Rich Cimini says 1 game for Revis

PhinHater

Disagree, Vicious. The Fins receiving corp isn't very good. Marshall isn't a burner so they can put Cromartie on him. Cro does well against tall receivers.

I disagree with you on the fact that Cro will do well on Marshall. Marshall is easily one of the 2-3 most PHYSICAL receivers in the game, and while I think we won't see Marshall go deep on us next week, he is going to shred us on slants, hooks, outs, etc. Anything that requires a jam at the line and excellent tackling is playing into Cro's weakness. That's just my opinion though, I think Cro is great for man-man deep coverage on these tall receivers like you said, that tend to run real deep patterns.

If I'm the Phins I throw plenty of short stuff to Marshall and some screens.

Didn't Marshall have like his best game ever against Cro?

That was against the Chargers defense.

Cromartie is not merely a cog in Rex's defensive machine. While Rex uses 1 on 1 coverage alot, it's different now with Revis out. Rex won't use the all-out blitz any more, so Cro won't be on an "island." Cro matches up well physically with Marshall (size wise, not as a physical corner) and with the help of Rex's scheme Cro should play well.

Edited by SMC

I disagree with you on the fact that Cro will do well on Marshall. Marshall is easily one of the 2-3 most PHYSICAL receivers in the game, and while I think we won't see Marshall go deep on us next week, he is going to shred us on slants, hooks, outs, etc. Anything that requires a jam at the line and excellent tackling is playing into Cro's weakness. That's just my opinion though, I think Cro is great for man-man deep coverage on these tall receivers like you said, that tend to run real deep patterns.

I get that and you make great points. BUT, the underneath stuff would be problematic without the true deep threat since if Marshall is doing the slants, hooks, outs, etc. that means Marshall is potentially going up against not only Cro, but Harris and Scott as well.

I get that and you make great points. BUT, the underneath stuff would be problematic without the true deep threat since if Marshall is doing the slants, hooks, outs, etc. that means Marshall is potentially going up against not only Cro, but Harris and Scott as well.

Either way, it's going to be a good game. I'm not pounding my chest that we're going to win or hanging my head that we're going to lose. I think having Revis would help us out more, but we'll see how we react. The Vikings D didn't do terribly against the Phins outside of one long play that was Lito in terrible coverage.

I also agree on your points about Marshall's record setting game. Chargers play a more zone based scheme which Marshall tore up. It'll be interesting to see how we attack Miami considering their excellent running game.

Cromartie is not merely a cog in Rex's defensive machine. While Rex uses 1 on 1 coverage alot, it's different now with Revis out. Rex won't use the all-out blitz any more, so Cro won't be on an "island." Cro matches up well physically with Marshall and with the help of Rex's scheme Cro should play well.

Haha! No!

Marshall is a physical player, Cromartie isn't. Marshall will get his catches underneath, and Cromartie's a terrible tackler. Cromarite matches up better with guys streaking down the field than he does against these types of receivers. With Revis out, there's no reason to put any one CB on any one receiver, anyway. I'd have Wilson on Marshall a lot. At least he's willing to do some jamming at the line, and looks capable of tackling when he has to.

The Jets might be better served having Cromartie spend a lot of time around Fasano.

But this game will be more of a test of the Jenkinsless front seven than the Revisless secondary.

Haha! No!

Marshall is a physical player, Cromartie isn't. Marshall will get his catches underneath, and Cromartie's a terrible tackler. Cromarite matches up better with guys streaking down the field than he does against these types of receivers. With Revis out, there's no reason to put any one CB on any one receiver, anyway. I'd have Wilson on Marshall a lot. At least he's willing to do some jamming at the line, and looks capable of tackling when he has to.

The Jets might be better served having Cromartie spend a lot of time around Fasano.

But this game will be more of a test of the Jenkinsless front seven than the Revisless secondary.

Slats, I agree with you. When I said "physically" I should have said "size wise." My bad.

Yes, Marshall is a physical receiver but he's a possession type that would be going over the middle. The point is that the Pats don't have WRs that can spread the field and open up the underneath stuff for Marshall. In that sense, Marshall would be going against Cro and the LBs.

he's better running in a straigh tline and tracking the ball.. he sucks covering short routes.. isn't that quick laterlly imo

Cromartie is not merely a cog in Rex's defensive machine. While Rex uses 1 on 1 coverage alot, it's different now with Revis out. Rex won't use the all-out blitz any more, so Cro won't be on an "island." Cro matches up well physically with Marshall and with the help of Rex's scheme Cro should play well.

Size wise maybe, but Marshall absolutely dominates him in physical play.

I don't like that match-up one bit, and I can easily see Cro getting eaten up with no chance of bringing Marshall down after a catch.

He better be on his game, and get allot of help if this ends up being the case.

Just past conventional wisdom tells me no matter how well we match up, it's going to be a close game regardless. I'm hoping we can play them like game two last year...minus ginn of course.

True, but I like our chances allot more with a healthy Revis.

