Is Leon Washed-upington?

Kleckineau

Dont know about you but I am sick of hearing about B.E.

How about.....

Do you think LW is done?

Was MT smart here or would he be playing better / more if he remained a NYJ?

Not getting many touches in Seattle, something like 10 for 29 yds in 2 games.

Too bad McKnight hasnt panned out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Leon (hate his agents), but yes, he's basically done and the front office made the right move. We got our fullback of the future/solid special teamer for him. He's 28 now and probably only has a couple more seasons where has ANY value.

Also, LT >>>>> Jones. Man were some of the people worrying about our RB situation overreacting. I just wish McKnight had anything to offer as the # 3 back. Oh well, can't win em all.

Leon should have took the deal the Jets offered him.

I wish we had a play-maker like he was for us though, especially on returns.

We do have allot of horses in the stable though, hopefully one of them shines through.

Mike T did the right thing, as much as I liked Leon, it had to be done.

Just wish we hadn't traded up for him. Wasted 2 picks on that idiot. Hopefully he turns things around and can be a contributor. He's just a rookie.

We're 2 games into his career. I understand things aren't looking up for him, but lets hold off for a second.

Still pretty pitiful. Nowhere near the kind of production we expected. Not even a touchdown!

Where are all the people who said the loss of Faneca and Jones wouldn't hurt our running game?/quote]

Present.

LT has like a 7 ypc average and no touchdowns.

Greene is going to be fine. He had a bad game against the Ravens and he was fine against the Pats. It seems like what they want to be doing is splitting the carries evenly throughout the first 3 quarters and using Greene as a closer. The numbers will come, relax.

Still pretty pitiful. Nowhere near the kind of production we expected. Not even a touchdown!

Where are all the people who said the loss of Faneca and Jones wouldn't hurt our running game?

Jets are 8th in the league in rushing this year, but their rushing attempts are way down. They're 4th in yards per rush with 4.8 ypc, and that's probably better than last year's team.

The running game is alive and well.

He probably isn't but Mike T. made the right move anyway. RB and LB are the easiest positions to replace on a well built/complete roster...I mean we got LT to replace Leon this year and McKnight as a developmental guy who has more raw talent than young Leon but less heart and polish...It's just the kind of position where it's easier to cover your a$$.

Jets are 8th in the league in rushing this year, but their rushing attempts are way down. They're 4th in yards per rush with 4.8 ypc, and that's probably better than last year's team.

The running game is alive and well.

Thanks for the info... puts things in perspective. Running game doesn't LOOK as productive, but it wouldn't if we're running it that much less. Still would like to see us develop the ability to "punch" it in on the goalline, and also hang on to the ball longer and give the D some rest here and there.

Thanks for the info... puts things in perspective. Running game doesn't LOOK as productive, but it wouldn't if we're running it that much less. Still would like to see us develop the ability to "punch" it in on the goalline, and also hang on to the ball longer and give the D some rest here and there.

We've played two games, one of which was against a perpetually great D.

Where are all the people who said the loss of Faneca and Jones wouldn't hurt our running game?

It has not hurt our running game, and it would be worse with Faneca and Jones!

It has not hurt our running game, and it would be worse with Faneca and Jones!

I don't necessarily agree with you on the Faneca part. Faneca was a liability to our passing game but was still a very capable run-blocker. Now, I haven't seen him with Arizona so I don't know how much he regressed in that department due to age, but I'd have to believe he's about as good or better than Slauson at run-blocking.

As for Jones, I 100 % agree. LT is WAY better as a # 2 back, both in productions and for the purposes for which LT is used (i.e. pass-catching).

I don't necessarily agree with you on the Faneca part. Faneca was a liability to our passing game but was still a very capable run-blocker. Now, I haven't seen him with Arizona so I don't know how much he regressed in that department due to age, but I'd have to believe he's about as good or better than Slauson at run-blocking.

As for Jones, I 100 % agree. LT is WAY better as a # 2 back, both in productions and for the purposes for which LT is used (i.e. pass-catching).

I hear you, but Faneca was worse at pass protection IMO, last week showed we can pass the ball down field.

Pass protection helps the passing game, and the passing game helps the run, because teams won't be stacking the box.

I hear you, but Faneca was worse at pass protection IMO, last week showed we can pass the ball down field.

Pass protection helps the passing game, and the passing game helps the run, because teams won't be stacking the box.

As long as Matt Slauson doesn't allow back-to-back sacks to Randy Starks to cost us the Miami game Sunday night, I'm thrilled that we have him instead of Faneca.

i miss LEON. much better to have an inactive mcknight then a Veteran RB who is a leader in the locker room and can be dynamic player.... yep ..great trade off

OY!

How can he be such a dynamic player when he can't even do his primary job (that is, run the ball) well? Granted, it is early still. And the leader stuff is overrated...we got LT to teach Greene and McKnight.

Granted, I feel it's too early to say he's washed up.

How can he be such a dynamic player when he can't even do his primary job (that is, run the ball) well? Granted, it is early still. And the leader stuff is overrated...we got LT to teach Greene and McKnight.

Granted, I feel it's too early to say he's washed up.

he had a 41yd kick return.. i dont think that is washed up..

and by the way... dont you have college applications and essays to do??? ;)

i miss LEON. much better to have an inactive mcknight then a Veteran RB who is a leader in the locker room and can be dynamic player.... yep ..great trade off

OY!

hey GG it's nice to see you posting more in the NFL section (since you seem to post in the lounge more)

but you seem to be overlooking Mr. Tomlinson. Not only is he the best running back of all time (per Marty Schotty) but he's going to replace the versatility that Leon brought before his horrendous injury.

LT is also a Patriot hater! what more could you ask for?

OY!

And how much would you be willing to pay said # 3 RB who won't see the field unless there's an injury? Maurice Jones-Drew money like Leon and his agents originally asked? The $2.5 million or so that the Jets counter-offered?

If Leon had stuck around, he'd have been our # 2 back, meaning no LT. You're making the argument that Leon > McKnight, when it wasn't McKnight who took his spot on the team.

And how much would you be willing to pay said # 3 RB who won't see the field unless there's an injury? Maurice Jones-Drew money like Leon and his agents originally asked? The $2.5 million or so that the Jets counter-offered?

If Leon had stuck around, he'd have been our # 2 back, meaning no LT. You're making the argument that Leon > McKnight, when it wasn't McKnight who took his spot on the team.

And didn't we draft The Terminator with the pick we got for Leon?

And didn't we draft The Terminator with the pick we got for Leon?

Yes, and while we can't be sure just yet, I think he may be a pretty special player. He's a valuable asset to this team as our fullback of the future and, for now, a hard-hitting special teams contributor. I hope to see him light somebody up on Sunday on a kickoff.

Archived