3. Kellen Clemens Oregon

4. Drew Olson UCLA

5. Paul Pinegar Fresno State

6. Charlie Whitehurst Clemson

7. Brodie Croyle Alabama

8. Darrell Hackney UAB

9. Justin Holland Colorado State

10. Brett Basanez Northwestern

Give me a break Brodie Croyle is arguably at a bare minimum the 2nd best on this list. Bit63, do people actually pay u for this analysis. If so I want to party with you cowboy.

Top 10

Rank Name School

1. Matt Leinart Southern California

2. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt

3. Kellen Clemens Oregon

4. Drew Olson UCLA

5. Paul Pinegar Fresno State

6. Charlie Whitehurst Clemson

7. Brodie Croyle Alabama

8. Darrell Hackney UAB

9. Justin Holland Colorado State

10. Brett Basanez Northwestern

Give me a break Brodie Croyle is arguably at a bare minimum the 2nd best on this list. Bit63, do people actually pay u for this analysis. If so I want to party with you cowboy.

In defense of the list, Bama's offense has really gone stagnant since the WR (I forget his name) went out with a broken leg. I would think that an "elite" qb should do a little more than that. Isn't he a little "china dollish" too?

To Riggo's credit, he was calling Cutler early on, and he has proven very good. That boy is a leader and can absorb a hit.

also FYI i deal with the OL/DL rankings mostly if you have a problem with the QB rankings talk to R44.

Im sure he would legitimately like to discuss the feedback.

Isn't he a little "china dollish" too?

LOL it's my understanding that Croyle wear's Namath's number and also has his bad knees.

In defense of the list, Bama's offense has really gone stagnant since the WR (I forget his name) went out with a broken leg. I would think that an "elite" qb should do a little more than that. Isn't he a little "china dollish" too?

To Riggo's credit, he was calling Cutler early on, and he has proven very good. That boy is a leader and can absorb a hit.

Sd- Your analysis is a bit flawed

ML has had the best core of WR's in the country for the past few years, Colbert, M Williams Reggie Bush, Jarrett.... Bama had Prothro who is in Bush's class as a wr, Would love to see ML perform without Bush! name me 1 Bama wr that has made it big, during Croyle's reign as QB?

Sd- Your analysis is a bit flawed

ML has had the best core of WR's in the country for the past few years, Colbert, M Williams Reggie Bush, Jarrett.... Bama had Prothro who is in Bush's class as a wr, Would love to see ML perform without Bush! name me 1 Bama wr that has made it big, during Croyle's reign as QB?

What disturbs me is that the Bama offense, since Prothro's injury has declined to nothing but Field goals th elast several weeks.

That is a marked decline.

I have seen some very good college QB's make names with average WR's.

After Leinart, there is a marked decline in QB's in this draft. Maybe you could throw the next 6 in a barrel and toss them around, and it wouldn't make a difference.

err... i don't think they're ranking where they'll get taken - i think they're ranking based on the quality of the player.

did you go to 'bama, or do you live there?

You surround BC with Bush Jarrett and steve smith and you have the Heisman trophy winner is Tuscaloosa.

Croyle is a fierce leader, has a gun and can run, even with the past knee issues.

He is JWN reincarnated. He will be a very good pro.

Let's hope he does not come to NYJ, cause he will get killed with this OL.

You surround BC with Bush Jarrett and steve smith and you have the Heisman trophy winner is Tuscaloosa.

Croyle is a fierce leader, has a gun and can run, even with the past knee issues.

He is JWN reincarnated. He will be a very good pro.

Let's hope he does not come to NYJ, cause he will get killed with this OL.

I could say the same about Michael Robinson :lol:

there are some who think Basanez is the best non-Leinart QB in the country after last week's game - it's all relative

Asmof - if you are a croyle fan, instead of focusing on the ranking you should be focusing on the fact that out of 250+ starting QB's in 1-A, 1-AA and wherever else Riggo and I see him as roughly 7th. Not too shabby. If you are going to US News and World Report's 7th ranked college you are going to either Cal Tech or MIT (and are probably a super genius). Not anything to be ashamed of there.

keep in mind this is very preliminary, as these guys workout, get measured, run 40's and get medical examinations in the draft offseason, these rankings are bound to change.

I could say the same about Michael Robinson :lol:

who is MR?

My point to this is? If you are going to rank players do it right ,when you list BC as 7th best QB, It tells me that this site is worthless. Bama has

suffered thru some miserable coaches (dubose and Franchione) and been hit by many loss of scholarships.

BC has righted this ship and he will be drafted no later than rd 2. IMHO ML is way overrated due to the talent assembled in pasadena. Caroll has loaded this team with speed and talent at skill positions. ML does not possess the arm strength to get to next level.

there are some who think Basanez is the best non-Leinart QB in the country after last week's game - it's all relative

Asmof - if you are a croyle fan, instead of focusing on the ranking you should be focusing on the fact that out of 250+ starting QB's in 1-A, 1-AA and wherever else Riggo and I see him as roughly 7th. Not too shabby. If you are going to US News and World Report's 7th ranked college you are going to either Cal Tech or MIT (and are probably a super genius). Not anything to be ashamed of there.

keep in mind this is very preliminary, as these guys workout, get measured, run 40's and get medical

examinations in the draft offseason, these rankings are bound to change.[/quote

To have Jay Cutler ranked over BC is a mockery. If you are going to spend the time to do this, do it right. Bama does not have half the Talent at Skill

positions as USC does. Their Playmaker Prothro was

their best offensive weapon. he was Bama's reggie bush. Also playing vs SEC caliber Defenses is a little bit different than playing Pac10 and Notre Dame. How many points did MSU get playing irish?

also keep in mind that traditionally QB is the hardest position to scout in the NFL. Every year players are taken with extremely high picks, given huge contracts and end up the next Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, (dare I say it - Chad Pennington) etc. These guys were supposed to be franchise caliber picks. It's just not easy to pick QB's from college ranks and project their NFL talent. Guys alot smarter than me screw it up every year.

