Jets in Bidding War for Defensive Player

Jbro22

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is Bob is just using his new found fame for breaking the Revis story to get a bunch of Jets fans all excited for no reason.

He is incarcerated after all, he could be pulling a fast one and laughing with all his cell mates.

Bob is on a roll... what is he, like 1 out his last 30 or so prognostications? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I think Incarcerated Nostradamus is just blowing smoke -- or his cellmate.

Does anybody think they could be talking about Gilbert or Cody Brown? They have both been headed to the Jets practice squad as per their agents, but both have attracted interest from around the league. Practice squads have a set salary, but the player gets to pick where he goes. The Jets may need to woo these guys.

Otherwise it's odd that they are at 6 and have two open slots. One will probably go to Jackson, who was just cut for Richardson, once he clears waivers. I'm surprised they signed Warren and Mauga so quickly because with their concussion issues I thought they might not be cleared by other teams.

I think the other one is for Chauncey Washington. Haven't heard about him getting picked up by anyone.

If another team is interested in signing Gilbert or Brown to their rosters, then the Jets could be forced to do the same and maybe have a "bidding war" over a pretty negligible signing bonus. If that's what incarceratedbob is talking about, his scoops are going downhill fast. Rex already wooed Gilbert. I think he'd be smart to stick with Rex here. He develops talent, and the Jets need DL help now. It's a good place for him to be.

... agreed! hope it's someone who can generate a passrush!! ...

... someone needs to find out the date bob is released from incarceration so we can throw him a party!! ...

l_j_r

My guess is Bob is just using his new found fame for breaking the Revis story to get a bunch of Jets fans all excited for no reason.

He is incarcerated after all, he could be pulling a fast one and laughing with all his cell mates.

I would imagine that ain't all he's doing with his cellmates. :hump:

Last I heard he was no longer incarcerated, I doubt it but, it very well may be he's been locked up again since then.

I think the other one is for Chauncey Washington. Haven't heard about him getting picked up by anyone.

If another team is interested in signing Gilbert or Brown to their rosters, then the Jets could be forced to do the same and maybe have a "bidding war" over a pretty negligible signing bonus. If that's what incarceratedbob is talking about, his scoops are going downhill fast. Rex already wooed Gilbert. I think he'd be smart to stick with Rex here. He develops talent, and the Jets need DL help now. It's a good place for him to be.

I'm not so sure about Chauncey Washington. First, I think the board may be much higher on him than the team. Second, I'm not so sure he's even eligible. He played in 6 games for the Jags in '08. Last year the Jets signed him off the Cowboys, but wasn't he forced to be a roster player because they took him from a practice squad? IF so he may be considered a 2 season guy. Not sure because they picked him up late. Finally, if they wanted him, why didn't they sign him already? The guys they signed aren't exactly household names and they could have signed him and dumped him later. I think they are waiting on the other two, Gilbert and Brown and if they both sign they will cut as necessary. It's possible those guys are waiting to see if they get signed to an active roster before coming on board the PS.

If the Jets really are going after Albert Haynesworth, the end goal might just be to drive up the pricetag for the Titans. The Jets get involved with so many players, no one knows who the Jets are really going after.

However, until this is more than just a rumor from an internet blogger (even if he WAS the one to call the Revis signing), we'll have no idea I suppose.

Haynesworth would put this D on a whole 'nother level. Having him and Revis on the same D isn't even fair.

I kinda hope it's true...Haynesworth - Jenkins - Ellis...:drool:

Offensive coordinators would be sh**ting themselves. "So you're telling me we can't pass OR run the ball now???"

Am I the only one praying that it's Haynesworth? Putting Haynesworth-Jenkins-Ellis on the line is just not fair. I don't think Bob or whatever this character's name is talking about AD because who the hell is 'bidding' for him? The only FA I think it can be is Green. The bidding war would probably consist of us and the Pats*.

I sure hope it's Haynesworth, though.

I'm not so sure about Chauncey Washington. First, I think the board may be much higher on him than the team. Second, I'm not so sure he's even eligible. He played in 6 games for the Jags in '08. Last year the Jets signed him off the Cowboys, but wasn't he forced to be a roster player because they took him from a practice squad? IF so he may be considered a 2 season guy. Not sure because they picked him up late. Finally, if they wanted him, why didn't they sign him already? The guys they signed aren't exactly household names and they could have signed him and dumped him later. I think they are waiting on the other two, Gilbert and Brown and if they both sign they will cut as necessary. It's possible those guys are waiting to see if they get signed to an active roster before coming on board the PS.

JennyVrentas RB Chauncey Washington was added to practice squad. So was DE Jarron Gilbert. #nyj

JennyVrentas To clarify 8-man p-squad: Washington, Gilbert, Felix, Mauga, Warren, Tevaseu, Foley, Taylor. Confusion over C. Brown, not here. #nyj

JennyVrentas RB Chauncey Washington was added to practice squad. So was DE Jarron Gilbert. #nyj

JennyVrentas To clarify 8-man p-squad: Washington, Gilbert, Felix, Mauga, Warren, Tevaseu, Foley, Taylor. Confusion over C. Brown, not here. #nyj

confused..is there a def player we are getting ready to trade for , or a schlub we are claiming off waivers?

