Jets Inquired Browns @ Shaun Rogers

Darth Vader

Would You Do a 2011 2nd Rounder for Rogers?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Do a 2011 2nd Rounder for Rogers?

• Hell Yes
    • Hell No

Maybe as a NT, but not overall.

They're both morons with terrible reputations. One guy stomped a man with his cleats and the other brought a loaded weapon onto a plane.

Haynesworth just got his azz handed to him at NT by the guy whose face he stomped.

I'll take the guy that takes the loaded gun onto the plane. :blink:

Haynesworth just got his azz handed to him at NT by the guy whose face he stomped.

I'll take the guy that takes the loaded gun onto the plane. :blink:

Ha! Oh the irony.

Rogers is probably a better fit, whats the situation up there? Mangini just had it out for him since day 1?

Honestly, if its a 2nd, I'd rather keep it. Pouha is probably better.

Ha! Oh the irony.

Rogers is probably a better fit, whats the situation up there? Mangini just had it out for him since day 1?

Honestly, if its a 2nd, I'd rather keep it. Pouha is probably better.

pouha is incredibly underrated. the defense got better with him in last year.

not saying pouha > jenks, but pouha >> conventional wisdom

i"m not cool with the DL rotational depth, which is why this move makes sense.

pouha is amazing IMO, but if no roster move is made, we are asking a lot of snaps out of him.

pouha is amazing IMO, but if no roster move is made, we are asking a lot of snaps out of him.

For sure. Lost in the amazingness of Revis last year was the dominance of Pouha and how he anchored the line.

2nd is too high IMO. We are not desperate. We have a good rotation with DeVito. And Kroul has shown signs of being a serviceable player. I'd be more prone to give a Marques Douglas another go round if you really want more depth. Just dont think you trade a 2nd rounder for depth. Plus he's just not worth it.

eggsactly

For sure. Lost in the amazingness of Revis last year was the dominance of Pouha and how he anchored the line.

2nd is too high IMO. We are not desperate. We have a good rotation with DeVito. And Kroul has shown signs of being a serviceable player. I'd be more prone to give a Marques Douglas another go round if you really want more depth. Just dont think you trade a 2nd rounder for depth.

theoretically will be a low second.. i'm sure tanny could get em down to a 3 + later round pick

theoretically will be a low second.. i'm sure tanny could get em down to a 3 + later round pick

If Tanny can work his magic and get him for a 3rd or 4th round pick, absolutely. Hell, we took McKnight that early.

But a 2nd, no way...even a 3rd is high in my opinion, unless like you so nerdly put it "theoretically" the Jets arent the suck and its a late. Even that way I'd have to weigh my options.

KJ is done his NYJETS career is over we need to move on. This team is built to win now. Why not give up a 3rd for Rogers hes a decent replacement for KJ. I agree Pouha is ok and so is DeVito but long term and a grueling schedule with targets on our backs id prefer to take a chance on Rogers. We could rotate these 3 and keep them all fresh and healthy. I say go for it Tanne.

NO! Let's try and keep some picks for a change.

We have Pouha who fills in just fine.

We also have some depth at tackle already.

If Pouha gets injured, are you OK with his back ups? I'm not. I agree with the others and let Tanny work his magic and see if he can be had for a lot less.

The Browns got him two years ago for a 3rd and Leigh Bodden (after a deal for a 3rd and a 5th fell thru for Detroit). He's 31 years old now. I wouldn't want to go higher than a conditional 4th, but I'd definitely be talking to them.

Pouha did do a great job last year filling in for Jenkins, but now we really have no solid depth behind him. Being able to play Pouha at DE is also a plus.

If Pouha gets injured, are you OK with his back ups? I'm not. I agree with the others and let Tanny work his magic and see if he can be had for a lot less.

OK, well the question says for a 2nd.

Shaun Rogers is not worth that, if it means sending the Browns a second then yes I'm OK with Pouha's back ups.

The Browns got him two years ago for a 3rd and Leigh Bodden (after a deal for a 3rd and a 5th fell thru for Detroit). He's 31 years old now. I wouldn't want to go higher than a conditional 4th, but I'd definitely be talking to them.

Pouha did do a great job last year filling in for Jenkins, but now we really have no solid depth behind him. Being able to play Pouha at DE is also a plus.

one of the biggest reasons why i would like to get a replacement NT if the price is right. Rogers is def. not worth a 2nd, a 3rd is really pushing it but if it's a 4th id definitely take a flier.

A little different now in the other direction, in that Rogers no longer needs a new contract with new, big bonus money.

A lot of players that go to other teams for lower compensation than they should is that the team that acquires them has to give up picks AND a UFA-type contract. For example, we got the #29 pick for John Abraham. If he was already under contract with his bonus money paid, we would have gotten a pick a lot higher.

Rogers wouldn't be owed any bonus money, so if he pulls up lame (or plays lame) the Jets or anyone who trades for him wouldn't be locked into paying him for the next few years. As a result, his trade value is higher than if he needed a new deal before stepping onto the field.

So while he's 2 years older than when the Browns got him, that's probably negated by the lack of $20M in guaranteed money going forward. His trade value is probably pretty close to what it was back then. Hopefully we can get him for a lot less.

Thats what I'm thinking about, I was excited to see Jenkins and Pouha on the field together this year and am pissed it never really happenned.

Tannenbaum is a master GM. I'm sure there's mad depth at the position and he won't have to burn more high picks in order to purchase an expensive stopgap. He never does that.

Is something wrong with my sarcasm meter? It seems to be pegged for some reason.

Tannenbaum is a master GM. I'm sure there's mad depth at the position and he won't have to burn more high picks in order to purchase an expensive stopgap. He never does that.

Yes you're so right. We should bring back Terry Bradway, or Rich Kotite. Hey maybe re-hire the Fat Tuna so he can quit on us in 2 years. Tanny could never assemble talent like those guys can.

How many other team's cast-offs do we want here? Since when is Rex Father Flanagan?

Dude, have you ever had an issue with deals we've made with the Browns? We traded up to get Sanchez for practically nothing, and we brought in Braylon Edwards for practically nothing. What makes you think Tannenbaum can't low-ball the Browns into dealing us Rogers for practically nothing?

Rogers for a conditional 4th that can end up a 3rd. Do it.

Archived