Sanchez afraid to throw it, and Rex/Schotty afraid to let him

CTM

Pathetic. The fear was obvious coming in from the sidelines and watching Sanchez on the field. Maybe it's the high expectations making them play tight. I'm worried however that they buy into the idea that a play not to lose strategy on offense combined with a very good defense is a reliable recipe for a SB win.

Let the kid play, rather go down swinging then to strike out with the bat on my shoulder like they did tonight.

Side note: Dustin Keller is braindead and should be running laps all week. WTF was that!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic. The fear was obvious coming in from the sidelines and watching Sanchez on the field. Maybe it's the high expectations making them play tight. I'm worried however that they buy into the idea that a play not to lose strategy on offense combined with a very good defense is a reliable recipe for a SB win.

Let the kid play, rather go down swinging then to strike out with the bat on my shoulder like they did tonight.

Side note: Dustin Keller is braindead and should be running laps all week. WTF was that!

A room with 3 dolphin fans, a couple panthers fans, and a ravens fan laughed for about 15 minutes in my direction after Keller stepped out. I still don't know how that whole game managed to happen. Couple of great punt returns, great INT return by Cro, win the TO battle (by far), and hold the Ravens to around 2 ypc...and lose. Just awful.

Blame them for not using Cotchery enough....what a joke. the guy is a stud!

i can't wait for Holmes to get back so he can take pressure off Cotch

Cotch had one of the worst drops of the night. F him too..

When you have a young QB struggling these pos vets can't be dropping big passes.

Why blame Keller and not Sanchez for throwing it behind the first down marker?

The Brunell signing is proof enough that the Jets are worried about Mark Sukdik.

I'd gladly blame Sanchez again if it were his fault, but don't use the play as an excuse to throw more at Sanchez. Not the greatest throw, no, but any reciever/tight end/back HAS to know the first down marker in that situation. He didn't even extend the ball, or make an attempt. It's on Keller dude, sorry. Sanchez sucked in PLENTY of ways tonight, but lets give credit where credits due...Keller screwed up there.

Our offense was Taliban conservative. We only got to see the toes.

When you have a QB that can make all the throws why not atleast unwrap him for atleast one offensive series. We had a few opportunities for play action deep passes after LT's strong runs but instead we ran LT again up the middle for a small gain. The offense never got in any rhythm. And we have an offense that can be somewhat potent if we get a offensive co-ordinator with triple digit IQ!

We needed to make one big play on offense today to win the game. Just one big play a game and we have pretty good team like Baltimore on the mat!!!

Comparing Captain Checkdown to Chad Pennington is an insult to Chad Pennington. Mark Sanfaggot is the worst QB in the entire NFL and it isnt even close.

I'd argue with Trent Edwards, but lets real...that doesn't make any of us feel better.

(HC who wants to run 1950s offense) + (QB suddenly playing like Chad Pennington) + (whatever the hell Schottenheimer's doing) = tonight

Word.

Our past two coaches seem to have some ancient beliefs on offense...I believe Rex moreso than Mangini.

It all comes down to Sanchez/the QB not sucking.

I'd argue with Trent Edwards, but lets real...that doesn't make any of us feel better.

I'll go out on a limb and say we wouldve won today if Trent Edwards was our QB

That Mexican faggot doesnt seem to realize he can throw the ball beyond 5 yards.

And let's not eve start with my favorite Jet, AKA BRAINDEAD DUSTIN, wtf was that running out of bounds before procuring the first down sh*t?

That Mexican faggot doesnt seem to realize he can throw the ball beyond 5 yards.

And let's not eve start with my favorite Jet, AKA BRAINDEAD DUSTIN, wtf was that running out of bounds before procuring the first down sh*t?

