Here we go again: Manny wants out of Boston

TaborJet

Here we go again: Manny wants out of Boston

Ramirez reportedly would like to be dealt to Angels or Indians

NBCSports.com news services

Updated: 5:18 p.m. ET Oct. 29, 2005

BOSTON - Here we go again. Manny Ramirez has asked to be traded from the Boston Red Sox, the Boston Globe reported Saturday.

The Globe said Gene Mato, one of Ramirez's representatives, communicated to Red Sox owner John W. Henry on Friday that Ramirez wants out of Boston and will not report to spring training if his wish to be dealt is not met, according to a team source.

Ramirez, who has 10 years of major league service and five consecutive with the same team, can block a trade to any team. With that in mind, The Globe said Mato told Henry that Ramirez might decide during the process of being shopped that he wishes to remain with the Red Sox.

The newspaper said general manager Theo Epstein would neither confirm nor deny Ramirez has requested a trade, but said late Friday night, ''Manny, his representatives, and the Red Sox have open lines of communication and will throughout the offseason. I think we all want whatever is in the club's best interest and Manny's best interest. (But) those conversations are private and completely confidential. For anyone to reveal the nature of those talks would be ridiculous. We have no comment."

There are reports Ramirez would like to be dealt to the Anaheim Angels or Cleveland Indians.

The request comes only three months after Ramirez asked to be traded by the July 31 deadline. CEO Larry Lucchino told The Globe the slugger's request is ''not anything unusual," saying it was the fourth time since Henry bought the team that Ramirez asked out.

Ramirez pulled his trade demand right before the July 31 deadline and remained with the team, then saying,

Where are all my detractors now? Where is loudmouth dingbat Garb to wax poetic on the virtues of Man-Ram? Let me guess...this is just Manny being Manny again right?

F THAT!

On one hand, I want to see him gone ASAP. I would even go so far as to say I vote for paying halfof his salary just to get his cancerous ass the hell out of here (like Texas did to get A-Rod out ASAP)

But, if Manny is truly miserable in Boston...they should refuse any trade offers...even for multiple top flight pitching prospects. He hates the media? Good...make "mandatory 3-hour pre and post game interviews a team wide policy" Give Manny's personal address to Bostondirtdogs.com for all I give a sh*t. Just find a way to stick it to his malcontent ass!

Screw these athletes that try to boss around their teams when they signed their own damn contract!

You will never get equal value for his bat now, so the best recourse may be to hang on to him, unless you can sucker the Mets out of a few top flight minor leaguers, and go sign Andrew Jones.

But, replacing 40+ HRs, 130+ RBIs, and the best protection Ortiz will ever get, is darn near impossible.

JBF - do me a favor and don't cry when the Yankees run anway with the division in 2006, k? Can't wait to see how the Sox try to make up for Manny's production at the plate (as well as David Ortiz's). Not to mention they have to replace one the leagues best lead-off hitters. Yup, Lyin' Larry will be on full-spin mode all season long. Should be fun. However, he will have successfully vilianized Manny to the point,(media leaks are a beautiful thing, eh? Who cares if it's actually true! - and keep watch on the Johnny Damon actually sucked stuff that is sure to come), that morons like you will be convinced that this is a GOOD move. :roll:

What this is like the third or fourth straight year he has asked for a trade- Boston will never get full value if they can find any team to trade him to

For a guy that is unhappy he puts up big numbers time and again

What this is like the third or fourth straight year he has asked for a trade- Boston will never get full value if they can find any team to trade him to

For a guy that is unhappy he puts up big numbers time and again

The point is - will the Bosox finallyy trade him to rid themselves of the headache?

Big mistake. IMO.

I doubt that he'll end up Cleveland. Bringing on Ramirez would require taking on that huge contract and getting rid of some top prospects, possibly someone like Grady Sizemore. That would go against the Indian's entire philosophy of the last few years. Small to moderate payroll, rely on prospect development, which is why they are successful now. They could easily win teh division next season with the talent they have on the roster at present.

The Angels are a possibility. I would imagine the Sox would want some top-end prospects and a starting pitcher (Erwin Santana perhaps?) in exchange.

A lineup that featured Ramirez and Guerrero would be absolutely sick.

I doubt that he'll end up Cleveland. Bringing on Ramirez would require taking on that huge contract and getting rid of some top prospects, possibly someone like Grady Sizemore. That would go against the Indian's entire philosophy of the last few years. Small to moderate payroll, rely on prospect development, which is why they are successful now. They could easily win teh division next season with the talent they have on the roster at present.

The Angels are a possibility. I would imagine the Sox would want some top-end prospects and a starting pitcher (Erwin Santana perhaps?) in exchange.

A lineup that featured Ramirez and Guerrero would be absolutely sick.

The Angels would be the team to watch if they ever landed Manny. Even though he is not the team type of player they have, that is one potent bat to add to that lineup.

Archived