Francessa... fat-wheezing about "no-character" Jets

Integrity28

"Don't make this about how I hate the Jets. We'll talk about that another day."

Haha I was laughing my a$$ off when he said that cause he seems to say it every day. Whenever anybody tries to call him out he immediately says that and hangs up on them. He is a giant prick and it's a shame too cause I like the rest of WFANs shows, why the hell does the fat a$$ get 5 hours?

Haha I was laughing my a$$ off when he said that cause he seems to say it every day. Whenever anybody tries to call him out he immediately says that and hangs up on them. He is a giant prick and it's a shame too cause I like the rest of WFANs shows, why the hell does the fat a$$ get 5 hours?

Hes a loser. WFAN needs to fire him and bring some dignity to those hours of radio time.

I know Ronnie Brown got a DUI in the offseason. I'm sure the Dolphins have already suspended him for a game this year. It's only the evil Jets that would dare play a guy who did this.

they had 4 players get arrested this off season, correct ?

where was the outrage ?

where was fatboy questioning parcells ?

lol

didn't parcells play LT even tho he knew he was doing blow ?

lol

Someone called in and asked how come he does not have anyone from the Jets on to talk about this.

He screamed at him, "what does that matter" "what are they possibly going to tell me that I don't already know!"

He does not have anybody from the Jets on, because he can't get anybody!

What jackass!

they had 4 players get arrested this off season, correct ?

where was the outrage ?

where was fatboy questioning parcells ?

lol

didn't parcells play LT even tho he knew he was doing blow ?

lol

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

You think Braylon not being punished will send the season down the drain?

lol

Where does it say that? Learn how to read. I was agreeing with you. Right means "correct' in some circles. But I can see where you might have taken it to be a negative. The rest of the statement is clear enough. Why should the team suffer for one idiot? That is what it said. And I don't know about you but Miami being 0-3 and us being 1-2 could make this season problematic.

Da Jets just don't get it. Dey do not get it...Don't get it! If there are things to be gotten...and believe me I know there are things to be gotten...I was talking to Paw-cells about it and he said to me there's a whole lot of things to get...That just means there's alot of things da Jets don't have. Dey jus don't have it. Da fans are are...are just ready ready to follow anyone who promises dem a SupaBowwl. If dey know what they're doin over dere, dey'd sit down Edwards on Sunday. Sit'emdown. Ya gottaaaa do it. Ya gotta save face here. Dey just keep embarrassin demselves.

He really enjoys trolling Jets fans...I guess it's somewhat funny.

Can someone...anyone with half a brain call this fat ****, you know someone who can complete sentences and make a coherent argument. Whoever the screener is he deserves a raise. And has anyone even brought up McKenzie yet?

I tried to call in, the number's always busy.

Anyway anytime someone who's going to make sense and put him in his place gets through, he just hangs up on them.

He totally skirted McKenzie about 3 times today, he does not admit that he did not even make a peep about that, nor does he acknowledge it.

He's a total windbag, full of sh*t hippo-crit.

Because he has mastered the art of exploiting negative attention. He drives ratings by saying exactly what it takes to make Jets fans blood boil... over... and over... and over... and they keep listening, calling and coming back for more.

I tried to call in, the number's always busy.

Anyway anytime someone who's going to make sense and put him in his place gets through, he just hangs up on them.

He totally skirted McKenzie about 3 times today, he does not admit that he did not even make a peep about that, nor does he acknowledge it.

He's a total windbag, full of sh*t hippo-crit.

I tried also, threes got to be a private number that the regulars like Ira call into, I asked fatsessa that at his yearly Mulchays in wantagh show last December and he denied it,he said those regular callers just know the right time to call. So good news is fatsessa can lie right to your face as well as he can through the microphone

Because he has mastered the art of exploiting negative attention. He drives ratings by saying exactly what it takes to make Jets fans blood boil... over... and over... and over... and they keep listening, calling and coming back for more.

They always did, I think Mad Dog use to be in-charge of this though.

Ever notice, how he would always pick the Jets to lose games they should win, and win games they should lose?

I tried also, threes got to be a private number that the regulars like Ira call into, I asked fatsessa that at his yearly Mulchays in wantagh show last December and he denied it,he said those regular callers just know the right time to call. So good news is fatsessa can lie right to your face as well as he can through the microphone

Tell me about it, I like how he says he's not hanging up on the people, as he's pressing the disconnect button and saying, "no that does something else."

What a clown!

Late in the show someone finally asked him about jacobs and he dismissed the caller and said you can't compare a crime to an action on the field, haha, as if Jacobs threw his helmet at a defensive lineman or something, this guy is sick. Does he really think if Jacobs hit a 5yr old with his helmet he wouldn't have been charged with a crime?

They always did, I think Mad Dog use to be in-charge of this though.

Ever notice, how he would always pick the Jets to lose games they should win, and win games they should lose?

Mad dog at least kept this guy in line a little, even if fatsessa didn't respect him he at least had another pro there to disagree, it seemed like when dog first left mike was really nice and respectful to the callers because he was probably nervous about his reputation with the public, then after he saw his ratings weren't taking a hit he went right back to his normal self, is that my imagination? Did you notice that?

