Braylon Edwards Busted for DWI

PatsFanTX

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie wasn't arrested for assault last year like Braylon was. Multiple offenses are frowned upon by Goodell, especially when they're within a year of each other.

DWI is DWi who gives a **** if he had a prior offense. If the commissioner wants to be consistent he won't get suspended yet.

Police said they smelled alcohol and Edwards blew a 0.16 on a Breathalyzer, or double the state's legal limit of 0.08, cops said.

Well, at least we know now why Edwards has so many dropped passes.

When you always see 3 balls coming your way, it's pretty tough to figure which one to go after.

I hope this creates an opportunity for him to get his **** together. From the second he showed up and gravitated immediately to Fairy Rhodes and had the same punk tendencies ... there just wasn't a whole lot to like about him.

His on field activity has really turned me around on him - he's grabbed some real tough chance passes, hasn't let his dropsie issues become a trademark, and delivers some punishing blocks and hits when he's not grabbing footballs. Holmes is a more gifted athlete but is not devoid of village idiot syndrome either. C'mon Braylon, pick yourself up and learn something from this real stupid mistake.

I just hope that he doesn't get suspended until AFTER Santonio comes back-they can delay the trial can't they? My initial thought was the cop had to be a Giants fan

As was mentioned previously, no suspension will come down until everything is processed in a court of law. Unless the Jets suspend him themselves, he'll be out there until at least midseason.

I don't know why you guys are being so hard on Braylon. It is customary for the players to go on a multiday bender after winning the superbowl. Saints had a hell of party after they won the Superbowl. And Edward partied just as hardy after the 2nd annual week 2 Jets superbowl victory.

Not to bitter there hey LOSER?

He wont be suspended by the NFL until the due process of the law is finished. But, that does not stop the JETS from imposing their own suspension.

That's the logistics of it. No way he goes to trial before Holmes gets back. I'd say it's doubtful it gets to trial before the end of the season.

But he is an idiot who has completely sealed his fate with this team.

And while I agree with whoever said they seemed to like Holmes better anyway, I think they really liked these guys in competition with each other for the season. That certainly just changed.

Paris Hilton... busted... felony cocaine possesion... No Jail. Lindsay Lohan... (I do not even have to comment about Lindsay) However, a black man in the NFL... forget about it. This dude will have the book thrown at him.

Let's not throw the race card in this. You got OJ getting away with double murder and that chump Ray Lewis and that whole murder fiasco...plenty of stories out there without bringing race into it.

Fat chance. He's going to get suspended over this.

If Rex had any control of his football team, or an ounce of discipline in his pinky, he would make Edwards inactive (only the league can suspend) for the game against the Phins.

It will be very interesting to see how Rex handles this.

Let's not throw the race card in this. You got OJ getting away with double murder and that chump Ray Lewis and that whole murder fiasco...plenty of stories out there without bringing race into it.

He was pulled over at 5AM for having overly tinted windows. No doubt a flagrant violation of DWB (Driving While Black).

Won't effect him at trial, but it is all the more reason he needs to be smarter.

If Rex had any control of his football team, or an ounce of discipline in his pinky, he would make Edwards inactive (only the league can suspend) for the game against the Phins.

It will be very interesting to see how Rex handles this.

No. What Rex should do is fine him $$$ then put his azz in the game and move on. This ain;t 3rd grade.

Archived