I just hope we have a healthy Revis at some point this year, sucks that we won't have that this week!

Size wise maybe, but Marshall absolutely dominates him in physical play.

I don't like that match-up one bit, and I can easily see Cro getting eaten up with no chance of bringing Marshall down after a catch.

He better be on his game, and get allot of help if this ends up being the case.

Yeah, I agree with all of you guys on Marshall being more physical than Cro. BUT, I'm looking at it from a scheme perspective. Marshall is not torching anybody. Cro will get help from the LBs.

Cro is very familiar with B Marsh and he usually gets the better of that match up. 1 game B Marsh lit him up good, but typically Cro holds him to low catches and low gains. The only thing that scares me with Cro vs. Marsh is that Cro cant tackle for doodoo and B Marsh is tough to bring down. Either way, B Marsh might get a ton of short sh*t, but highly doubt he burns Cro long...that isnt his game and Cro guards that well.

Also, have you watched any of the Dolphags? Their offense is horrible. I'm sure they'll have a coming out party against us at home, but overall, they are not a impressive unit in the least.

Their defense on the other hand has been good, but you can definitely run at Starks. He doesnt handle the rush well, but he does do a good job at pass rushing.

BTW, I blame CTM for Mevis's injury. He had to say this was going to happen during the hold out as often as he was able.

Cro is very familiar with B Marsh and he usually gets the better of that match up. 1 game B Marsh lit him up good, but typically Cro holds him to low catches and low gains. The only thing that scares me with Cro vs. Marsh is that Cro cant tackle for doodoo and B Marsh is tough to bring down. Either way, B Marsh might get a ton of short sh*t, but highly doubt he burns Cro long...that isnt his game and Cro guards that well.

Also, have you watched any of the Dolphags? Their offense is horrible. I'm sure they'll have a coming out party against us at home, but overall, they are not a impressive unit in the least.

Their defense on the other hand has been good, but you can definitely run at Starks. He doesnt handle the rush well, but he does do a good job at pass rushing.

BTW, I blame CTM for Mevis's injury. He had to say this was going to happen during the hold out as often as he was able.

I'm mostly afraid of their short game pulling out CB's in for a bomb to Marshall.

Yeah, I agree with all of you guys on Marshall being more physical than Cro. BUT, I'm looking at it from a scheme perspective. Marshall is not torching anybody. Cro will get help from the LBs.

I don't think you'll see either CB lined up on him exclusively. It will be a down and distance thing, moreso than ever with Revis out.

But if they're doubling him anyway (and they should), I'd have Wilson in his face at the line a lot. I think they will, too.

I don't think you'll see either CB lined up on him exclusively. It will be a down and distance thing, moreso than ever with Revis out.

But if they're doubling him anyway (and they should), I'd have Wilson in his face at the line a lot. I think they will, too.

he'll GET his 8 catches for 54 yards-we can live with that

I'm mostly afraid of their short game pulling out CB's in for a bomb to Marshall.

But thats not Marshall...its not his game. He's a possession receiver. Seriously, he's not nearly as scary as people make him out to be, wayyy overrated IMO.

Regarding Revis; I say sit him till after the break if he's really injured...let him heal. We really dont need him until after the break. I'm not worried about the passing attack of the Dolphags, Bills, Vikings or Broncos.

But coming out of the break we have the Packers and then Detroit and CJ is a beast. Then Texans, Pats, Bengals. We need him healthy for that stretch.

But thats not Marshall...its not his game. He's a possession receiver. Seriously, he's not nearly as scary as people make him out to be, wayyy overrated IMO.

Regarding Revis; I say sit him till after the break if he's really injured...let him heal. We really dont need him until after the break. I'm not worried about the passing attack of the Dolphags, Bills, Vikings or Broncos.

But coming out of the break we have the Packers and then Detroit and CJ is a beast. Then Texans, Pats, Bengals. We need him healthy for that stretch.

I think Marshall is good. And he is capable of hurting us, more than what we've seen from the Phins in the past 2 years.

Loss to Ravens as Rex didnt feel good about Revis covering Boldin and now this cause you were out of shape.

Thanks for the holdout Mr. Teamguy blink.gif

You got your extra drachma even though signed already and we may lose homefield advantage

But you are happy, thats all that counts Mr. Teamguy

Haha! No!

I can't believe we are going into week 3 without Revis OR Jenkins and I'm not really that worried. Wow. Rex has a great system.

Cimini updated:

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports that the "feeling" around the Jets is that Darrelle Revis (hamstring) will miss "at least two games."

Cimini's original report had Revis missing "at least one game," so he's revised it to account for a winnable game against Buffalo's league-worst passing game. Antonio Cromartie actually moves to left cornerback with Revis out, and Brandon Marshall plays most of his snaps at LWR, so he won't necessarily matchup up with Cromartie for the whole game in Week 3. Marshall will still have his way with Drew Coleman, Dwight Lowery, and Kyle Wilson.

Report:Jets' Revis out until at least Week 5 - NFL/NBCSPORTS.COM