Jose Bautista

I had an idea why Johnson jumped up. And the facts bear it out.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/johnsda02.shtml

Because he went from an Orioles' lineup without Frank Robinson and aging Boog Powell and Brooks Robinson as marginal power threats in spacious Memorial Park to a Braves' power-packed lineup featuring Darrell Evans, Ralph Garr and Hank Aaron in their primes and Dusty Baker coming into his own, all playing in a launching pad Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.

HE had NEVER hit TWENTY before.

You don't make that kind of jump based on that alone.

This is one of your more moronic posts. Granderson has ALWAYS hit for power. Bautista never did until his 30 year old season. Get a clue.

Not as much as this season. Playing in Yankee stadium in that lineup helps his cause though. His swing is made for that short porch in right.

Except thats exactly what trolls like you would be saying if he was a yankee.

Show me ONE post I ever made about a Yankee "juicing" just because he was hitting (unless he already had been found guilty).

You are just posting garbage without any basis. Again.

again, if the NY Mess ever had a player in their pathetic franchise history who hit more than 41 homeruns in a year then no matter what the circumstances were we wouldn't hear a peep from Dicking.

again, if the NY Mess ever had a player in their pathetic franchise history who hit more than 41 homeruns in a year then no matter what the circumstances were we wouldn't hear a peep from Dicking.

Blackout, I know that threads with multiple posts are difficult for you to follow along with, but show me where I have criticized or accused Bautista of anything. I am actually defending him.

You are dense.

• Thumb Down 1

HE had NEVER hit TWENTY before.

You don't make that kind of jump based on that alone.

Would only ask you look at the numbers again.This was a very unique set of circumstances.Johnson/Bautista looks like apples to pomegrantes. If you go from batting in back of old Brooks Robinson and in front of old gout-ridden Boog Powell, both on their way out, to batting among and between hank Aaron, Darrell Evans, Ralph Garr and Dusty Baker in their primes in a lauching pad, it's a unique situation, further so when Baltimore was an averag HR stadium while Atlant was a launching pad. Further someone named Mike LUm hit 18 HRs with the Braves that year; who the hell is Mike Lum? Opposing pitchers had to throw strikes to someone, and Johnson lucked out, while the year before in a spacious park nobody was the least bit scared of throwing strikes to the entire O's lineup.

Johnson was a very bright guy, and Bautista possibly could have had the lightbulb go off over his head.Who's to say Johnson did not take full advantage, possibly training as he saw his career coming to an end. Bautista has moved around a whole bunch, but it's not like the lineup he played in in 2009 was as bad as the Orioles nor the 2010 Jays as good as the Braves.

There's also this possibility-

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/02/hammerin_hank_a.html

I watched him for 5 years in Pittsburgh. He could always hit for power, he just couldn't hit period, lol. But you could see he had a ton of potential, he just sucked and looked imo lazy back then.