Draft daddy ratings of senior QBS is a joke

afosomf

Why does everyone give David Carr a free pass? He should be on that list too. As should Patrick Ramsey.

well the list was off the top of my head but agreed about Ramsey. Carr is a little different case, it could be argued that the franchise didn't really give him the best chance to succeed. He's been brutalized to the point that he may never live up to those expectations. But yeah for the most part he didn't live up to the expectations of #1 overall. It would not be crazy to consider him a bust. That being said the Texans did not select Harrington at that spot and for that at least they should be saluted. Carr is at least better than Harrington.

well the list was off the top of my head but agreed about Ramsey. Carr is a little different case, it could be argued that the franchise didn't really give him the best chance to succeed. He's been brutalized to the point that he may never live up to those expectations. But yeah for the most part he didn't live up to the expectations of #1 overall. It would not be crazy to consider him a bust. That being said the Texans did not select Harrington at that spot and for that at least they should be saluted. Carr is at least better than Harrington.

How is it that Carr wasn't given a chance, yet Harrington was? Bit, trust me on this, you know sh*t about Harrington. Mooch is a horrible coach. Joey had just about as much a chance to succeed as Carr has had. Carr is just as bad. And, to give him a free pass, after four years, is just disgusting.

afosomf, sorry you feel that way about the site. I do over 90% of the written content and try to do the impossible: As a fan (not a pro scout), try to project college prospects way ahead of the draft.

So when criticize the site's content, your mostly aiming your venom at me :lol:

This is an almost impossible task, but lets get this straight: No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to look at the site, as EB50 suggested....But many do. At it's peak times during the season, it gets between 10 and 20 thousand hits a day and rising -- hence the paid banner ads from Motorola, New York Times, Shell Oil, ect.....I guess you can "party with Philly Cowboy Bitonti" now =D>

As far as Croyle, maybe you are right --considering we both work, who has time to update the rankings every day and fill in other aspects of the site?....I wouldn't mind bumping Brody to #5, but not sure about him going higher, mainly due to the injury factors, but that's just an opinion. As SD noted, everyone has one and they mostly differ.

Jetwin, I'd say Brady Quinn would be 1 or 2, at least.....we don't rank juniors....90% of draft sites, for example, had Earnest Shazor of Michigan and Brandon Browner as lock #1 picks in November of 2004, both left early and went undrafted :oops:

We get plenty of feedback from players and their famlies. Whether our site has "credibility" in afosomf mind or not, players and their famlies do read these sites....No need to project players that aren't seniors and help push them into bad decision's....So we lay off the juniors.

Thanks SD and Tenn Jet on Cutler....Hey, I like the kids ability. NFL teams like him too, or they wouldn't have tagged with a 3rd projection after his junior season, when he thought about coming out....He doesn'tt play with SEC talent on offense, so it's tough.

GOB, we posted something on EMU WR's today in DD.com's draft notes. Bohnet and his brother (a TE) both fall short of the top 10 at their positions.....Kevin Howe, a defensive lineman for the Eagles is a quality junior, but may be smallish for the NFL.

afosomf should enjoy the EMU WR link--- he's from Quebec, afosomf area of the world, I think.

Don't fret anything Shadow, you've helped us a lot and we appreciate it all.....truly.

generally i would agree that neither is a franchise caliber QB right now and hence a bust - but i think the difference of opinion has something to do with the insane amount of sacks Carr has taken. The guy gets brutalized on a weekly basis. Harrington has had for the most part better talent around him, better protection and better opportunity. Neither are much to write home about at this point. And no i don't consider myself to be a QB expert in general this is just my perception based on the judgments of others.

generally i would agree that neither is a franchise caliber QB right now and hence a bust - but i think the difference of opinion has something to do with the insane amount of sacks Carr has taken. The guy gets brutalized on a weekly basis. Harrington has had for the most part better talent around him, better protection and better opportunity. Neither are much to write home about at this point. And no i don't consider myself to be a QB expert in general this is just my perception based on the judgments of others.

Holy crap. Please tell me you didn't use the better protection line. And the better talent. And better oppertunity? Please.

At every oppertunity, Mooch has bashed Joey. Every single one. He has never given the kid a confidence boost. Better protection? Joey gets rid of the ball quickly. He doesn't hold on to it. So, he doesn't take a sack. He still takes an incredible beating. Trust me. Up until mid September, I had seen every single Lions game. Joey took quite a beating. And better talent? Says who? Name value? Charles Rogers has played 8 games. Roy Williams was injured half the season last year, and just quit on Joey. Mike Williams is raw, very raw. And, mind you, head to head, Joey beat David!