I never thought I'd see the day on JN where ANYONE would say we'd do better with Chad, or that Chad was a better QB than our current guy. Our boys have some work to do. And yes, Dilfer won a Super Bowl, but he made a play every now and then, and I'm not convinced our secondary as a whole is as good as that secondary was (plus losing Jenks, if thats the case, will hurt the ever fading chances of an all-time great defense)

I don't know about that. Remember Schotty had Favre dinking and dunking until Favre got really pissed and demanded the offense be run his way.

I don't know about that. Remember Schotty had Favre dinking and dunking until Favre got really pissed and demanded the offense be run his way.

El Capitan Checkdown didnt seem to realize he had something called WIDE RECEIVERS

What a ******* failure.

This sucks. We've got folks reminiscing on the Favre and Pennington years after the night of the first game. All time week 1 low?

I don't even think he should have been in the game. He looked completely glass-eyed when he did it and I think he was still recovering from Lewis steamrolling him.

Thats what I said to my friends when it happened. Said it looked like he was more worried about avoiding another hit that he forgot about getting it past the marker. Of course I removed some expletives, but that is what it seemed like to me as well.

As for Sanchez...Anyone else think he got worse this offseason? Judging by the preseason and 1st game, it seems obvious. He's become an inconsistent young QB with upside to a poor mans version of Chad Pennington. Speaks volumes to Schotty's ineptitude.

It was also right in front of Mark Sanchez and he threw the ball short of the first down marker.

You serious? He got Keller the ball in enough space to get YAC while also positioning him to get to the sidelines. You couldn't have asked for a better throw there in a 4th & 10 situation. Any NFL receiver worth his salt stretches for the 1st there. Keller f***ed up.

I think Sanchez did what he was told. The OC has ZERO confidence in his QB. And that showed!

I was 15 rows from the field and watched Sanchez NOT throw to open receivers all night. I was screaming "Edwards! You a$$hole! Edwards!" on one play when he checked down to Tomlinson, While Braylon stood alone twenty yards down field waving his hands after a broken coverage. Schotty is a clueless hack, but Sanchez holds the ball too long... resulting in holding calls, stares down recievers, misses the open man, and dives when he should slide, and slides when he should dive. He is officially terrible.

I was 15 rows from the field and watched Sanchez NOT throw to open receivers all night. I was screaming "Edwards! You a$$hole! Edwards!" on one play when he checked down to Tomlinson, While Braylon stood alone twenty yards down field waving his hands after a broken coverage. Schotty is a clueless hack, but Sanchez holds the ball too long... resulting in holding calls, stares down recievers, misses the open man, and dives when he should slide, and slides when he should dive. He is officially terrible.

He was double clutching a lot..

Still.. The bottom line is that he's had it drilled into his head by Rex and Schotty not to make mistakes and that's what he's thinking about, not making mistakes..

**** man, even in the first quarter, last year he would've dove for that first down and gotten it, this year he slides, we kick a FG, lose momentum and the game by 1..

You don't win by playing not to lose..

He just started his second year, and didn't have much college experience either. Also he was fantastic in the playoffs last year, until the second half of the Colts game anyway. So I have confidence in his upside.

But I have no confidence in Schitty. Also Braylon would have just dropped it anyway, let's be real.

Still.. The bottom line is that he's had it drilled into his head by Rex and Schotty not to make mistakes and that's what he's thinking about, not making mistakes..

The Coaching Staff gave similar treatment to Kellen Clemens against the Bucs last season. It helps keep games close when turnovers would otherwise cripple you, but it also shows your QB you have no confidence in him.

Its no wonder that lack of confidence has spread to Sanchez himself. Rex has no confidence in Schottenheimer, Schottenheimer has no confidence in Sanchez, and Sanchez doesn't have much confidence in himself. Its a bad cycle.

He's our franchise QB, like it or not. We need to take the good with the bad and let him run the show.

All you needed to do was look on the other side of the field to see what a franchise QB looks like. The Jets have a guy who is holding back this entire team.

Flacco didn't look all that great. Many of this throws sailed. He has the ATTITUDE of a franchise QB, but he's nothing special.

Archived