Battle of 30 something RB's

lancemehl

Let's compare elder statesmen:

Both #5 overall picks

They got Ricky-- 33 years old, 10 seasons in the NFL (could've been 12 but he spent time in a hole with Sadam or something)

Ricky has piled up 8984 yards and 62 TD'd (not bad, but somewhat of a disappointment. Only 1000 yards once since 03) and here's my favorite stat: 40 fumbles 26 lost

Canton? mmmm....nope, probably not.

We got Ladanian (love that name.lol)-- 31 years old, also 10 seasons (he decided to stay in the country and play)

LT has accumulated 12628 yards and a record 138 TD's (He has 1,000 yards in every season but last, a Curtis Martin like feat lol) LT has only put the ball on the ground 19 times, losing 8. His memorial is already up in Ohio.

As far as receiving, the edge goes heavily to LT as well with 3997 yards to 2,382.

Does that mean we'll win the game? No. But it's fun to kick around.

This year LT is averaging 6.3 ypc and another 7 yards/catch.

Ricky is averaging 3.3 ypc and doesn't have a catch.

When RB's hit the wall, they hit it hard.

You didn't take the time to look up LT's ypc for last year. So there must be no reason to do that. I mean, if you did it wouldn't be like thisclose to 3.3 ypc.

You didn't take the time to look up LT's ypc for last year. So there must be no reason to do that. I mean, if you did it wouldn't be like thisclose to 3.3 ypc.

While you're taking the time to look up last year's stats, make sure you look up Sproles' numbers, too, and compare them to Ronnie Brown. I think you'll find that San Diego's offensive line/rushing offense completely sucks, while Miami's is pretty damn good outside of Ricky.

While you're taking the time to look up last year's stats, make sure you look up Sproles' numbers, too, and compare them to Ronnie Brown. I think you'll find that San Diego's offensive line/rushing offense completely sucks, while Miami's is pretty damn good outside of Ricky.

Ryan Mathews hasn't done a damn thing either, much to the chagrin of fantasy owners like me who bought in to the hype and drafted him in the 3rd round.

Archived