Revis PC

Jetkid94

Opened by saying sorry to the fans, then opened to questions. Said that a negotiating room is not a fun place to be in and that it got heated. At one point he said he never saw rex the way he was which I assume means he got very heated or something to that nature during negotiations. Basically continued to say Rex was a big part in getting the deal done.

Also said there were many offers and that they took the middle.

He originally wanted aso money because he thought there was no problem with being paid like the best when people call him the best but that he eventually took the middle.

but boy he looks like someone who hasn't played in a while, lol hes trying to catch braylon's beard length.

Gee, I thought they came up with some brand new deal all of a sudden when Ryan stepped in. Turns out it was the middle of the 3 deals the Jets offered him over a month ago. Even if it had a little extra, it doesn't seem like much and certainly was enough that a motivated player and agent could have gotten banged out with little effort a month ago.

Tannenbaum can be a tough negotiator, I'm sure, but this holdout was all on Revis just overplaying his hand. A month-plus holdout into September and he settles for an offer that was made in July.

Gee, I thought they came up with some brand new deal all of a sudden when Ryan stepped in. Turns out it was the middle of the 3 deals the Jets offered him over a month ago. Even if it had a little extra, it doesn't seem like much and certainly was enough that a motivated player and agent could have gotten banged out with little effort a month ago.

Tannenbaum can be a tough negotiator, I'm sure, but this holdout was all on Revis just overplaying his hand. A month-plus holdout into September and he settles for an offer that was made in July.

Exactly, he was holding out for that $162 mill with over $40 mill in guarantees all along, he even said he wanted more than Aso again today.

They were waiting to see if Cro or Wilson got hurt or if the defense struggled or if Woody cracked at the thought of losing out on a super bowl win. But nobody got hurt in the secondary, the defense looked better than ever and the offense was so bad that the super bowl hype is dead.

They were waiting to see if Cro or Wilson got hurt or if the defense struggled or if Woody cracked at the thought of losing out on a super bowl win. But nobody got hurt in the secondary, the defense looked better than ever and the offense was so bad that the super bowl hype is dead.

Haha. The offense isn't going to look any better against the Ravens either.

Exactly, he was holding out for that $162 mill with over $40 mill in guarantees all along, he even said he wanted more than Aso again today.

I read somewhere today that the money he ended up getting IS more than Namdi is making over the next 2 years

I read somewhere today that the money he ended up getting IS more than Namdi is making over the next 2 years

If he holds out after 2 years then yes he got Aso money for 2 years.

I said he did good, but he was holding out for Aso money for the next 10 years.

He basically got a 3 year deal and it averages about $13.3 mill a year, so no he did not get Aso money.

Unless he holds out after 2 and if he does that he's going to ruin himself.

The 4th year is for $6 mill, that brings the average down even more.

I doubt the Jets let him go through that year and become a free agent, if he's still playing on his level though.

If he holds out before then, he's stuck with the Jets owning him for the 3 years, and he forfeits some of the bonus money.

They both did good here, but the Jets were smart not to cave, and Revis took a much more reasonable deal then he was holding out for.

If he holds out after 2 years then yes he got Aso money for 2 years.

I said he did good, but he was holding out for Aso money for the next 10 years.

He basically got a 3 year deal and it averages about $13.3 mill a year, so no he did not get Aso money.

Unless he holds out after 2 and if he does that he's going to ruin himself.

hey I'm just glad he's back bro...I was listening to him yesterday at his PC and also on Brandon Teirney's show and he really is a good kid-I'm glad I don't have to hate on him anymore. In a strange way this holdout and him coming back now has re-invigorated the Jets. They now have their best player back and it has given the rest of the team more confidence than they had going into next Monday's game. THEY all knew that they weren't looking like a Super Bowl team from what was seen from the pre season now they can get back to believing in themselves like they all had been before TC

hey I'm just glad he's back bro...I was listening to him yesterday at his PC and also on Brandon Teirney's show and he really is a good kid-I'm glad I don't have to hate on him anymore. In a strange way this holdout and him coming back now has re-invigorated the Jets. They now have their best player back and it has given the rest of the team more confidence than they had going into next Monday's game. THEY all knew that they weren't looking like a Super Bowl team from what was seen from the pre season now they can get back to believing in themselves like they all had been before TC

Hey, it was obvious (to most) everybody wanted him back, I just did not want to see the Jets get cap strung over him.