For a comparison from DraftCountdown- this list includes juniors on it

1. Matt Leinart Southern Cal 6-5 225 4.80

2. Omar Jacobs Bowling Green 6-4 226 n/a

3. Vince Young Texas 6-5 233 n/a

4. Jay Cutler Vanderbilt 6-4 225 4.80

5. Reggie McNeal Texas A&M 6-2 206 n/a

6. Charlie Whitehurst Clemson 6-4 220 n/a

7. Darrell Hackney U.A.B. 6-2 240 n/a

8. Kellen Clemens Oregon 6-2 218 n/a

9. Paul Pinegar Fresno St. 6-4 220 n/a

10. Brodie Croyle Alabama 6-3 205 n/a

11. Bruce Gradkowski Toledo 6-2 210 n/a

12. Brad Smith Missouri 6-2 210 n/a

13. Erik Meyer Eastern Washington 6-2 210 5.05

14. D.J. Shockley Georgia 6-1 206 n/a

15. Josh Betts Miami (OH) 6-3 225 n/a

16. Justin Holland Colorado St. 6-3 207 n/a

17. Brett Basanez Northwestern 6-2 215 n/a

18. Quinton Porter Boston College 6-5 233 n/a

19. Kent Smith Central Michigan 6-5 215 n/a

also keep in mind that traditionally QB is the hardest position to scout in the NFL. Every year players are taken with extremely high picks, given huge contracts and end up the next Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, (dare I say it - Chad Pennington) etc. These guys were supposed to be franchise caliber picks. It's just not easy to pick QB's from college ranks and project their NFL talent. Guys alot smarter than me screw it up every year.

Why does everyone give David Carr a free pass? He should be on that list too. As should Patrick Ramsey.

And Bama's offense blows. That QB shouldn't be a top five senior. I trust Rig's analysis. I watched that "awesome" field goal fest between Bama and Tennessee last week, after I got off work. Man, was it ever horrid. I think the WR, Prothro, made the offense go. And to make comparisons to Matt Leinhert is assinine. Matt's never had an injury as serious as Croyle's, and he's been a top QB for three years now. And, also a Heisman winner. Yeah, Leinhert has talent around him, but he helped make that talent. He can torch people on the pass, and is a field general (at least at the college level). He makes the run game work (and Reggie Bush is a Running Back, not a WR). In many games this year, both Bush and White have had 100 yard games this year. So, to compare Croyle to Leinhert is basically dumb. But, desperate times, desperate measures, I suppose.

And Bit, I know I usually help you guys with the Big 10 guys, but man, I've been working during football season. I haven't caught a game since mid-September. So, I'm sorry about that. They're usually done and over after my shift, unless I'm only working til 2.

Assmop, why are you bent that Bit and Rigs don't give your boy credit anyway? Why does their opinion mean so much to you? Is it a validation thing?

By the by, how's the kind in Jacksonville doing? Is he breaking NFL records yet?

Why does everyone give David Carr a free pass? He should be on that list too. As should Patrick Ramsey.

And Bama's offense blows. That QB shouldn't be a top five senior. I trust Rig's analysis. I watched that "awesome" field goal fest between Bama and Tennessee last week, after I got off work. Man, was it ever horrid. I think the WR, Prothro, made the offense go. And to make comparisons to Matt Leinhert is assinine. Matt's never had an injury as serious as Croyle's, and he's been a top QB for three years now. And, also a Heisman winner. Yeah, Leinhert has talent around him, but he helped make that talent. He can torch people on the pass, and is a field general (at least at the college level). He makes the run game work (and Reggie Bush is a Running Back, not a WR). In many games this year, both Bush and White have had 100 yard games this year. So, to compare Croyle to Leinhert is basically dumb. But, desperate times, desperate measures, I suppose.

And Bit, I know I usually help you guys with the Big 10 guys, but man, I've been working during football season. I haven't caught a game since mid-September. So, I'm sorry about that. They're usually done and over after my shift, unless I'm only working til 2.

Assmop, why are you bent that Bit and Rigs don't give your boy credit anyway? Why does their opinion mean so much to you? Is it a validation thing?

By the by, how's the kind in Jacksonville doing? Is he breaking NFL records yet?

Who is Jax Kind? If you mean MJ, the kid is a stud and will be in Pro Bowl next year. Delrio is too

conservative right now. Did you see his 1 handed TD catch?

We shall see about my man BC, I did not know that Bush does not catch passes, it must be my imagination!

Who is Jax Kind? If you mean MJ, the kid is a stud and will be in Pro Bowl next year. Delrio is too

conservative right now. Did you see his 1 handed TD catch?

We shall see about my man BC, I did not know that Bush does not catch passes, it must be my imagination!

You claimed that Bush was a Wide Out, which is false. He's a running back. He's in the mould of Marshall Faulk. He's a multi-demensional threat. Yes, he makes Leinhert that much better, but Leinhert was good to being with.

And yeah, I was speaking of Jones. Sorry I had a typo, that you couldn't decifer that kind meant kid. And yeah, you said he'd be shattering receiving records this year. He has 12 catches. 12 catches in six games. Yup... pure stud. My freakin hero.

Archived