nice with the Jets while simultaneously letting everyone know that he hasn't forgotten that he's the best and deserves to be paid like the best.

Taking anything, any of these guys say at face value -as far as contracts go- is a mistake.

Just like the Jets hamming it up for the HBO cameras that they're going to win plenty of games without Revis. If they really believed that, they would've let him rot.

Actions speak louder than words. That's where the truth lies here. Revis signed for less, and the Jets made sure they signed him.

True, this is different from negotiation speak. This is, instead, public relations.

Revis is defending his hold out by saying he's worth Aso money, but demonstrating what a wonderful human being he is by accepting less.

He just signed a 4 year/$46M contract, there's no reason for him to tarnish Tannenbaum - just like the Jets have nothing but wonderful things to say about Revis now. Both sides know that they're going to be back at this in less than three years. For Revis' part, he's making nice with the Jets while simultaneously letting everyone know that he hasn't forgotten that he's the best and deserves to be paid like the best.

Taking anything, any of these guys say at face value -as far as contracts go- is a mistake.

Just like the Jets hamming it up for the HBO cameras that they're going to win plenty of games without Revis. If they really believed that, they would've let him rot.

Actions speak louder than words. That's where the truth lies here. Revis signed for less, and the Jets made sure they signed him.

Of course it is slats, but according to some he was honest when he said Tanny promised him, but now he's being disingenuous. :rolleyes:

So if he was so honest regarding the promise, how come he does not stick to it now? What's Tanny going to cut him?

You honestly don't believe this is going to make the next negotiation, all cake and roses.

I know they both moved toward the middle, and I'm happy it got done, but need him or not, it sure did not look like they were going to sign him had he not come down.

i hear ya, but if jets intended all along, why the hell not do it a week earlier to get him 1 extra week of practice so he would be in game shape week 1..they are takin gamble with rusty revis vs maybe best team we play all year in week...

Of course it is slats, but according to some he was honest when he said Tanny promised him, but now he's being disingenuous. :rolleyes:

So if he was so honest regarding the promise, how come he does not stick to it now? What's Tanny going to cut him?

I'd sweep that under the rug as a misunderstanding. Tanny said he'd make him the highest paid meaning total compensation, Revis heard highest paid meaning per year.

What benefit does it serve him (or you) to harp on that now? The deal's done. Now's the time to make nice, not to say, "yeah, I took this lousy $46M, but Tannenbaum's a liar!" What would be the point of that?

You honestly don't believe this is going to make the next negotiation, all cake and roses.

I know they both moved toward the middle, and I'm happy it got done, but need him or not, it sure did not look like they were going to sign him had he not come down.

Or the Jets come up, perhaps?

Again, no one really knows where the two sides were the day before Rex went to Revis in Florida, but I tend to doubt the Jets had the minimum 1 year/$21M guarantee in a much earlier offer. We saw by the construction of his deal, and Mangold and Ferguson's for that matter, that the Jets were not interested in handing out big money this year at all. They got creative with Revis' guarantees.

Next negotiation is going to be tough, too. Revis is telling you he still deserves top pay. That's not going to change.

i hear ya, but if jets intended all along, why the hell not do it a week earlier to get him 1 extra week of practice so he would be in game shape week 1..they are takin gamble with rusty revis vs maybe best team we play all year in week...

If they were willing to give him the bonus money you promised him in your open letter, they would've had this done weeks ago. ;)

Thank you for not using Mevi$. That's a sign right there that we're all healing. :)

Typo.

Might be a post of the year candidate here. Well said, brother.

I've always like you. Dont get why everyone else hates you. You're like my brother from another mother.

Not claiming to know anything, just going by what Revis has said since.

He's saying it with his own mouth, there is nothing to argue anymore, but some still know better.

If only I had the decider mechanism, which tells you what you can and can not go on, now that negotiations are over.

Its over...move on...

I'd sweep that under the rug as a misunderstanding. Tanny said he'd make him the highest paid meaning total compensation, Revis heard highest paid meaning per year.

What benefit does it serve him (or you) to harp on that now? The deal's done. Now's the time to make nice, not to say, "yeah, I took this lousy $46M, but Tannenbaum's a liar!" What would be the point of that?

Again, no one really knows where the two sides were the day before Rex went to Revis in Florida, but I tend to doubt the Jets had the minimum 1 year/$21M guarantee in a much earlier offer. We saw by the construction of his deal, and Mangold and Ferguson's for that matter, that the Jets were not interested in handing out big money this year at all. They got creative with Revis' guarantees.

Next negotiation is going to be tough, too. Revis is telling you he still deserves top pay. That's not going to change.

I totally agree.

The only reason I got back into this discussion was because I thought it was naive to think that Tanny promised Revis he'd pay him more than Aso's making now for life, and that's what the holdout was about.

Obviously it is naive, but apparently if enough people believe it, it's not and it's a good measuring stick to choose stances over. :blink:

To interject here, I don't even think it's a question if coming honor down, necessarily. But, I'd bet a bunch of money (based on the Mangold and Brick contracts) that no incarnation of the deals the Jets were offering Revis included Woody having to sign checks totaling $30+ mil over the next two years. That's the one that Revis signed and, IMO, it may very well be the one he would have signed three weeks ago, if offered.

As far as his future negotiation, if he's still the best corner in the league, the Jets should be happy to have that problem.

To interject here, I don't even think it's a question if coming honor down, necessarily. But, I'd bet a bunch of money (based on the Mangold and Brick contracts) that no incarnation of the deals the Jets were offering Revis included Woody having to sign checks totaling $30+ mil over the next two years. That's the one that Revis signed and, IMO, it may very well be the one he would have signed three weeks ago, if offered.

