New England Patriots 2010 Excuses Thread

Jetsfan80

wow lol at jets fans.

fans of a team that really hasnt done anything in 40 years saying that NE sucks because they havent won a superbowl in 6 years? Wow..I thought some of the people on here were ok, and could actually talk football..but this is a new low, this thread is just stupid. We all know the patriots are going to win the afc east.

Did you see that thing that just went flying over your head?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow lol at jets fans.

fans of a team that really hasnt done anything in 40 years saying that NE sucks because they havent won a superbowl in 6 years? Wow..I thought some of the people on here were ok, and could actually talk football..but this is a new low, this thread is just stupid. We all know the patriots are going to win the afc east.

If you do win try and represent us(Afc east) a little better in the playoffs and make it to half time still in contention to win. OK? Thanx.

typical arrogant,loud mouthed,pats fan since 2001 at a jets game

pats fan-"hey,you no class pos jets fan.how about sitting down in your seat so i can see brady stretch.it is pre-game,you know?"

jets fan-"what did you say"

pats fan-"you heard me,you no good pos from new jer"

jets fan-"SLAP!!!"

pats fan grabs his 3 year old and uses her as a shield

pats fan-"security.security.securriittyy"

30-17 on the road against the team with the most wins in the decade is "totally destroyed?"

Actually you know what "totally destroyed" is? 33-14 at home when the visiting teams jumps out to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

Losing by 19 at home in the postseason when the visiting QB only has to attempt 10 passes because your defense gets rolled to the tune of 234 rushing yards is "totally destroyed."

Your QB having to throw 42 times because you fall back 24-0 after one quarter yet he can only muster 154 yards while tossing three picks is "totally destroyed."

The Jets lost on the road to a better team but were in the game most of the way and even led at halftime.

The Pats got TOTALLY DESTROYED.

this

30-17 on the road against the team with the most wins in the decade is "totally destroyed?"

Actually you know what "totally destroyed" is? 33-14 at home when the visiting teams jumps out to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

Losing by 19 at home in the postseason when the visiting QB only has to attempt 10 passes because your defense gets rolled to the tune of 234 rushing yards is "totally destroyed."

Your QB having to throw 42 times because you fall back 24-0 after one quarter yet he can only muster 154 yards while tossing three picks is "totally destroyed."

The Jets lost on the road to a better team but were in the game most of the way and even led at halftime.

The Pats got TOTALLY DESTROYED.

this

Pats winning percentage in AFC Championship games: .833

Jets winning percentage in AFC Championship games: .000

You can't be serious if you think that is some sort of significant accomplishment.

You keep bragging about ancient history. The Pats ain't done sh*t for the better part of a decade.

I give you credit for not making excuses like the rest of your brethren but the desperate attempt to change the subject is just pathetic.

You keep bragging about ancient history. The Pats ain't done sh*t for the better part of a decade.

I give you credit for not making excuses like the rest of your brethren but the desperate attempt to change the subject is just pathetic.

There are no excuses in the NFL.

You either win the games or you don't.

It's as simple as that.

who's making excuses? you ought to wait 'till the season starts before making excuses, no? For example:

Cincy 40 Pats 21 (which is entirely possible). Excuse #1: The Pats can't generate a pass rush, therefore exposing a young and inexperienced secondary. Excuse #2: The Pats have lousy DE's that could not set the edge to save their lives, therefore exposing their lb's and putting them in a no-win situation as Benson runs for over 100 yards. Excuse #3: the stable of Pats RB's leave a lot to be desired and Maroney, especially, lacks any sort of instinct/vision (although he dances extremely well)- although the run blocking is not helping his general ineffectiveness any.

Hey wait! Those aren't the kind of excuses you'll be looking for....nevermind.

who's making excuses? you ought to wait 'till the season starts before making excuses, no? For example:

Cincy 40 Pats 21 (which is entirely possible). Excuse #1: The Pats can't generate a pass rush, therefore exposing a young and inexperienced secondary. Excuse #2: The Pats have lousy DE's that could not set the edge to save their lives, therefore exposing their lb's and putting them in a no-win situation as Benson runs for over 100 yards. Excuse #3: the stable of Pats RB's leave a lot to be desired and Maroney, especially, lacks any sort of instinct/vision (although he dances extremely well)- although the run blocking is not helping his general ineffectiveness any.

Hey wait! Those aren't the kind of excuses you'll be looking for....nevermind.

Those aren't excuses so much as they are actualy reasons the Pats aren't going anywhere this year that the media and Pats fans choose to ignore as they look at Tommy Bieber's hair and get moist.

Pats fans, please place all excuses for next season in here as your failures pile up. I'll get you started:

"Randy Moss is getting old."

"Welker isn't 100 %."

"The Jets bought the division title. At least we can blame our failures on our many failed draft picks."

When did the Jets win a division title? Did I miss something? The Pats won the title last year, Miami the year before. Are you referring to this upcoming year? Let's let them play the games first before you crown the Jets division chumps.

Those aren't excuses so much as they are actualy reasons the Pats aren't going anywhere this year that the media and Pats fans choose to ignore as they look at Tommy Bieber's hair and get moist.

Not sure what media members you follow but this year would be the first in a long time where the vast majority of the media beleives the Pats will not be playoff contenders.

The Pats could go 7-9 or 9-7. That's my prediction. The offense could be great. The defense could be real putrid.

When did the Jets win a division title? Did I miss something? The Pats won the title last year, Miami the year before. Are you referring to this upcoming year? Let's let them play the games first before you crown the Jets division chumps.

Really? I wouldn't have known that had you not reminded us of it 4,178 times. :rolleyes:

Not sure what media members you follow but this year would be the first in a long time where the vast majority of the media beleives the Pats will not be playoff contenders.

The Pats could go 7-9 or 9-7. That's my prediction. The offense could be great. The defense could be real putrid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/news/story?id=5493278

16 "experts" predict everything. 8 have the Pats winning the division 7 have the Jets and some retard picks the Dolphins.

That season they didnt back into the post season with 2 gift lay downs at the end of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/news/story?id=5493278

16 "experts" predict everything. 8 have the Pats winning the division 7 have the Jets and some retard picks the Dolphins.

Hmmm....interesting....still, it's different then years past, for sure.

I think the Jest will win the division. I have a hard time beleiving that the wild card entry will come from the east. This is my prediction as of 9/8/2010:

Div Winners:

Jets, Ravens, Colts, Chargers

Wildcards:

Texans, Bengals

Archived