Mad dog at least kept this guy in line a little, even if fatsessa didn't respect him he at least had another pro there to disagree, it seemed like when dog first left mike was really nice and respectful to the callers because he was probably nervous about his reputation with the public, then after he saw his ratings weren't taking a hit he went right back to his normal self, is that my imagination? Did you notice that?

Yup, and now he's worse than ever.

In context, it was a good beatdown. Tanny is lying his a$$ off about the union holding their feet to the fire. Treating the fans like idiots deserves a good media bitch-slap, IMO.

Per the CBA, you are NOT allowed to deactivate a player (even if you pay him) if you ordinarily would have dressed him. I mean for a fringe player, how do you know? But for someone like Edwards, it's obvious you'd dress him.

You can't do the TO/Keyshawn thing any longer. It's part of the friggen CBA and the fat slob wouldn't listen to people who brought that up.

Funny to listen to Boomer/Carton Tuesday morning, and Carton was talking about the bust of George Steinbrenner that they had at Yankee Stadium. He wanted one of him and Boomer. They said the Steinbrenner one weighed 700 lbs. Carton asks, "How much would one of Mike weigh?"

Mike Francesa slams the Jets for their handling of Edwards

Posted by Mike Florio on September 22, 2010 10:25 PM ET

On Tuesday, Jets receiver Braylon Edwards was arrested for DUI. In response, the Jets huffed and puffed, but they ultimately took no real action. Edwards will play on Sunday night against the Dolphins, but he won't start. Some players (including cornerback Darrelle Revis) have expressed confusion regarding this punishment.

Mike Francesa of WFAN isn't confused at all. The Jets are "trying to scam everybody into this idea that they can hide behind the Players Association here and put Braylon Edwards on the field," Francesa said Wednesday in an opening monologue during which he blasted the team for its handling of Edwards.

Calling it a "gutless and cowardly decision," Francesa launched into an extended rant regarding the situation.

"[This is] the same Braylon Edwards who was partying with Stallworth when Stallworth went out in his car and killed somebody," Francesa said. "That didn't seem to have any impact on Braylon Edwards who got in the car the other night tanked up and could have killed the people in the car, including two of his teammates and another innocent person, and maybe could have killed some family driving along the highway or some guy getting ready to work who has four kids at home. The Jets care about that? Nope. They care about the Dolphins. . . .

"This is the same Braylon Edwards who beat up a 130-pound man. You ever see the size of Braylon Edwards? He beat up a 130-pound guy in the street. Tough guy. Tough guy.

"Or the same Braylon Edwards who went whipping through a Cleveland suburb at 120 miles an hour. Ask Mr. T [G.M. Mike Tannenbaum] if he wants Braylon Edwards driving down the block where his kids play, driving 120 miles an hour. You want Braylon Edwards driving through your neighborhood at 120 miles an hour, with absolutely no regard for anybody's life?

"Braylon Edwards has learned one thing: Rules don't matter if you can catch a football."

Though Francesa initially directed blame at owner Woody Johnson, Francesa later turned his attention to Tannenbaum.

"A couple of years ago you used to hear Tannenbaum talk about character, and we only want players who talk about character," Francesa said. "That's before he linked up with Rex Ryan. And that's before he tried to save his job from guys like Bill Cowher. Then he got a little nervous when guys like Bill Cowher started snooping around his job, and he started doing anything he had to do to win. Which means putting guys like Edwards on the field after they get tanked up and drive through the streets of New York. . . . Go back and listen to the things he used to say about the Jets before he linked up with Rex Ryan. 'We don't want guys who are here who are not character guys. We check everyone out.'"

One one specific point, Francesa is mildly inaccurate. He believes that the NFLPA has no ability to force teams to dress or play players. The labor deal, however, prevents disciplinary deactivations with pay. That said, the player has to be willing to push the issue, and as Rosenthal pointed out earlier today Edwards has admitted that he wouldn't have fought it.

Francesa's core message is on the money. The Jets could have done much more to Edwards, and the idea that they didn't out of deference to the union is cover for ensuring that a starting-caliber receiver is on the field.

So when you hear any of the various talking heads on ESPN (we noticed several of them doing it today) explaining that the Jets had no choice but to let Edwards play, it's simply not true. If the Jets wanted to send a message to Edwards and the rest of the locker room, they could have told Edwards to stay in New York this weekend.

But, as Francesa put it, the Jets care about the Dolphins. And they want to beat the Dolphins. And they think that Edwards will help them beat the Dolphins.

What else should we expect? They traded for Edwards two days after he was arrested for assault. Nearly a year later, they're merely sleeping in the bed they made.

Mike Francesa slams the Jets for their handling of Edwards

Posted by Mike Florio on September 22, 2010 10:25 PM ET

The more often fatcessna can get his name attached to "jets" the better for him.. fat attention ho

This is all good stuff people, it means the jets are interesting.. beats being a 1-15 also ran by a mile

Archived