Again this contradicts allot of what has been said since the deal got done, which is fine, anythings possible, but nobody should be acting like any of this is fact.

Especially since almost nobody is taking anyone's word on anything regarding any of this.

As far as his future negotiation, if he's still the best corner in the league, the Jets should be happy to have that problem.

True.

Its fair to have my opinion when they were asked the question in during OTA's. They did not, I repeat, did not offer 120M/10Y during OTA's when the statement was made and the media confronted the Jets F/O on the subject.

If they did then I'd be wrong for having my opinion, but they didnt...so what im saying isnt all too bad. Also, I didnt call them "liars" I said that they neither confirmed or denied...which made me stick with what revis said as the truth. Lying would be them denying it knowing that they said it.

Its fair to have my opinion when they were asked the question in during OTA's. They did not, I repeat, did not offer 120M/10Y during OTA's when the statement was made and the media confronted the Jets F/O on the subject.

If they did then I'd be wrong for having my opinion, but they didnt...so what im saying isnt all too bad. Also, I didnt call them "liars" I said that they neither confirmed or denied...which made me stick with what revis said as the truth. Lying would be them denying it knowing that they said it.

Denying it would have done more bad than good for negotiations. What possible good could come from calling him a liar?

Just because the Jets chose not to make things worse, does not make what Revis said true.

Also it very well could have been a misunderstanding, where the Jets meant overall, and Revis thought per year.

I can't really believe that a guy (Tanny) that has done such a good job assembling this team, was stupid enough to mean $16+ mill for life.

Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can believe that, and Revis who has said he was holding out for Aso money several times since, has not once said it was because Tanny promised him that.

Denying it would have done more bad than good for negotiations. What possible good could come from calling him a liar?

Denying it would have confirmed the situation. Leaving it open to one's interpretation is what the Jets allowed.

Just because the Jets chose not to make things worse, does not make what Revis said true.

Just because you look at the situation that way (one's interpretation) doesnt make Revis a Liar. The bottomline is you have no proof that he lied because the Jets refused on multiple occassions to address it. Revis on the other hand seemed pretty knowledgable of the situation, even down to when they approached him about it.

Also it very well could have been a misunderstanding, where the Jets meant overall, and Revis thought per year.

Good point Brooklyn. However, the Jets didnt offer him 120M back in April, if they did then he probably would have made it to training camp. Also, if it was a "misunderstanding" then that means that they "said it".

I can't really believe that a guy (Tanny) that has done such a good job assembling this team, was stupid enough to mean $16+ mill for life.

I cant believe that Tanny would pull on a players chain like that and almost cost himself a future HOF and possibly the best CB to ever play the position simply for telling the player one thing, not offering 120M in the spring and letting this drag out during the entire preseason. He's not stupid, but he is lucky because if it wasnt for Rex he would have lost this one.

Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone can believe that, and Revis who has said he was holding out for Aso money several times since, has not once said it was because Tanny promised him that.

Revis stated that he was holding out for Aso money only after he was confronted by the organization about being the highest paid CB in the game. Techinically, he was trying to hold them by their word.

P.S. Its been a while since we spoke to one another civil like. I like this approach much more. You're too cool for me to continue with the "back and forth". Revis is here, lets kiss and make up already.

Denying it would have confirmed the situation. Leaving it open to one's interpretation is what the Jets allowed.

Which was better than calling him a liar and making things worse. Good for them for caring more about the outcome than one's interpretation.

Just because you look at the situation that way (one's interpretation) doesnt make Revis a Liar. The bottomline is you have no proof that he lied because the Jets refused on multiple occassions to address it. Revis on the other hand seemed pretty knowledgable of the situation, even down to when they approached him about it.

I never said he was a liar, I said it did not make what he said true, there could have been a misunderstanding.

Good point Brooklyn. However, the Jets didnt offer him 120M back in April, if they did then he probably would have made it to training camp. Also, if it was a "misunderstanding" then that means that they "said it".

Not at all, there did not have to be any offer on the table. There were no Aso money offers either! Nobody knows what was said, you act like it had to be your way, that's ridiculous.

Tanny could have easy been talking about total, while Revis was thinking per year, without any offers being made. If this conversation ever even happened.

I cant believe that Tanny would pull on a players chain like that and almost cost himself a future HOF and possibly the best CB to ever play the position simply for telling the player one thing, not offering 120M in the spring and letting this drag out during the entire preseason. He's not stupid, but he is lucky because if it wasnt for Rex he would have lost this one.

You can't be serious! Revis has said several times since the deal was done that he was holding out for Aso money, and was willing to miss the whole year if he did not get it.

He said he came off that when Rex and Woody visited him. He ended up signing for $11.5 a year, you think maybe just maybe that has something to do with it?

Revis stated that he was holding out for Aso money only after he was confronted by the organization about being the highest paid CB in the game. Techinically, he was trying to hold them by their word.

Dude he's still saying it, he has been saying it in every interview since the deal was done. However he's not still saying Tanny promised him that in these interviews.

P.S. Its been a while since we spoke to one another civil like. I like this approach much more. You're too cool for me to continue with the "back and forth". Revis is here, lets kiss and make up already.

No kisses, no more back and forth. I think you are not being objective here at all, and that's fine. I wanted a deal to get done, but not for crazy Al Aso money, and that's what happened.

You said he would get his money and saw me as a hater for wanting it to be reasonable. He got $11.5 a year, lets just leave it at that.

Archived