So, I will disagree with you that Joey was given the world, while Carr was given nothing. No, it's quite the opposite. Harrington as never given a chance to succeed. And, the Lions don't have talent. Don't ever mistake what they have for talent. They're quitters, stoners, and just raw. And their offensive line would be better suited to be replaced with orange cones.

afosomf, sorry you feel that way about the site. I do over 90% of the written content and try to do the impossible: As a fan (not a pro scout), try to project college prospects way ahead of the draft.

So when criticize the site's content, your mostly aiming your venom at me :lol:

This is an almost impossible task, but lets get this straight: No one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to look at the site, as EB50 suggested....But many do. At it's peak times during the season, it gets between 10 and 20 thousand hits a day and rising -- hence the paid banner ads from Motorola, New York Times, Shell Oil, ect.....I guess you can "party with Philly Cowboy Bitonti" now =D>

As far as Croyle, maybe you are right --considering we both work, who has time to update the rankings every day and fill in other aspects of the site?....I wouldn't mind bumping Brody to #5, but not sure about him going higher, mainly due to the injury factors, but that's just an opinion. As SD noted, everyone has one and they mostly differ.

Jetwin, I'd say Brady Quinn would be 1 or 2, at least.....we don't rank juniors....90% of draft sites, for example, had Earnest Shazor of Michigan and Brandon Browner as lock #1 picks in November of 2004, both left early and went undrafted :oops:

We get plenty of feedback from players and their famlies. Whether our site has "credibility" in afosomf mind or not, players and their famlies do read these sites....No need to project players that aren't seniors and help push them into bad decision's....So we lay off the juniors.

Thanks SD and Tenn Jet on Cutler....Hey, I like the kids ability. NFL teams like him too, or they wouldn't have tagged with a 3rd projection after his junior season, when he thought about coming out....He doesn'tt play with SEC talent on offense, so it's tough.

GOB, we posted something on EMU WR's today in DD.com's draft notes. Bohnet and his brother (a TE) both fall short of the top 10 at their positions.....Kevin Howe, a defensive lineman for the Eagles is a quality junior, but may be smallish for the NFL.

afosomf should enjoy the EMU WR link--- he's from Quebec, afosomf area of the world, I think.

Don't fret anything Shadow, you've helped us a lot and we appreciate it all.....truly.

R44- I was just Busting on Bit, Most sites have Croyle in your range, all cept for Kiper who has at 2.

I am a huge Bama fan, routed for them b4 Jests, in fact it was JWN, that made be a Jet fan.

Croyle if he can stay Healthy will be a great pro. Remember where you heard it first.

No venom intended!!! :P

Bitonti has done a great job with draftdaddy.com. It really has been fun watching that site evolve. And Bit knows his stuff. (By stuff I am referring to oil production factors and its effect on the US Economy. Oh and football as well).

That being said, R44 is not a human. Seriously. I figured it out. R44 is a bot that Bitonti wrote. He searches the web for college news and posts it on Bitonti's dd.com blog.

There is no other explanation. No way somebody could have that much knowledge.

Thanks Jetwin, but we're just fans that started a site....Honestly, we thought it would be a total low traffic site, but as things changed, it picked up momentum.

One thing we always tell players, their families and fans, is we aren't scouts, so don't get too worried about rankings, or anything else.

afosomf, thanks. I realized you and Bit are getting along as well as well Jerry Seinfield and Newman do :lol:

BTY, Brody has nothing to worry about. If he's healthy (big if), he's got size, great arm and talent. Plus, he's a classy, hardwoking player, so he'll be ok.

BTY 2X: afosomf, You know I don't personally dislike you, because you're a WHA fan :lol:

I don't remember the league, but as avid, former Whalers fan, I loved reading about the history of the league.

Anyhow, here's a shocker to me: Was watching Maryland play twice this season....2 of their linebackers impressed me -- D. Jackson and W. Kershaw....Their 3rd LB, David Holloway, who looks like a non prospect, is actually the grandson of former NHL/WHA star Johny "Pie" McKenzie....

http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/holloway_david00.html

Again, don't remember Pie as a player, but remember seeing his numbers up on the rafters at the Civic Center....a WHA legend?

Thanks Maxman, don't forget Bit's knowledge regarding M-East policies =D>

actually i remember "Pie" very well, as a kid i wrote to every WHA team and asked for an autogragh picture, the Philly Blazers sent me one of none other Johnny Pie.

He was a tough SOB, from what i remember.

BTW the whalers had the best theme song bar none!

Archived