Kerry Rhodes is a playmaker

Maxman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He never got caught from behind by a full back?, Maybe the full back wasn't in the game on that play. Hummmmm somethings fishy.

Oh just don't ask him to tackle. He wouldn't want to break a nail.

Kerry actually got tackled by Sam Bradford on that play.. 60 yards down the field. That may be even worse than a FB. During the run back he looked like he wanted to stop and ask for directions to the end zone.

He never got caught from behind by a full back?, Maybe the full back wasn't in the game on that play. Hummmmm somethings fishy.

Oh just don't ask him to tackle. He wouldn't want to break a nail.

He got stopped by the QB this time.

It was a pick-65, not a pick-6.

Guys, calm down. It was the f***ing Rams. You know, the same team that went 1-15 last year and whose rookie QB was making his first NFL start.

No, Brodney Pool isn't necessarily an "upgrade" over Rhodes, but the 4th rounder we got for him in addition to Pool made it worth getting rid of him. He's a lockerroom cancer, and he couldn't play for Rex. He wanted the defense to revolve around him, but his play didn't at all justify it.

And if you can't play D for Rex, I'm not interested in you.

i love all the justifications here

'he got tackled by the QB'

'he picked off a rookie'

'he only had 1 tackle

'he's a pussy and i hate him'

bottom line he's a playmaker. And no he's not everything rex and pettine wanted him to be. But he's better than Brodney pool, who probably won't even play tonight. and the defense doesn't get better without him. They are better off with him.

'he picked off a rookie'

'he only had 1 tackle

bottom line he's a playmaker. And no he's not everything rex and pettine wanted him to be. But he's better than Brodney pool, who probably won't even play tonight. and the defense doesn't get better without him. They are better off with him.

And now it's complete. :blink:

'he picked off a rookie'

'he only had 1 tackle

Except they're really not.

Bit, this guy played like a beast his first couple of years, trying to shed the tag of fifth round pick and earn a big contract.

Then the second some casting agent told this guy he could put him in movies he started playing like a punk. Rhodes wasn't just bad last year, he was bad the last three years.

He was happy when he was the overachieving star of the defense back in '06 and there were no vocal leaders who were great players around him. The the Jets added Revis, Jenkins, Pace and then Scott and suddenly Rhodes' act was tired and stale, especially since he stopped backing it up with his play.

The other guys are all better and would run through fire for each other and to win. Rhodes would do it so long as he didn't mess up his uniform.

Bye bye Carrie, addition by subtraction.

Impressive how he made Bradford throw the ball right at him. :rolleyes:

Yes it was...he totally baited him into making that throw by faking as if he were coming after Bradford, then he made an unbelievable leap, held on to a laser and then did his thing.

If that were Brodney Pool, we'd have 5 threads about how great he is and how bad Kerry suck.

Kerry Rhodes makes plays.

'he picked off a rookie'

'he only had 1 tackle

You're using that term very loosely. Foster must be legendary in your mind, 200+ yards and 3 TD's against the cults = EPIC LEGEND!!

In that case why did Rex bench him/ship him off as quickly as he possibly could? He's a playmaker? Bullsh*t. He's a "ballhawk" who had, what, 3 picks last year? And thats only after he got benched because he won't hit. He's not on the roster because he's not a playmaker, he won't even hit small receivers (Wes Welker? Seriously?) and the coaches hated him. We're better off without him.

the only anti-rhodes post that makes any sense. certain coaches/systems suit certain players better than others. I'm honestly curious how Cro works out here--his aggression is very suspect.

To be fair to Antonio, when he played in a man-coverage scheme he was known for being one of the more physical corners in the league.

A lot of people are unfairly basing their opinion of Cromartie's toughness on one play.

I'm resigned to the fact that each year there is one Jet player who fans think is perfect and one who is Satan. When Penny left Rhodes became the new Satan. Yeah, he didn't tackle hard after he got rich. He tackles like Butkus compared to Cromartie.

Who's this years Savior? Who's this year's Satan?

The general rule I work with is that very few guys are as good as they're hyped to be and even fewer guys are as bad as the public has voted.

To be fair to Antonio, when he played in a man-coverage scheme he was known for being one of the more physical corners in the league.

A lot of people are unfairly basing their opinion of Cromartie's toughness on one play.

It was a pretty ******* big play in the playoffs dude.

No he wasn't. One of the best athletes? Yes...most definitely...One of the most physical? Physical has never been a word I've heard connected to Cromartie...unless "not" was placed before it. He's had a reputation as "soft" for a while now...Rhodes got his last year...so technically we're being unfair to Rhodes...that said, I'm sure now that Rhodes is soft that he's always been soft and he's never done anything right and blah blah blah.

Now to be fair to Rhodes...he's a good player who did alot of dumb things to get himself thrown out of here. He wanted to be the focus on a D that tries to not build itself around an individual...Can't do that, especially when Revis decided to fly right by him as the team's best secondary player by a good amount.

Exactly. Which isn't fair.

Well, we will have to disagree here my friend. I think its pretty fair. He had a chance to make the biggest play of his life and help his team advance in the playoffs and instead he was a coward and didnt even to try and make the play.

Well, we will have to disagree here my friend. I think its pretty fair. He had a chance to make the biggest play of his life and help his team advance in the playoffs and instead he was a coward and didnt even to try and make the play.

Whatever, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with his performance this year.

Playing opposite Revis is going to be great for Alcrotraz.

Whatever, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with his performance this year.

Playing opposite Revis is going to be great for Alcrotraz.

I hope so. I think he can. The kid has all the talent in the world. Hopefully the D has given him enough roastings over that play that he will never cower from a hit again.

True dat!

And that one play was a run play and not a deep out of the numbers pass coverage. On run plays if it comes to a DB having to make the tackle means the first line of defense caved in.

I think Cro will be great in pass coverage. If it ever comes to tacking on run plays hope we have toughened him up enough.

'he picked off a rookie'

'he only had 1 tackle

Serious question....do you even watch Jets games?

Archived