MLB season too damn long

Bugg

Other than the NL West and NL wildcard, the playoff participants are decided. And even there,there's no great pennant race.

Selig is making noise about expanding the playoffs to 5 or 6 teams in each league. It might be a good idea. But no matter, the playoffs should get started in September. The 162-game season has become a death march. And while no one wants to say it, without greenies all of these players are dragging a$$ since August.

Other than the NL West and NL wildcard, the playoff participants are decided. And even there,there's no great pennant race.

Selig is making noise about expanding the playoffs to 5 or 6 teams in each league. It might be a good idea. But no matter, the playoffs should get started in September. The 162-game season has become a death march. And while no one wants to say it, without greenies all of these players are dragging a$$ since August.

I agree.

One benefit of the Roid era maybe the significance of numbers means nothing now. Maybe with numbers gone, they will start fixing the game and shortening the season is one step.

I would love to see a single game elimination for the wildcards. Let the team with the best overall record, play a team that has to set-up their ace for the 'play in' game.

Season is too long...everyone knows who will be in playoff contention before the season starts anyway...

First year in a while that wasn't really true. No Cardinals, no LA teams, SF in, Reds, Atl in, Texas. The AL was pretty predictable a while ago this season though. NL stayed exciting for a lot longer.

First year in a while that wasn't really true. No Cardinals, no LA teams, SF in, Reds, Atl in, Texas. The AL was pretty predictable a while ago this season though. NL stayed exciting for a lot longer.

there were a couple new ones, that's for sure. I'm sure they'll fade back into obscurity after this season or the next. Can't wait for next year...yawn...

Archived