A Kris jenkins comeback is possible

s dubb

How, Isn't he Dl'd?

Doesn't that mean he's out for the rest of the season, no matter what?

Last year he said he could have played in the playoffs too, but the Jets were not allowed to add him to the roster.

Were they?

Yes, Jenkins is on IR. They're talking about 2011/2012.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5i4DfM2yOOokeAK4vAp_xS-si0wbA

Its tough to find good nose tackles via the draft. Are there any on the horizon?

All the good ones come from the draft. It's tough to trade or get a good NT in FA...

There's a couple prospects that look good...Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss looks like he might be able to pull off going in the first round (6'1 330)...Kendrick Ellis (6'4 350) from Hampton is the perfect top of the 2nd gamble...Phil Taylor from Baylor is as big as Ellis but I'm not sure I buy into him as much...

Haloti Ngata is a FA, too

My pants almost ripped...it's so unlikely but Rex *was* his first pro coach....

Edited by SenorGato

All the good ones come from the draft. It's tough to trade or get a good NT in FA...

There's a couple prospects that look good...Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss looks like he might be able to pull off going in the first round (6'1 330)...Kendrick Ellis (6'4 350) from Hampton is the perfect top of the 2nd gamble...Phil Taylor from Baylor is as big as Ellis but I'm not sure I buy into him as much...

My pants almost ripped...it's so unlikely but Rex *was* his first pro coach....

They might not be able to franchise him. Can you imagine that guy on this defense? YIKES!

You know, Jenks knee did not just break down and fall apart under his weight. That was a nasty hit and bending the knee in a direction it isn't supposed to bend was the cause of the injury. He might just be serviceable. Not saying we should bank on it since we need to get a young stud at the position anyway. I just would not completely write him off so quickly.

Edited by Mistalava

I love Jenkins, but he's done. At this point, I'll take a look at Jenkins' brother, Cullen. He's a FA next season, and I can see us taking a look at him.

Haloti Ngata is a FA, too.

No way Ngata hits FA, although if he did I have no doubt the Jets would make a huge play for him. You know Ryan would sure as hell be pushing for it. Although it's very possible they just wouldn't be able to match what other teams could offer considering some of the contracts they already have. But the only way that happens anyway is if there's a new CBA and no franchise tag.

No way Ngata hits FA, although if he did I have no doubt the Jets would make a huge play for him. You know Ryan would sure as hell be pushing for it. Although it's very possible they just wouldn't be able to match what other teams could offer considering some of the contracts they already have. But the only way that happens anyway is if there's a new CBA and no franchise tag.

Maybe Ngata takes a bit less to come to the Jets.

Good for Jenkins. Whether he plays or not, I understand it is always better to go through the surgery and rehab as if you plan to play again. Otherwise, it's like giving up and preparing to hobble around for the rest of your short a$$ life. I don't see how or why the Jets need to spend high picks or money to replace a guy they have already replaced with a piece of trash from a regime or two ago. All the Jets irreplaceable parts have been replaced. I hope they upgrade, but it's not the end of the world if they stick with what they have.

Good for Jenkins. Whether he plays or not, I understand it is always better to go through the surgery and rehab as if you plan to play again. Otherwise, it's like giving up and preparing to hobble around for the rest of your short a$$ life. I don't see how or why the Jets need to spend high picks or money to replace a guy they have already replaced with a piece of trash from a regime or two ago. All the Jets irreplaceable parts have been replaced. I hope they upgrade, but it's not the end of the world if they stick with what they have.

I hear what you're saying DBs that can play man, can tackle, and blitz are much more valuable to this system. And really we take guys like Pouha and Devito, and maybe even Ropati and make them productive players. It'd just be a nice luxury to have a stud on the Defensive line.

But I wouldn't hold my breath thinking that the Jets are going to draft Defensive linemen high. I think it's pretty clear Rex likes to find the diamond in the rough type DL and coach them up into players.

I hear what you're saying DBs that can play man, can tackle, and blitz are much more valuable to this system. And really we take guys like Pouha and Devito, and maybe even Ropati and make them productive players. It'd just be a nice luxury to have a stud on the Defensive line.

But I wouldn't hold my breath thinking that the Jets are going to draft Defensive linemen high. I think it's pretty clear Rex likes to find the diamond in the rough type DL and coach them up into players.

Everybody wants Ngata, but Kelly Gregg is probably what they are looking for in a player.

Exactly what I told the other guy. They might not be ABLE to franchise him. That's when we come into play and Rex Ryan.