WE got 1st downs from pass interference!

JerryK

Hard to believe..and it felt good.

My question for you guys that analyze this stuff is... were those passes 'safe'?

Was the coverage tight enough another option might have been better? I'm THRILLED we got the calls but a little worried those might become picks in weeks to follow.

The Edwards one I remember was an underthrow, probably intentional considering there was little seperation. It was very much like a longer version of the TD/2pt con and IMO Braylon would have got it. The Cotchery one was only ever going to be caught by Cotch although I'm not sure if he actually would have got to it.

Most of Sanchez's throws were very safe, he was simply on the money yesterday.

The way PI is called these days has made this the new MO throughout the league -- just chuck the ball up there and draw the penalty. It isn't pretty but is effective.

This started to be very prevalent when we started seeing the transition to the smaller faster WRs who would get the receiver on their hip and just turn back to the ball. I saw Peyton do it all the time with Harrison and Wayne.

For all the talk of the Pats weapons, which they rightly deserve, it's going to be very difficult to cover Braylon, Cotchery, Holmes and Keller..especially with the type of separation he was getting yesterday.

Archived