On the bright side...

drago

That was one of the best defensive preformances I have ever seen in green and white. The whole second half, I kept saying, they're going to break, they've been out there too long, they're going to break.

It never happened.

I have no idea how a unit can play for 3 quarters of a game and still give up basically nothing on the ground or through the air (despite constant penalties).

The Jets' front seven is as good as any team in the NFL. They're corners are the same, despite having a bad day. Everyone new Wilson was going to get picked on, it's his first game, he'll come around.

Amazing defense, I have certainly not lost hope.

...Now...if we can just get Harris to throw Schotty in a locker everygame, we'll be fine.

That was one of the best defensive preformances I have ever seen in green and white. The whole second half, I kept saying, they're going to break, they've been out there too long, they're going to break.

It never happened.

I have no idea how a unit can play for 3 quarters of a game and still give up basically nothing on the ground or through the air (despite constant penalties).

The Jets' front seven is as good as any team in the NFL. They're corners are the same, despite having a bad day. Everyone new Wilson was going to get picked on, it's his first game, he'll come around.

...Now...if we can just get Harris to throw Schotty in a locker everygame, we'll be fine.

Defense and special teams showed up. They came with their game faces on and they tried as best they could to keep their team in the game. Games can't be won without scoring TD's, simple as that.

The defense really didnt play that well. They couldnt get off the field on 3rd down and had about 80000 dumb penalites.

Cromartie is horrible and Wilson got abused.

The game was lost on the Ravens ability to convert 3rd down's while the Jets could not. The defense deserves some blame last night as well.

Defense and special teams showed up. They came with their game faces on and they tried as best they could to keep their team in the game. Games can't be won without scoring TD's, simple as that.

No doubt. Can you imagine what the defense had to have been saying in the lockeroom afterwards?

The defense really didnt play that well. They couldnt get off the field on 3rd down and had about 80000 dumb penalites.

The game was lost on the Ravens ability to convert 3rd down's while the Jets could not. The defense deserves some blame last night as well.

I'm not goning to look it up, but it felt like half of the third down conversions were penalties. Usually penalties can get laid on the coaches for not being prepared but in this instance, you had a rookie and a new player getting picked on that were called. I have to give them a pass on that one...JMO...Wilson and Cromartie will play better.

Wilson and Cromartie are gonna get picked on only bc no one is going to throw the ball at Revis. Wilson being a rookie is bound to give up one play here and there. He has his work cut out for him. And i think that Cro is gonna avg a pick a game. Qb's are gonna throw less and less to him as well. Once he settles into this defense, he will almost as big a threat as Revis. So, Wilson is going to see aloooot of balls throw at his reciever bc he is the lesser of 3 evils.

It never happened.

Well, I almost 100% agree.

The main problem is most Jet Fans are just so tired of the multiple ways this team (Franchize) has lost games. There comes a time when you have to play and you have to win...PERIOD. There comes a time when you have to be the TEAM. Words cannot make you that TEAM. You have to come to the game with a total package. You have to come to the game, knowing you will end up winning regardless. That's what makes you a WINNING TEAM. Did you see the look on Flacko's eyes after he got drilled! Talk about a dear in the headlights. We had that over rated Baltimore team beat PHYISCALLY. Nothing impressed me about that team...NOTHING. What I am worried about is the mental aspect of the game. There were to many...way to many penalties. Those are indicative of being prepared to play a game...any game. Which I am sorry to say the Jets simply were not. Penalties are part of the game..I get that. But not like what I saw last night. That was so unacceptable, that I dont have any more words other than that. To lose a home opener after all the talk, all the bravado all the hype, in a new stadium, I can honestly say this team is NOT ready to make that next step.

The only way that will happen is if "THEY" let that kid throw the ball. He needs to throw the ball and move the chains. Why is he throwing an eight yard pass when 10 yards is needed? That to me is complete nonsense.

I know it's easy to pick apart the game planning after the fact, cause that's what we do as fans...But the entire organization should be ashamed of what happened out on the field. And they need to step up and play a good clean game coming up this week against New England. Why? Because Rex has made them a target for every NFL team. They need to stop talking all the BS and play and win the game no matter what it takes...PERIOD. Stop the bravado BS and step up have a solid game plan, make little mental mistakes (which can be corrected) at PRACTICE time, allow the kid to throw the ball.

It never happened.

I think they're tiredness showed in the form of flags, but yes that was definitely an awesome defensive showing.

The D couldn't get off the field on third down--and it wasn't just penalties. Boldin had over 100yds and Heap had some killer long 3rd down conversions. One drive was like 16 plays. Time of posession tipped to the Ravens in a huge way and limited our offensive touches (and lord knows we needed as many chances as possible). They did not give up a ton of points. DL and LB played stellar. Secondary was bad, excuses or not. When they didn't give up the pass, they committed a penalty. They gave up a 3rd and 13 and a 3rd and 28 in the first half. That's rediculous.

The position Ryan put those guys in last night was appalling.

Those 8 man blitz packages left them one-on-one with Boldin, Mason and Heap. You just can't ask Cromartie and a friggn' rookie to cover them effectively, especially when you have an officiating crew who has called the most penalties per game over the last 3 seasons.

The purpose of a blitz is to surprise teams on certain downs, not blitz on every friggn' 3rd down. The Ravens (and especially Ray Rice) did a great job most of the game picking up the blitzes, leaving Cromartie and Wilson all alone on an island.

If they continue with that defensive game plan next week, Brady will absolutely torch them.

The D couldn't get off the field on third down--and it wasn't just penalties. Boldin had over 100yds and Heap had some killer long 3rd down conversions. One drive was like 16 plays. Time of posession tipped to the Ravens in a huge way and limited our offensive touches (and lord knows we needed as many chances as possible). They did not give up a ton of points. DL and LB played stellar. Secondary was bad, excuses or not. When they didn't give up the pass, they committed a penalty. They gave up a 3rd and 13 and a 3rd and 28 in the first half. That's rediculous.

The D did everything it could to give our offense every opportunity for points. 2 FF's, 1 INT and not to mention our special teams gave our offense some great field position. Our offense did nothing to help.

i gotta wonder if Kerry Rhodes in coverage helps this team get off the field on 3rd down

I think you hit on something that really showed up last night. Jim Leonard is a nice athlete, he looked like a pimple on an Elephants butt when he was isolated on Todd Heap. Kerry Rhodes may be soft in the run game but he could cover ground and cover a TE when needed. Baltimore went over the top and with big physical receivers won battles that a good cover safety with size, speed and range may have impacted.

The defense's primary job, above all the other BS, is to prevent the other team from scoring.

The Jets allowed an average of 14.8 points per game last year, which led the NFL. Last night they allowed 4.8 points less than last year's season average. You can throw everything else out the window. They did their primary job incredibly well.

When your defense plays better than they notmally do, and you don't win, it's not the defense's fault.

I think everyone on this board would take 15 repeats of last night's defensive performance.

Archived