New York Jets vs. Baltimore Ravens

Maxman

I am nervous as well. Just want this offense to prove that they can step up. And this defense to be amazing like we think they can be. Nervous about Revis just getting back in. Hopefully he is in shape.

Going to my sons football game. Then heading up to the stadium. Really want to be there in time for the introductions and flyover. Good luck everyone, nobody stress out too much.

Go Jets!

You and BP are true Jets fans-you guys always lay out your hard earned $$$$ to support this team-no matter how many crappy seasons we've had to endure you guys always put your money where your mouth is

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll get plenty of breathers as the Jets force 3-and-out after 3-and-out. The key thing will be our offense wearing the Ravens D down early with lots of Shonn Greene & LT. Whichever D is fresher in this game comes out the winner.

For me it's the turnover battle. If Sanchez throws a bunch of INTs we lose. If we keep fumbling like we did preseason we're going to lose. If we take care of the ball we will have a good shot of winning.

For me it's the turnover battle. If Sanchez throws a bunch of INTs we lose. If we keep fumbling like we did preseason we're going to lose. If we take care of the ball we will have a good shot of winning.

Hopefully the fumbling won't be as much of an issue.

Joe McKnight: Not active

Terminator: Probably won't touch the ball.

Clemens: Shouldn't see the ball.

Holmes: Not active

Washington: PS

That takes care of all the fumbling in the preseason.

(ya gotta love Manish because UNlike Cimini-he picks the Jets to win)

Game Night: Ravens at Jets (Six Pack of Questions) »

By Manish Mehta

Before the Jets' highly anticipated season kicks off in primetime against the Ravens, let's examine several key issues:

1. Will Revis be matched up with Anquan Boldin from start to finish?

From the people I’ve spoken to, don’t expect Revis to play Boldin for 100 percent of the snaps. It’s a tough first assignment for Revis. Boldin’s physical style and crisp intermediate route running will surely test Revis’ ability. The more likely scenario is that the jets All-Pro cornerback will cover Derrick Mason and T.J. Houshmanzadeh too. Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman told me he’ll gauge whether Revis needs a breather. When I suggested that there’s no way Revis would ever admit to being tired and come out of the game, Thurman said he won’t have a choice.

2. Who will be able to cover Ray Rice out of the backfield?

Let’s face it: There’s no way David Harris can keep up with the shifty Ravens running back. The potential for big plays from Rice out of the passing game loom. This game could turn by a breakout play from him. Keep an eye on that.

3. Is Mark Sanchez going to test this banged up Ravens secondary?

Although offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will take his shots with Sanchez down the field, I don’t expect them to stray from their ground-and-pound roots tonight. Sure, it’s tempting to test a secondary without Ed Reed and Dominique Foxworth, but remember this: The Jets offensive line’s pass protection looked shaky in the preseason. More dropbacks expose Sanchez to more hits. Right now, left guard Matt Slauson’s pass protection is still a work in progress. Right tackle Damien Woody has also looked shaky at times against the edge rush. In other words, expect heavy doses of Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson.

4. Is Nick Folk back to his Pro Bowl form?

He looked solid (other than a missed extra point) in the preseason. But the proof will be in the pudding. This one promises to be a white-knuckler. So, it’ll be interesting to see if Folk can deliver during crunch time.

5. Does Jason Taylor have anything left in the tank?

Rex Ryan sure hopes so. Calvin Pace’s foot injury has thrust more of the load on Taylor. He won’t be asked to strictly be a pass rusher tonight. So, will he be able to help out against the run?

6. Will the Jets be able to back up all their chatter?

Nearly eight months of hype, bold predictions and bravado means nothing now. The Jets need to produce on the field. It’s a daunting first challenge against Ryan’s former team.

PREDICTION: Jets 16, Ravens 13 OT (Folk hits a 46-yarder to win it).

You and BP are true Jets fans-you guys always lay out your hard earned $$ to support this team-no matter how many crappy seasons we've had to endure you guys always put your money where your mouth is

Please don't ever compare me to BP again.

Thank you.

By far the most intense moment on this board today. I bet he's taking a breather though. That felt like a Macho Man promo.

My money is on a noodle dance. He probably put on his favorite Phish tune started jigglin like a noodle, ran to his computer and typed... JETS!

Then proceeded to return to the noodle dancing.

i thought I was the only one. LOL

I've done NOTHING!!! i'm merely killing time until kickoff. 2hrs 15 min!

GO JETS!!!!!!!!

So fired up right now!!! Everyone knows it too.

I just asked one of my recruiters something really stupid that I already knew the answer to and asked him to email me something that he emailed me hours ago. He looked at me, looked at the clock and was like "bro, you got 2 hours left, relax".

LOL

Archived