Assuming they didn't have to give up much, Haynesworth would be a cheap addition, relatively speaking, since the Redskins have already paid out the majority of his money.

I think any team that would pick up Haynesworth would be doing so at a cost of about $25M for four years, about $6M per non guaranteed.

Not bad, considering Haynesworth's past performance potential.

Assuming they didn't have to give up much, Haynesworth would be a cheap addition, relatively speaking, since the Redskins have already paid out the majority of his money.

I think any team that would pick up Haynesworth would be doing so at a cost of about $25M for four years, about $6M per non guaranteed.

Not bad, considering Haynesworth's past performance potential.

I thought we liked Jenkins backup,,why we need Haynesworth?

OH NO's I hope it isn;t Fat Albert. Here in DC they are saying Shanny is shopping him and Tenn has showed interest but not at the pick compensation Washington is after. Say NO to Al.

When he's on he's the best DL in the game by a good amount...When he's half assing he's in the top 10...Our D would have legendary potential with a Haynesworth in it.

When he's on he's the best DL in the game by a good amount...When he's half assing he's in the top 10...Our D would have legendary potential with a Haynesworth in it.

No doubt. I live in DC and listen to DC sports talk radio and the Albert Bashing has been CONSTANT. My sons middle school football league even had a charity event by people paying money for their kids to do the conditioning test he kept failing. My son dogged me for $145.

I thought we liked Jenkins backup,,why we need Haynesworth?

He'd be a nice addition to the rotation, especially in run situations.

I'm not saying we need him, only that given the fact that the Redskins have paid out most of his money, he could be a relatively cheap addition to any defense.

Cool. I wonder what is up with Brown. I think I'd prefer him to Foley, assuming they want a position for position swap. Wouldn't be surprised if they add Jackson back and dump one of the others.

Okay, you were right about Chauncey Washington. I was right about Gilbert and Brown. I was also right that they would cut Warren, it seems he'd be more likely to stay on the shelf with the concussion issue. Same could be said for Mauga, but they are thin at ILB. Too bad they couldn't stash Warren on the IR, but they may need safety help soon. With Pool already hurting and the only backup Ihedigbo who is not suited to coverage I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lowery at S Monday night.

As per Tyson's article the current PS should be: RB Chauncey Washington, LB Cody Brown, DT (will be a DE here)Jarron Gilbert, C Robby Felix, LB Josh Mauga, DT Martin Tevaseu, WR Larry Taylor. I still only count 7. I would guess that they will be adding either Patrick Turner the waiver wire WR from USC via Miami or CB Brian Jackson if/once they clear waivers.

I really like the Gilbert and Brown pick ups...they might actually do something in the future.

I do too. On the flip side, that would be like picking up Vernon Gholston and thinking he could do something in the future. Gilbert was pretty bad, if out of position. Brown was at least injured and a bit of a project/situational guy.

Okay, you were right about Chauncey Washington. I was right about Gilbert and Brown. I was also right that they would cut Warren, it seems he'd be more likely to stay on the shelf with the concussion issue. Same could be said for Mauga, but they are thin at ILB. Too bad they couldn't stash Warren on the IR, but they may need safety help soon. With Pool already hurting and the only backup Ihedigbo who is not suited to coverage I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lowery at S Monday night.

As per Tyson's article the current PS should be: RB Chauncey Washington, LB Cody Brown, DT (will be a DE here)Jarron Gilbert, C Robby Felix, LB Josh Mauga, DT Martin Tevaseu, WR Larry Taylor. I still only count 7. I would guess that they will be adding either Patrick Turner the waiver wire WR from USC via Miami or CB Brian Jackson if/once they clear waivers.

It is looking like Patrick Turner is the guy...

I think with Revis back, they're a lot less concerned about the extra CB. But they have to have some concern about WR. Makes sense for them to stash a couple WR prospects there. They're thin now, and next year they're probably going to be choosing between Holmes and Edwards.

LOL at people saying Haynesworth would be a "nice addition", with Haynesworth on the line next to Pouha and Jenkins (And it would be Pouha not Ellis) then teams would start kneeling against our defense. He's one of the most dominant defensive players in football.

Not a ******* chance we could get him, it wouldn't be fair.

Contracts aside, would anyone do Haynsworth for Jenkins strait up?

Absolutely not.

Plus, why do people think it's Haynsworth? That has to be a trade. A bidding war would imply a money issue, meaning the Jets are going after a FA.

Absolutely not.

Plus, why do people think it's Haynsworth? That has to be a trade. A bidding war would imply a money issue, meaning the Jets are going after a FA.

Why does a bidding war imply a money issue? A bidding war would imply teams were interested which would generally mean it isn't a guy on the street the first week of September. We're pretty sure now that it's Jarvis Green, but they could be bidding vs. other teams for trade compensation. It happens all the time, but much less often in football than other sports. The Redskins have been known to be shopping Haynesworth since well before the draft. Nobody wanted to pony up the high picks then and once they ate the bonus the 'skins wanted MORE compensation. With all his continued antics there has been talk of moving him again. These was an earlier post in this thread that the Titans were interested.

Archived