I'm glad they came to a more reasonable outcome, I was for that all along, no matter what some loons here think.

Hey, it was obvious (to most) everybody wanted him back, I just did not want to see the Jets get cap strung over him.

I'm glad they came to a more reasonable outcome, I was for that all along, no matter what some loons here think.

absolutely bro-hey good thing guys like Bit and slats aren't running the Jets because they would have given him 160 million of the team's money with however much guaranteed. WTHBS, it's a good thing that I too am not running the Jets because I know that I'm not qualified to do it either and if you've seen some of my more emotional posts when the Jets are losing then you'd know

absolutely bro-hey good thing guys like Bit and slats aren't running the Jets because they would have given him 160 million of the team's money with however much guaranteed. WTHBS, it's a good thing that I too am not running the Jets because I know that I'm not qualified to do it either and if you've seen some of my more emotional posts when the Jets are losing then you'd know

I think that's why we are all arm chair GM's. ;)

But yeah, the giving him whatever crowd was delusional to say the least, slats was slighly less insane. :P

did the jets have any guaranteed cash on table in July?

I dont recall...

I think that's why we are all arm chair GM's. ;)

But yeah, the giving him whatever crowd was delusional to say the least, slats was slighly less insane. :P

yea I'd never say anything bad about slats-he's a fellow wanna-be rock n roller-Bit too though, I respect the hell out of what he's done online with The Draft Daddy all these years now. He's spent a lot of money traveling to combines and stuff and doing his analysis of so many up and comers.

yea I'd never say anything bad about slats-he's a fellow wanna-be rock n roller-Bit too though, I respect the hell out of what he's done online with The Draft Daddy all these years now. He's spent a lot of money traveling to combines and stuff and doing his analysis of so many up and comers.

Hey I respect those two, I think everybody got over emotional over this thing, and that's fine.

What I don't get over is when someone tries to twist your words to mean something it obviously does not.

Slats and Bit really did not resort to that, so they are OK in my book.

Hey I respect those two, I think everybody got over emotional over this thing, and that's fine.

What I don't get over is when someone tries to twist your words to mean something it obviously does not.

Slats and Bit really did not resort to that, so they are OK in my book.

talk about overly emotional, you should have seen some of my EFF YOU REVIS posts over on Twitter

talk about overly emotional, you should have seen some of my EFF YOU REVIS posts over on Twitter

I know there were allot here too, but even most of them are happy now.

I did not resort to cursing him, even though some try to make it out like I was out to kill the man.

Darrelle's contract talk should be over for about three years, but let's be clear on one thing here - I never advocated the 10/$160M plan, or giving him any dramatically large bonus. I said he should the 10/$122M as long as he was getting about $12M up front. But the reality there is that he would've held out on that deal eventually.

The deal he signed guarantees him a minimum of $21+M for one year's work, but in all likelihood will work out to be a 3/$40M deal. The money he's getting in the first two years from Tanny ($32.5M) is more than I ever advocated giving him in that timeframe! If I were running the Jets, I would've saved the Jets a couple bucks! laugh.gif

It's a good deal for both sides. The Jets obviously have cashflow problems, and managed to get Revis signed without giving him too much (just $7.5M) this year. But Revis either gets a bonus of $18M on the first day of the 2011 NFL year, or a $13.772M severance package and the right to be a UFA for the first time in his career at that time. So even without the big bonus, he's pretty damn secure. The family is back to three meals a day.

did the jets have any guaranteed cash on table in July?

I dont recall...

Apparently yes. We didn't read it that closely at the time, but Schwartz's complaint was that the other deal didn't have any "totally guaranteed" money. This was interpreted as zero guaranteed money. Of course we later learned it was because that was not possible under the current CBA, with the Jets cap space, unless we wanted to give it all to him in a signing bonus; guaranteed amounts could be guaranteed for skill or injury but not both. That's what his current deal has. I mean, technically his first year's salary is guaranteed but players never seem to want to count that. They do, however, want to count any up-front bonuses paid as being only part of that year's compensation rather than salary given up-front.

He originally wanted aso money because he thought there was no problem with being paid like the best when people call him the best but that he eventually took the middle.

Rex was the one saying it last year! bwahahaha!

Archived