Alex Barron - horrible

bitonti

Watching the first half of the JAX @ STL game, can't help but notice the horrible play of #20 overall draft pick Alex Barron. BEsides the 3 holding penalties and the 2 false starts, he did something I haven't seen before - when his QB was throwing an outlet pass to the RB (faulk) he jumped in front of the ball, caught it and started running downfield. It's not that I haven't seen OL catch the ball - that happens occasionally, usually a situation where the QB throws to the wrong guy and the OL just takes it from there. no - This guy actually stole the ball from the RB and started running. Complete mental breakdown is a good way to describe this man's first half.

I know Jets fans may not particularly care but besides the fact this is a bye week, R44 will rememebr this is a player I did not like whatsoever and was projected to be the #1 overall OT of 2005 draft by almost all major sources... but not ours... we ranked him 3rd behind Brown and Barnes... and it was only due to his natural abilities that we didn't rank him lower than that.

I watched the Rams game and Barron was either terrible, or Reggie Hayward was incredible -- I think it was a little of both.

Barron was a player I never really loved, but always felt would go fairly high for 2 reasons.

1) Just natuaral potential

2) Weak group of senior tackles in the fall of 2004...unlike the current of group of senior tackles, who are great.

The beat goes on for the Jags: Win huge games, against big time opponents; then lose to a Ram team that was missing half their lineup due to injuries.

Give major kudos to the Rams on the win....and for the 2nd week in a row little Mike Furrey had a game changing pick at safety (recently switched to defense).

Remember all the Furrey threads back in the "old country"?

Over at JI, he used to come up all the time, because he was a record setting WR (perhaps best ever in the AFL) for the New York Dragons, after he walked out on the Jets, claiming he was too burnt out/tired to play for Jets, right after an indoor season.

I forget the JI poster, but someone once asked Bradway about him and Bradway said he absolutely loved his ability, but he wouldn't be welcomed back at Hofstra because he walked away from the Jets.

He's a Pro Bowl level special teamer, which actually allowed him to hang around with the Rams long enough to get a look at safety, after he washed out at WR.

Watching the first half of the JAX @ STL game, can't help but notice the horrible play of #20 overall draft pick Alex Barron. BEsides the 3 holding penalties and the 2 false starts, he did something I haven't seen before - when his QB was throwing an outlet pass to the RB (faulk) he jumped in front of the ball, caught it and started running downfield. It's not that I haven't seen OL catch the ball - that happens occasionally, usually a situation where the QB throws to the wrong guy and the OL just takes it from there. no - This guy actually stole the ball from the RB and started running. Complete mental breakdown is a good way to describe this man's first half.

I know Jets fans may not particularly care but besides the fact this is a bye week, R44 will rememebr this is a player I did not like whatsoever and was projected to be the #1 overall OT of 2005 draft by almost all major sources... but not ours... we ranked him 3rd behind Brown and Barnes... and it was only due to his natural abilities that we didn't rank him lower than that.

I'm not suggesting an Anthony Munoz career is in his future, but why is Barron a bust in week 8 of his rookie season but mediocre to lousy players the Jets drafted cannot be evaluated for 3 years?

I'm not suggesting an Anthony Munoz career is in his future, but why is Barron a bust in week 8 of his rookie season but mediocre to lousy players the Jets drafted cannot be evaluated for 3 years?

to clarify I never said he was a bust. I had just never seen quite as bad a first half from the tackle position in quite a while. alot of that stuff is rookie related but cmon jumping in front of the ball and catching it and running with it is noteworthy. That's a special kind of stupid.

quesstion for R44

Why haven't jests signed Wesley Britt from Pats practice Squad and why haven't they brought in the

Kid Munoz for a look see?

R44 is the expert on college players but as far as I know Munoz gave up on playing football.

S.Edwards, Barron isn't a bust after half a season....But, just as I felt all along, he was a bit of a "project", who went higher in the last draft due to the lack of top notch talent at affensive tackle.

He was really beyond horrible yesterday, if you saw the Rams game -- yielded a couple sacks and once, right at the end of the half, was called for penalties on 3 straight plays to almost knock the Rams out of scoring position.

For the Rams sake, hopely he gets better in time.

DKotite, I've never talked to Bitonti personally, so there's no hidden story :lol:

He seems cool, and him and Green Jets & Ham love college football -- so we do a draft web site. It's mostly just me and Bit this part of the season, but Ham is always welcomed, as are a few others, including Stormshadow.

afosomf, I have simply no idea what happened to Wes Britt. I know he was injured at the Senior Bowl, which affected his draft stock (went in round 5) because he couldn't go the combine or workout for teams, but that should've been fully healed by now?....He seemed like a great prospect coming out, not sure why he can't stick in NFL.

Yes, I'd suggest any team in the NFL sign Britt to their practice squad, unless there's is something I don't know about him.

BTY, did you ever see this from DD.com?

Note, all pics were selected by his agent: :lol:

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/evanMathis.cfm

Munoz, supposedly, was so upset he wasn't drafted, he simply walked away from football for good (as faba noted) and isn't even listening to offers to return.....He's taken a childish approach to this, which he'll eventually regret, I think, when he's 30....He desperately wanted to play in the NFL, but if it wasn't on his exact terms, he wanted no part of it :oops:

Last I read, he wants to get into politics and is running for some low level office in Ohio or Tennessee....which means :^o

S.Edwards, Barron isn't a bust after half a season....But, just as I felt all along, he was a bit of a "project", who went higher in the last draft due to the lack of top notch talent at affensive tackle.

He was really beyond horrible yesterday, if you saw the Rams game -- yielded a couple sacks and once, right at the end of the half, was called for penalties on 3 straight plays to almost knock the Rams out of scoring position.

For the Rams sake, hopely he gets better in time.

DKotite, I've never talked to Bitonti personally, so there's no hidden story :lol:

He seems cool, and him and Green Jets & Ham love college football -- so we do a draft web site. It's mostly just me and Bit this part of the season, but Ham is always welcomed, as are a few others, including Stormshadow.

afosomf, I have simply no idea what happened to Wes Britt. I know he was injured at the Senior Bowl, which affected his draft stock (went in round 5) because he couldn't go the combine or workout for teams, but that should've been fully healed by now?....He seemed like a great prospect coming out, not sure why he can't stick in NFL.

Yes, I'd suggest any team in the NFL sign Britt to their practice squad, unless there's is something I don't know about him.

BTY, did you ever see this from DD.com?

Note, all pics were selected by his agent: :lol:

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/evanMathis.cfm

Munoz, supposedly, was so upset he wasn't drafted, he simply walked away from football for good (as faba noted) and isn't even listening to offers to return.....He's taken a childish approach to this, which he'll eventually regret, I think, when he's 30....He desperately wanted to play in the NFL, but if it wasn't on his exact terms, he wanted no part of it :oops:

Last I read, he wants to get into politics and is running for some low level office in Ohio or Tennessee....which means :^o

Nice article on Mathis, i believe he was drafted in 3rd rd by panthers.

Archived