Woodhead Gone, The Clown is Back

flgreen

Sep 145:29PM ETEmail Print Comments By Rich CiminiWR David Clowney, whom the Jets released on the final cutdown, was re-signed Tuesday by the team, according to a league source.

It's possible that Clowney took the job because Laveranues Coles turned it down. Earlier in the day, Rex Ryan said he was interested in re-signing Coles. But when he was released in the preseason, Coles hinted that he might retire.

In another move, the Jets released fan favorite Danny Woodhead, a running back/receiver

odd

the jets depth chart is really lacking in both WR and RB, so they cut the guy who can do both

I guess they feel clowney has a better chance of seeing the ball as a WR than woody does as a RB

which is really odd the day after greene pissed down his leg on MNF

odd

the jets depth chart is really lacking in both WR and RB, so they cut the guy who can do both

I guess they feel clowney has a better chance of seeing the ball as a WR than woody does as a RB

which is really odd the day after greene pissed down his leg on MNF

And who's going to throw him the ball? I'd rather have a sure handed running back/receiver since they are so hard to come by around here.

As one of the few Clowney fans, I am happy to hear this, but sad to see Woodhead cut. Forget Coles. He is shot. What I hope is the real underlying story is Ryan chewed out Shotty today and this is an indication that the Jets will start throwing the ball downfield to WRs. What a concept.

Archived