Rex and Schotty Post-Game Fight?

Darrellegivesmeaboner#24

According to Incarerated Bob's twitter, yea I know, Rex and Schotty got into a shouting match which lead to shoves after the game.

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

Rex is not happy with offense & feels that his offensive coordinator has way to many formations and needs to scale back playbook.

Altercation over Shonn Greene benching in 2nd half also final drive -Schotty the clear aggressor. Now all u half a** beat reporters steal it

Once again so nobody tries to misinterpret my words: Rex & Schotty had words & also shoves where exchanged. Done in closed area after game

**BREAKING NEWS** Turmoil on the Jets coaching staff after Rex & Schotty get into a shouting match with Schotty shoving Rex/ This is trouble

**BREAKING NEWS** The altercation seems to be over the Shonn Greene benching and play calls on final drive. about 1 hour ago via web

**BREAKING NEWS** 2 Well placed sources that travel with team indicate Rex Ryan had to be separated (By Coaches) from Schotty after game about 1 hour ago via web

**BREAKING NEWS** 2 Sources indicate Rex & Schottenheimer involved in a altercation in closed area after game last night (Shoving & Yelling)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the problem with Greene being benched? Hadn't he screwed up enough that game already? Even AP gets benched for fumbles. Somehow Greene is above that? I'm sorry but if Rex was mad that Greene got benched HE is the one in the wrong here. If LT had all the carries that game the Jets have a very high likelihood of winning that game, at least 12-10.

What was the problem with Greene being benched? Hadn't he screwed up enough that game already? Even AP gets benched for fumbles. Somehow Greene is above that? I'm sorry but if Rex was mad that Greene got benched HE is the one in the wrong here. If LT had all the carries that game the Jets have a very high likelihood of winning that game, at least 12-10.

+1

He wasn't in the game when he returned. If Greene were half awake he'd have made the catch.

+1

He wasn't in the game when he returned. If Greene were half awake he'd have made the catch.

If Brian Schottenheimer knew what the **** he was doing... he wouldn't have called for an obvious pass play to the RB who is supposed to slam the ball into the pile. I couldn't believe my eyes last night watching the passes to Greene, while LT was used to run it up the gut.

Did Schotty think this was going to trick anyone?

Speaking of the tricksy Schotty fooling everyone and no-one all at once... All the pre-snap motion bullsh*t doesn't fool our opponents, instead it cause FALSE STARTS by our offense AT HOME!!! NO winning team takes false start penalties at home.

I don't know if true, but something in the Rex post game press conference jumped out at me that might led credence to it.

Rex was asked if he benched Greene after the fumble and Rex said "I didn't bench anybody" or something to that effect. It was a real terse answer and he went to the next question.

Question on this as it wasn't clear to me, who actually benched Greene? Could it also be that Rex ordered him benched and Schott was pissed off at Rex about that? Or did I miss something?

Good. Rex shouldve slapped him like a bitch...Benching Shone like its preseason are you kidding me. It was obvious that Shotty has the locks on Sanchez and is still treating him like a baby..Its also obvious he is in love with Tomilson..

Tomlinson was the best Jets offensive player not named Steve Wetherford. He's the only guy who showed any explosiveness.

Princess Shotty gets in a tussle...how cute!

You really have nothing better to do than show us your toys?

Get a life, there are much better things to get off on than this.

I don't know what your mommy tells you, but trolling is a pathetic existence.

Question on this as it wasn't clear to me, who actually benched Greene? Could it also be that Rex ordered him benched and Schott was pissed off at Rex about that? Or did I miss something?

Ok thanks. I just hope this is all true and Schott is on his way out. Just promote Callahan and it can only get better.

No, it would make us even more of a laughing stock!

Rex said he had no concerns for the offense going into the game.

He already looks like fool, this would make him look even worse.

If you are going to fire your OC, you do it before camp. They should have did it from day 1, last year when Rex got hired!

If they fire Schotty, then Callahan better get more out of them with Schotty's playbook, because learning a new one now would be disastrous.

Not to get in the middle of the family fued here....but I would not take everything Rex says as gospel.

1) Everyone is great. Clearly that is not the case when you rolled out the red carpet for Revis.

2) The last hard knocks - when people were out of position - they were benched by Rex. When a player fumbles - yup, benched by Rex.

3)All the pandering to the camera about Sanchez becoming a true leader was BS.

4) Rex lobbying for Richardson and his leadership was not BS.

5) Rex can draw 'em as good or better than anyone in the NFL when it comes to the defensive side of the ball - but I think he has his head up his a$$ on the offensive side of the ball. Sometimes you have to take over and your OC needs to be "demoted" somehow.

No, it would make us even more of a laughing stock!

Rex said he had no concerns for the offense going into the game.

He already looks like fool, this would make him look even worse.

If you are going to fire your OC, you do it before camp. They should have did it from day 1, last year when Rex got hired!

If they fire Schotty, then Callahan better get more out of them with Schotty's playbook, because learning a new one now would be disastrous.

It wouldn't be the first time nor will it be the last that a coordinator is fired during the season. IMO, Schott deserves to get fired after that truly pathetic performance. Really, could it be any worse having Callahan take over? It would be an improvement IMO. At the very least, they should strip Schotty of all play calling duties, and then can him after the season.

Not to get in the middle of the family fued here....but I would not take everything Rex says as gospel.

1) Everyone is great. Clearly that is not the case when you rolled out the red carpet for Revis.

2) The last hard knocks - when people were out of position - they were benched by Rex. When a player fumbles - yup, benched by Rex.

5) Rex can draw 'em as good or better than anyone in the NFL when it comes to the defensive side of the ball - but I think he has his head up his a$$ on the offensive side of the ball. Sometimes you have to take over and your OC needs to be "demoted" somehow.

Thats all fine and dandy but would BB do?

This is exactly what I was thinking. IMO - Rex probably did order the benching, and ripped Schott a new one for end of the game play calling. That in turn caused Schott to go after Rex. I just hope this is true and at the very least he is demoted.

Thats all fine and dandy but would BB do?

BB "demoted" Eric Mangini before. Didn't Big Tuna "demote" Charlie Weiss once? As a matter of fact, the Pats have no official OC or DC this season. I think that's a little effed up. But heck, what do I know...right, Spicoli? :)

She's right, you know. We'd be 1-0 right now if Rex hadn't said stuff about things.

He'd wear his purple suit...

rexgrimace.png

you can learn a thing or two from Garb and the other fans of opposing teams we have here, you ******* child.

Where are the mods? why do these new idiots have free reign over here?

Archived